anybody know about HER2+ cancer?

Muschi
Muschi Member Posts: 85 Member
It suposed to be a real aggresive kind. Maybe somebody could reply. I am new.
Ilona

Comments

• taiga
    taiga Member Posts: 75 Member
    HER2
    I was just diagnosed with breast cancer in November. I am HER2+, and estrogen receptor+. From what I've learned it is aggressive, but responds very well to Herceptin. I am doing 8 cycles of chemo first, then will have surgery. There is a website for HER2 breast cancer patients: her2support.org. I found it to have some helpful info.
  • Muschi
    taiga said:

HER2
    I was just diagnosed with breast cancer in November. I am HER2+, and estrogen receptor+. From what I've learned it is aggressive, but responds very well to Herceptin. I am doing 8 cycles of chemo first, then will have surgery. There is a website for HER2 breast cancer patients: her2support.org. I found it to have some helpful info.

HER2
    Thank you so much for your reply. I did check out "her2support.org". It really helped me a lot. I had surgery first and than chemo and radiation and now I only receive Herception for a year. My bones are aching when I am getting up in the morning but than as I move around it is getting better. I hope you are doing well with your treatments.
  • AndreaLN
    AndreaLN Member Posts: 18
    Muschi said:

HER2
    Thank you so much for your reply. I did check out "her2support.org". It really helped me a lot. I had surgery first and than chemo and radiation and now I only receive Herception for a year. My bones are aching when I am getting up in the morning but than as I move around it is getting better. I hope you are doing well with your treatments.

HER2
    I too am HER2+ I am on Herceptin only and do it every 3 weeks. They wanted me to do radiation but I have opted out of that. I know they are going to give me another drug (pill) but was waiting until after radiation but since that isnt going to happen I am sure that they will start that today as I have to go to have my 3rd treatment. I did have some tiredness, light headed, and sick after the first treatment but that has all went away. I am now finding that my hair is falling out. That is something that really surprised me as I was told it wouldnt. I am new to this website and board but I wish you well. Andrea
  • mckevnic
    mckevnic Member Posts: 71
    AndreaLN said:

HER2
    I too am HER2+ I am on Herceptin only and do it every 3 weeks. They wanted me to do radiation but I have opted out of that. I know they are going to give me another drug (pill) but was waiting until after radiation but since that isnt going to happen I am sure that they will start that today as I have to go to have my 3rd treatment. I did have some tiredness, light headed, and sick after the first treatment but that has all went away. I am now finding that my hair is falling out. That is something that really surprised me as I was told it wouldnt. I am new to this website and board but I wish you well. Andrea

Her 2 too
    I was Her2 and ER+ and PR+ (triple positive they call it). Being Her2 can be scary because it IS aggressive however, the Herceptin has shown to be a very effective med. There is also a movie "Living Proof" that is a true story about Herceptin. Just bought it on Amazon for $6.
    Chris
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    mckevnic said:

Her 2 too
    I was Her2 and ER+ and PR+ (triple positive they call it). Being Her2 can be scary because it IS aggressive however, the Herceptin has shown to be a very effective med. There is also a movie "Living Proof" that is a true story about Herceptin. Just bought it on Amazon for $6.
    Chris

I am also Her2+. I had a
    I am also Her2+. I had a Lumpectomy. I did 4 rounds of AC then 12 rounds of taxol and then they also started the herceptin which continued for a full year. 34 rad treatments. I saw that movie Living Proof. Thank God right
    Kathy
  • Muschi
    taiga said:

HER2

HER2
    Hi Taiga,
    how are you doing? I am feeling tired most of the time after receiving the herception treatment. The funny thing happen to me. I had a lots of friends over yesterday for a German Dinner out of appreciation to my friends for all the past month what they did for me. I worked hard in the kitchen and cleaned it all up afterwards. What I am saying is, even with all the work I did I do feel very good today. I guess it is better to be activ than take it too easy around the house as I was doing all this time. I also try to walk more if the weather permits,haha.
    Please let me know how you are feeling!
    Greetings Ilona
  • taiga
    taiga Member Posts: 75 Member
    Muschi said:

HER2
    Hi Taiga,
    how are you doing? I am feeling tired most of the time after receiving the herception treatment. The funny thing happen to me. I had a lots of friends over yesterday for a German Dinner out of appreciation to my friends for all the past month what they did for me. I worked hard in the kitchen and cleaned it all up afterwards. What I am saying is, even with all the work I did I do feel very good today. I guess it is better to be activ than take it too easy around the house as I was doing all this time. I also try to walk more if the weather permits,haha.
    Please let me know how you are feeling!
    Greetings Ilona

HER2+
    Thank you for asking about me. I am doing pretty good. Had my first chemo 2 weeks ago today - 5-FU, Epirubicin and Cytoxan. Wasn't too bad at all and I had had no problems after I had the Neulasta shot the next day - I loaded up on Alleve and Claritin. I had lots of energy actually - I'm sure from the steroid pre-meds I got. I do believe, that no matter how tired you think you are, any amount of exercise will do you a world of good. Even if it's just a 10 minute walk. Take care.