Different kind of post - A proud aunt brags.

dennycee
dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
So happy that my treatment allowed me to live long enough to brag about this! So few musicians succeed well enough to make an appearance on the David Letterman Show. My nephew Ian Krist plays vibraphones in the band Blind Pilot. This is their performance from the Jan 6th show.. He is the good looking guy in the back right with all the ink.

Comments

• mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    That's so cool! I would
    That's so cool! I would watch it, but I would never make it that late. I'll DVR it!
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    That is way cool!
    Brag away! They are excellent, and few of us could hope to be that fortunate (to be able to brag about it, or better yet, to succeed on that level). New fan here!
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    :)
    I saw the show Friday night and usually don't hang around for the musical act, but did for some reason for this band. Great job by the band! (Wasn't looking for your nephew at the time :)).

Congrats to you for doing the fighting it has taken to be here to see it. It had to be sheer joy.

Take care,

Joe
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 said:

That's so cool! I would
    That's so cool! I would watch it, but I would never make it that late. I'll DVR it!

Silly Me
    Silly me I am a day late and a dollar short. He performed on the 6th! I missed it, darn.
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    mamacita5 said:

Silly Me
    Silly me I am a day late and a dollar short. He performed on the 6th! I missed it, darn.

Mamacita ...
    There's a good high-res clip up on Youtube. Check it out!
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

:)
    I saw the show Friday night and usually don't hang around for the musical act, but did for some reason for this band. Great job by the band! (Wasn't looking for your nephew at the time :)).

Congrats to you for doing the fighting it has taken to be here to see it. It had to be sheer joy.

Take care,

Joe

proud
    You should be very proud. Congratulations

cathy
  • mamacita5

Mamacita ...
    There's a good high-res clip up on Youtube. Check it out!

Will do! Thanks "Rock".

Will do! Thanks "Rock".
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Proud aunt
    You have every reason to be proud of your nephew. So happy that you got to see him perform on TV.

Glenna
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Bragging rights...
    You have the bragging rights Auntie! I bet nephew is blushing too. What an accomplishment for him. Sounds like he is on the road to fame. Wish him the best that life has to offer. I will be taking Rock's suggest and check out the clip on youtube. ROCK ON!!!! Cheryl
  • dennycee
    dennycee Member Posts: 857 Member
    Thanks
    I will share your responses with him!