New and need to know about leg pain.

Hello Everyone,

I wish I had found this site 6 months ago. I just finished 6 months of chemo on December 15. My tumor has shrunk much more than they anticipated (Yeah!!) and I get to have surgery at the end of January.

Chemo has been over for two weeks and my leg pain is still horrible. Since I'm trying to get my colon to normal activity again, I haven't wanted to take the Hydrocodone unless I have to. But I left church this morning and came home because they were hurting so bad and jumpy.

My hubby asked this morning if I was feeling ok. When I said, "No," he said he could tell because I was on edge.

Trying so hard not to be because I know the kids don't get it. Or if they do, they are as tired of it as I am.

Any advice out there how to deal with this leg pain?

Thanks,
Darlene

Comments

• ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Leg Pain
    Darlene, my oldest daughter is/was having leg pains,also,a couple of weeks ago. She just turned 40 and is pregnant. She was told that she had "shingles"! Sometimes stress can bring on shingles,which causes severe leg pains. I don't know how they test for shingles, but any Dr. should .

Hope this helps you. I pray you do not have them, but if you do, they can be treated with medications.

Cyber (((HUGS))) & prayers to you. Glad that you found this site,sorry you had to join the "CLUB".

Robert
  • Nashville5
    Nashville5 Member Posts: 6

Leg Pain
    Darlene, my oldest daughter is/was having leg pains,also,a couple of weeks ago. She just turned 40 and is pregnant. She was told that she had "shingles"! Sometimes stress can bring on shingles,which causes severe leg pains. I don't know how they test for shingles, but any Dr. should .

Hope this helps you. I pray you do not have them, but if you do, they can be treated with medications.

Cyber (((HUGS))) & prayers to you. Glad that you found this site,sorry you had to join the "CLUB".

Robert

Thanks
    Thanks Robert, I will definitely ask about that. :-)
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Potassium ok?
    That is always a big one for leg pain. I didn't have the leg pain but did have leg weakness

Wishing you the best!

And we get the colon thing,

Jennifer
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    grams2jc said:

Potassium ok?
    That is always a big one for leg pain. I didn't have the leg pain but did have leg weakness

Wishing you the best!

And we get the colon thing,

Jennifer

Yes, have your potassium
    Yes, have your potassium level checked. I know that low potassium can cause leg pain and cramps.

Hugs, Jan
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Chemo can also give you
    Chemo can also give you neuropathy. Any pain that last two weeks needs to be investigated by your oncologist.
  • jne66
    jne66 Member Posts: 26
    leg pain
    dear darlene
    I finished chemo dec 6. I'm still experiencing problems with my legs too. I'm having trouble with edema and stiffness. I've been trying to walk some everyday-impossible during chemo. I keep hoping they will improve but I'm wondering how long this is going to last. Good luck with the surgery. maybe we our bodies just need more tinme . IDK
    jne66
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    no advice..never had
    no advice..never had chemo..but sending good thoughts your way

Denise
  • ShirleyCurls
    ShirleyCurls Member Posts: 51
    I've also have bad leg pain,
    I've also have bad leg pain, I would sit on the edge on the edge of the bed and cry.

Regular use of ibuprofen has helped a lot. I also was given Tramdol which I've used only when necessary. Don't start taking ibuprofen without checking with your doctor. My radition oncologist suggested the ibuprofen and is usually offered as a first line of defense.

Epsom Salts in a warm bath also has helped a lot, it helped me lessen the use of ibuprofen and Tramdol.