Found another lump over a previous lumpectomy

Heavyn01
Heavyn01 Member Posts: 1
I had a bilateral lumpectomy in March 2007, I begin feeling pain in my breast the past couple months I did a breast examination I felt a huge lump over the area where I had surgery.
I went to the doctor today she scheduled an ultrasound and a mammogram, I am afraid. The first surgery was very painful.
I am praying it's scar tissue. I felt alone until I found this group.

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    It very well could be scar tissue.
    Easier said than done, I know - but try not to worry.

Sue
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Sorry to Hear
    Sorry to hear your news. Don't freak out until you know the results and a course of treatment. I know it's easier to say than do. I've been there. I had bc in 2003 and recurrance in 2009. I had radical masectomy first time. I'm sure doing two at once was much worse. Remember it's only one correct? We are here for you. Please keep us posted with results. Praying for you.

Terry
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    mom62 said:

Sorry to Hear
    Sorry to hear your news. Don't freak out until you know the results and a course of treatment. I know it's easier to say than do. I've been there. I had bc in 2003 and recurrance in 2009. I had radical masectomy first time. I'm sure doing two at once was much worse. Remember it's only one correct? We are here for you. Please keep us posted with results. Praying for you.

Terry

Have you felt it before?
    So sorry to hear about your lump. I hope it's scar tissue. That's entirely possible you know. We're here and will be with you as you go through your exams. Do you feel anything like this on your other lumpectomy scar? When's the mammogram and ultrasound?
    Welcome.
    Suzanne
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Have you felt it before?
    So sorry to hear about your lump. I hope it's scar tissue. That's entirely possible you know. We're here and will be with you as you go through your exams. Do you feel anything like this on your other lumpectomy scar? When's the mammogram and ultrasound?
    Welcome.
    Suzanne

Hoping it's scar tissue
    Hoping it is scar tissue.If it is a tumor hope it is benign.I've had 3 scares in the last 2 years.After my dx of bc 3 other tumors have been found.All benign.Very scary and its been real hard on me.Even though they are beign it takes a toll everytime.And mine have all been in the same breast.(Left side)

Lynn Smith
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Prayers
    Hi and welcome. I'm sorry you are experiencing fear again. Please try not to worry too much until you have results. I too pray this is only scar tissue. I know a few sisters here have experienced similar situations. But even if it's a lump it doesn't have to be the beast...so please, try to stay positive.

Wishing good luck the day of your exams. May you get only good results.

Please keep us posted.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    You are right
    this is a great group of men and women on this board and have helped me get through so much. I too will pray that this is scar tissue which it very well could be.

Will be waiting to hear the outcome and wish you the best.

Prayers,
    CArol
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    camul said:

You are right
    this is a great group of men and women on this board and have helped me get through so much. I too will pray that this is scar tissue which it very well could be.

Will be waiting to hear the outcome and wish you the best.

Prayers,
    CArol

Keep...
    Keep us posted...we care..hopefully this will turn out fine...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    try not to worry
    I had a 6.5 cm tumor at it's largest dimension with my unilateral lumpectomy. They found a suspicious result in my baseline mamogram and did a surgical biopsy. I got the results back today. It was scar tissue. I was worried as I had had triple negative bc which is aggressive. Hope you get the kind of results I had.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    sbmly53 said:

It very well could be scar tissue.
    Easier said than done, I know - but try not to worry.

Sue

Praying it is scar tissue.
    Praying it is scar tissue. Keep us updated.

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Have you felt it before?
    Welcome.
    Suzanne

I am so sorry, but, I am
    I am so sorry, but, I am thinking positive that it will be scar tissue.

Hugs, Leeza