Arimidex and Fibromyalgia

Arimidex and Fibromyalgia. Anyone have any side affects such as itching?

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    I haven't -
    is this listed as a side effect? How bad is the itching? Call your Onc and let him know. In the meantime, Aveeno oatmeal products help clam dry itchy skin.

Sue
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    sbmly53 said:

I haven't -
    is this listed as a side effect? How bad is the itching? Call your Onc and let him know. In the meantime, Aveeno oatmeal products help clam dry itchy skin.

Sue

No itching.
    I have been on Arimidex for more than two years and no itching so far. Could be an allergic reaction so I would ask your doctor.

Roseann
  • Phoenix chick
    Phoenix chick Member Posts: 13
    Sore joints
    No itching for me, just sore joints everywhere. i have read that too much sun exposure can make the itching worse.. try covering up more.
    Avoid sitting around for long periods... it will make you feel worse.
    Hang in there with lots of regular stretching and exercise. Have you tried aquarobics?
    I reckon is it worth it.
    Fiona
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Cold weather and dry skin
    Of course, check with your doctor, but, off the top of my head, unless you are really having an allergic reaction, I would guess that this is something else. Most commonly this time of year is itchy skin from the cool, dry weather. My daughter and I suffer from this. I heard most of the below on NYC Docs while driving to work ;-), but most of it, I was doing already.

Here is what helps:

Avoid hot baths. Tepid, brief showers are best.
    Find a hypoallergenic lotion for after showering such as Kiehl's or Aveda.
    Use a mild soap. Dove is my go-to winter soap.
    Drink lots of water as dehydrated skin is itchier.
    If you have a "hot spot" of itchy skin, use an OTC cortisone cream.

However, if you have a severe rash or something more serious, call your doctor asap.