Alimta?

Dawn50
Dawn50 Member Posts: 122
Have any of you taken Alimta? If so, did it work for you? What kind of side effects did you have? Any info you can share would be appreciated as the doctors want to put my husband on this as a 2nd line treatment since he has experience metastisis.

Comments

• mysisterlin
    mysisterlin Member Posts: 4
    Alimta
    Dear Dawn50 -

My sister just had her first chemo treatment yesterday and it is a combination of cisplatin and Alimta. So far she said she is doing ok but it has only been one day. She has been newly diagnosed on December 10, 2011 so she is just getting started. She is at Stage IV lung cancer with metastis to the brain (which they removed). Praying for your husband.
  • Dawn50
    Dawn50 Member Posts: 122

Alimta
    Dear Dawn50 -

My sister just had her first chemo treatment yesterday and it is a combination of cisplatin and Alimta. So far she said she is doing ok but it has only been one day. She has been newly diagnosed on December 10, 2011 so she is just getting started. She is at Stage IV lung cancer with metastis to the brain (which they removed). Praying for your husband.

Thank you Sister Lin
    I will pray for you sister too. My husband had his first Alimta treatment on the 6th and by the 10th he was very SICK. Took him to Dr and he had to have some IV fluids and anti nausea. This is his second round of Chemo. He previously had 6 carbo/taxol treatments but his cancer metastized so they are trying again.
  • sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
    Dawn50 said:

Thank you Sister Lin
    I will pray for you sister too. My husband had his first Alimta treatment on the 6th and by the 10th he was very SICK. Took him to Dr and he had to have some IV fluids and anti nausea. This is his second round of Chemo. He previously had 6 carbo/taxol treatments but his cancer metastized so they are trying again.

Dawn are they giving him
    IV anti-nausea meds before chemo also does he have a sript for meds to take at home as well?
    Mom never needed it but I heard ginger tea is great for nausea FYI
    Mom was dx 1/3/11 with NSCLC (adenocarcinoma) carboplatin/alimta after 3 cycles had scans and all shrunk but 1 so we had to go to 2nd line of tx which was Taxotere.

Did your husband ever get tested for EGRF for the mutation as well?

There are so many great people on here, it stinks that your here, but now that you are glad you found us. It has helped me in so many ways.

I was also informed on other sites as well www.chemocare re;chemo's and www.cancergrace.com is also Onc's on there too.

Good Luck and God Bless!