Steroids suck - no baby girl yet

grams2jc
grams2jc Member Posts: 756
Was having posting issues yesterday so couldn't let you all know the latest.

Saw MO on Thursday and touched base on some issues, kind of a little hand patting session to just make sure I am actually hearing what I am absorbing, I am, so that helps.

My daughter drove me to the appt and then we picked out some clothes for me and JC for a photo shoot yesterday. I didnt have a photo of just me since 1983. Then we went to J's "last" supper. NO 2 yr old, no infant, no hungry males. That dinner and the hour ride home were FANTASTIC as we discussed some things we would never have talked about in any other setting, I probably told her 12 times yesterday how much that meant to me.

Friday was 3 hrs work, hair appt, wig appt to get my new freebie ones styled and old Raquel shaped back up. Quick photo session with photos of just me and some with JC. If my hair never really comes back this time I will have it on film now. Then the 2 hour round trip to rads. Mr JC wanted to see what BeBe was doing and the tech let him watch me on the monitor and even sit on the table when I was done. His only disappointment was he couldn't wear my "hat" (mesh mask) We convinced him his spederman hoody was just as good. They were so good to him!!!

Little Miss JC hasn't shown up yet but my bag is packed to go too. When you can't drive all they have to do is slow as they go by the house and you will magically appear in their car.

As my daughter said....we will have to pry your fingera off of this baby so someone else can hold her huh? YES

Steroids still suck, emotional rollercoater, mean to sweet, bawling to euphoria, hunger to reflux, no more than 3 1/2 hours sleep in a 24 hour period, but Monday is coming, maybe he will taper me down some more.

Everyone have a fantastic day and my smartphone will shout the arrival of this little girl as soon as she shows her "hairy bottom" We know she is head down now and her mommy is having a lot of heartburn, the wives tale about heartburn and more hair on baby's head has her mommy saying it must be going to show up on the wrong end!

Jennifer

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Sounds like a great day with
    Sounds like a great day with your daughter Jennifer! And, I am sure they will have to pry that new baby girl out of your arms! But, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry about the steroids. Cheering you on and praying for you!

Hugs, Lex
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    Alexis F said:

Sounds like a great day with
    Sounds like a great day with your daughter Jennifer! And, I am sure they will have to pry that new baby girl out of your arms! But, there is nothing wrong with that.

Sorry about the steroids. Cheering you on and praying for you!

Hugs, Lex

Thanks for the update! I
    Thanks for the update! I was just wondering if that baby girl had arrived yet.
    Where are you getting your treatment? Have a great weekend!
    Your KS "neighbor"
    Angie
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    AngieD said:

Thanks for the update! I
    Thanks for the update! I was just wondering if that baby girl had arrived yet.
    Where are you getting your treatment? Have a great weekend!
    Your KS "neighbor"
    Angie

~~~♥~~~
    Jennifer, how special a day it was to have your family with you, and how kind the tech team was to your little JC. I have 3 boys (all grown) and know how they would want that "mask" to try on. Boys~ I imagine how precious the conversation must have been with your daughter in the car~those moments are so important to us to convey our thoughts to our family. I know the excitement of waiting for your granddaughter to arrive~ I too have one of each (10 & 4 now). Nothing like a newborn baby to wrap your heart around. I hope next week brings a good report for the treatment and possibly getting to slow down on the steroids~ Do you post some of those photo shoots? so we can admire your loveliness and family? I better check out your expressions page~
    ~Hugz sister~
    Melanie
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

~~~♥~~~
    Jennifer, how special a day it was to have your family with you, and how kind the tech team was to your little JC. I have 3 boys (all grown) and know how they would want that "mask" to try on. Boys~ I imagine how precious the conversation must have been with your daughter in the car~those moments are so important to us to convey our thoughts to our family. I know the excitement of waiting for your granddaughter to arrive~ I too have one of each (10 & 4 now). Nothing like a newborn baby to wrap your heart around. I hope next week brings a good report for the treatment and possibly getting to slow down on the steroids~ Do you post some of those photo shoots? so we can admire your loveliness and family? I better check out your expressions page~
    ~Hugz sister~
    Melanie

A good day
    It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your daughter. I love Mom/Daughter days. I'm waiting for your big announcement telling us that your sweet little granddaughter has arrived. I'm so excited for you & I can't wait to hear all about her.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Little Girl
    You are such strong woman, Jennifer. Glad you had a good day with daughter and grandson. Soon the young man will have some competition for time. Hoping the little girl will arrive soon if only to maker her mother more comfortable.

Hoping soon you will be more comfortable with the small dose of steroids.

Hoping she arrives soon to delight her grandmother.

Best,

Doris
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Jennifer,
    What a fun day. I

Jennifer,
    What a fun day. I used to love the drives to placerville with my daughter. We would talk and listen to music. Then stop and get coffee or lunch. It was a special time.
    Are you going to post the pictures? Maybe the ones from 1983 then now?
    Sounds like the rads aren't too bad. Steroids, yep they suck! It will be done soon though.

That little girl is just taking her own time like all little girls...... She is one lucky little girl!

Take care,
    Cindy
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    mamolady said:

Jennifer,
    What a fun day. I

Jennifer,
    What a fun day. I used to love the drives to placerville with my daughter. We would talk and listen to music. Then stop and get coffee or lunch. It was a special time.
    Are you going to post the pictures? Maybe the ones from 1983 then now?
    Sounds like the rads aren't too bad. Steroids, yep they suck! It will be done soon though.

That little girl is just taking her own time like all little girls...... She is one lucky little girl!

Take care,
    Cindy

Glad you had some time to enjoy your daughter
    I know how you feel--I jump at the chance to spend time with my adult son--just had dinner with them and hubby last night.

It would be nice if they could cut back on the steroids. Then you could feel a little more like your old self. With my current situation, I'm having sleeping issues too. Everything is a little harder to take when you're sleep-deprived.

Jennifer--you hang in there. You're a special inspiration to me.

Hugs, Renee
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Mom & Daughter time
    is wonderful. So glad that you were able to have that special time with her. My mom went with me to all of my chemos. As much as I hated chemo, I have to say the time with mom was very special to both of us. I miss spending those long hours with her each week - don't miss the taxol though!!

Will be waiting to hear about the arrival of your new little princess. Grandkids are the best medicine ever!!!!

Hugs, Debi