Last Herceptin today,

I started my Herceptin along with Taxotere,clopatin, and herceptin, last Jan 28, 2011. Today I graduated,had my last Herceptin. Thank God, I will have my mammogram tommorow, please remember me in your prayers. I will stay postive.

Comments

• mckevnic
    mckevnic Member Posts: 71
    Woohooo!!
    Congrats on completing your treatment! I went through the same (Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin) and remember the feeling when I finished. I was happy, relieved to be finished, but I gotta say a little nervous because I thought "now what?". I was so used to going for treatment I wondered who was going to keep tabs on me. If you have those same thoughts, just know that it does get better as time goes on. I finished in April 2011 so I'm coming up on a year and I managed to get back to somewhat normal when it comes to keeping busy with things other than appointments!

Good luck with the mammo! I'm SURE you will be ok!!

Chris
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    mckevnic said:

Woohooo!!
    Congrats on completing your treatment! I went through the same (Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin) and remember the feeling when I finished. I was happy, relieved to be finished, but I gotta say a little nervous because I thought "now what?". I was so used to going for treatment I wondered who was going to keep tabs on me. If you have those same thoughts, just know that it does get better as time goes on. I finished in April 2011 so I'm coming up on a year and I managed to get back to somewhat normal when it comes to keeping busy with things other than appointments!

Chris

Congrats!
    Wow...what an accomplishment!! What a long journey you have been on.
    I'm sure mammo will be just fine!

Hugs and prayers, Debi
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    debi.18 said:

Congrats!
    Wow...what an accomplishment!! What a long journey you have been on.
    I'm sure mammo will be just fine!

Hugs and prayers, Debi

Congratulations
    Congratulations!!! I will pray that your mammo comes back clean.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135

Congratulations
    Congratulations!!! I will pray that your mammo comes back clean.

Hugs,

Dawne

Same here
    I was on the same chemo, it felt so good to be finished. I was diagnosed September 2009. Started chemo in Oct finished in Sept 2010. Good luck with your mammo. Prays coming your way.

Hugs,

Cindy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Same here
    I was on the same chemo, it felt so good to be finished. I was diagnosed September 2009. Started chemo in Oct finished in Sept 2010. Good luck with your mammo. Prays coming your way.

Hugs,

Cindy

congratualtions yay!!!!!!

• Muschi
    Muschi Member Posts: 85 Member
    mckevnic said:

Woohooo!!

Chris

Herception
    Your entry kind of answered my question I always had since I am on herception. I had chemo and radiation and now I am only on herception. I will be finnished with this in September this year. Than what?????? You wrote "I managed to get back to somewhat normal when it comes to keeping busy with things other than appointments!" How did you feel while you where on this treatment? I am tired and my bones are acking. Maybe you would reply it would mean so much to me,
    greeting Ilona
  • Marketing20107
    Marketing20107 Member Posts: 15
    Muschi said:

Herception
    Your entry kind of answered my question I always had since I am on herception. I had chemo and radiation and now I am only on herception. I will be finnished with this in September this year. Than what?????? You wrote "I managed to get back to somewhat normal when it comes to keeping busy with things other than appointments!" How did you feel while you where on this treatment? I am tired and my bones are acking. Maybe you would reply it would mean so much to me,
    greeting Ilona

Herceptin
    Hi Llona, I am Francene. I worked the whole time I had chemo, to stay busy, had to go to the cardiologist to check my heart every 3 months,because you can get congestive heart failure. After the big chemo, I felt fine. yes my bones do hurt, my knee, my hip, also I have not had a period since last january. The doctor asked me yesterday, I was I feeling with the Taxotere, I feel fine, and I try to take a 45 min walk everyday. He want to get me to try the Arimdex in three months. But overall it is gonna be different not having to go every 21 days. I know all the nurses there, I got lots of hugs yesterday.. You will be fine, Thanks for responding.
  • Muschi
    Muschi Member Posts: 85 Member

Herceptin
    Hi Llona, I am Francene. I worked the whole time I had chemo, to stay busy, had to go to the cardiologist to check my heart every 3 months,because you can get congestive heart failure. After the big chemo, I felt fine. yes my bones do hurt, my knee, my hip, also I have not had a period since last january. The doctor asked me yesterday, I was I feeling with the Taxotere, I feel fine, and I try to take a 45 min walk everyday. He want to get me to try the Arimdex in three months. But overall it is gonna be different not having to go every 21 days. I know all the nurses there, I got lots of hugs yesterday.. You will be fine, Thanks for responding.

Herception
    Hi Francene,
    I am kind of glad to know that it is not unsual that the bones hurt. I had my last echogram 6 weeks ago and also a cat scan and both were good. My onco. is very satisfied the way I am doing. I do have to ask him what medicin I am receiving, I thought Herception is all the same but as I am reading from all the different people there are different medications involved. I am so glad I found this site as I am learning a lot in this short time.
    Sometimes I am too tired to walk but I try to make it a habit. Same here I also know all the nurses and they are very nice in general. My son goes with me every 3 weeks and we are playing cards while I am getting the Herception and the nurses think that it is so cool,haha. I do feel sorry for some of the patients there, they are looking so sick and my heart is going out to them.
    Thank you also for responding.......take care!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    mckevnic said:

Woohooo!!

Chris

First, congrats, and,
    First, congrats, and, second, good luck with your mammo!

Hugs, Debby
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

Very big congrats!

Very big congrats!