I just can't believe this is happening----

2»

Comments

• AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493
    mom62 said:

To much
    Angie,

I am so sorry you have this burden to bear along with all that is going on with the rest of your family. Just ask what course of treatment your onc plans to go with and in what order so you know what the sequence of events will be. Again, I'm so sorry. They say God never gives us more than we can handle, but sometimes I wonder...It seems very unfair the amount you have going on. Bless you.

Terry

Thank you, Terry. Plans are
    Thank you, Terry. Plans are coming together.
    Angie
  • AngieD
    ladyg said:

Angie
    I am sorry to hear about this news. It seems you already have enough going on in your life. Once you get all your tests done a plan of attack will be laid out. That is what I wanted to know when I was dx'd. I just wanted to know what would or could be done and how soon could we start. I am not the kind of person who likes to wait!
    I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Thanks, Georgia. You sound
    Thanks, Georgia. You sound like me. I love having a plan!
    Angie
  • AngieD
    BetsyJane said:

Keeping you and hubby in my prayers
    So sorry to hear all the problems you are having. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers (as well as ALL my pink sisters and brothers).

God Bless You,

Betsy

Thank you, Betsy. Your
    Thank you, Betsy. Your prayers are appreciated.
    Angie
  • AngieD

Oh my goodness
    Your plate is overflowing . I am so sorry that on top of everything else that your going through now you have to go through the battle with the beast. My heart goes out to you and I'm sending a huge cyber hug.

My best friends little boy was born with HLHS & had to have surgery within 4 hours of being born . He just turned 12 & even though he's had a few scary moments & several surgeries he is doing quite well. I will keep you and your family in
    my prayers.

Please keep us posted and try to take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Dawne

Thanks so much for the cyber
    Thanks so much for the cyber hug, Dawne. And for the information on your best friend's son who is now 12. I shared that with my son and DIL.
    Angie
  • AngieD
    missrenee said:

Oh, Angie, I was where you are now 2 years ago
    As I've read through all the posts, I see that all the ladies have given you some great advice--no surprise. This place was my solice, and a place where I could rant, rave, come to when I was scared or just come to talk it all out. I am so sorry that you are here, but you sound like one strong lady. When I was diagnosed I thought--there's no way I can do this, my life is over. How wrong I was. I don't think most of us have a clue as to what we can accomplish or endure.

You will get there, Angie--and we'll be here to help you. Please post often because we all truly do care.

Hugs and prayers, Renee

Renee,
    Thanks for the hugs and prayers! And sending some right back to you after reading your most recent updates.
    Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sea60 said:

Angie, I am so
    sorry on top of everything you've had to deal with, you now have to deal with this! First of all, I'll be praying for all your family. Secondly, we're here for you so know that you have MANY pink sisters to rally you on.

My tumor was 5cm+ large so I definitly had to have Chemo first before the surgery. I was Estrogen and HER2 positive. Thankfully, it wasn't in the lymph nodes. So I had Chemo, the Mastectomy, radiation, then reconstruction. I was diagnosed 2005 and thank God, despite a few bumps on the road, I'm doing well.

At this point, I would think you have to wait for the tests to come in before you find out your treatment. Angie, you seem like a strong woman and I know you'll get through all this.

Sending my prayers and hugs!

Sylvia

I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you and your family too Angie. And, I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I had a lumpectomy, followed by rads, no chemo.

Once all of your tests results are in, your oncologist should have a plan of action in place for you.

I wish you the best and just know that you are surrounded with pink sisters now!

Hugs, Kylez
  • MNGirlyGirl
    MNGirlyGirl Member Posts: 14
    AngieD said:

Thank you, Betsy. Your
    Thank you, Betsy. Your prayers are appreciated.
    Angie

Prayers going out
    Angie, so sorry you are dealing with all this. It IS overwhelming and I keep wondering if I'll ever wake from this dream. I have found a huge support group and a wealth of information on these boards. I was diagnosed in late October and just had my first round of chemo on Thursday. Feeling better than I thought I would. Most of it is just anxiety of waiting for "something bad" to happen. However, I have found that I have been able to deal with what has been given me. I'll keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Kathy
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

Prayers going out
    Angie, so sorry you are dealing with all this. It IS overwhelming and I keep wondering if I'll ever wake from this dream. I have found a huge support group and a wealth of information on these boards. I was diagnosed in late October and just had my first round of chemo on Thursday. Feeling better than I thought I would. Most of it is just anxiety of waiting for "something bad" to happen. However, I have found that I have been able to deal with what has been given me. I'll keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hugs,
    Kathy

You do, indeed, have a lot on your plate
    and even though it's now 2012, you still have many challenges. Welcome to the board, Angie. I hope you soon have a plan of action in place and will begin the challenge. I also pray your husband and soon to be born grandchild can do well.

Sending prayers and hugs,
    Suzanne
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    AngieD said:

Thank you, Terry. Plans are
    Thank you, Terry. Plans are coming together.
    Angie

I would like to welcome you
    I would like to welcome you also Angie to this great site. And please know that I will be praying for you and your husband.

Hugs, Debby
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    BetsyJane said:

Keeping you and hubby in my prayers
    So sorry to hear all the problems you are having. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers (as well as ALL my pink sisters and brothers).

God Bless You,

Betsy

I am so sorry Angie and I am
    I am so sorry Angie and I am sending you and your husband lots of cyber hugs and lots of prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    AngieD said:

Thank you for the welcome
    Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as the journey continues. I think, with my husband's case, I've learned the lesson that everyone is a statistic of one.
    Angie

I love your name! lol
    I love your name! lol Welcome Angie and I am wishing you the best of luck!

Hugs, Angie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Megan M said:

I am so sorry Angie and I am
    I am so sorry Angie and I am sending you and your husband lots of cyber hugs and lots of prayers.

Hugs, Megan

Dear Angie,
    Just wanted to

Dear Angie,
    Just wanted to send prayers and thoughts to you. You really have so much to bear right now.
    God bless and big hugs,
    Wanda
  • AngieD

Dear Angie,
    Just wanted to

Dear Angie,
    Just wanted to send prayers and thoughts to you. You really have so much to bear right now.
    God bless and big hugs,
    Wanda

Thanks so much everyone!
    Thanks so much everyone! Testing is completed: Triple negative, KI67 Proliferation Index High 75%, T2:N0:M0, CTs, Bone Scan, Breast MRI OK. So, there is a plan, and I started chemo yesterday. It will be 4 A/C every other week for a total of 8 weeks, then Taxol for 12 weeks, 3 weeks rest, surgery, radiation daily for 6 weeks. Whew! Long haul, but hopeful it will do the job!!!
    Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    AngieD said:

Thanks so much everyone!
    Thanks so much everyone! Testing is completed: Triple negative, KI67 Proliferation Index High 75%, T2:N0:M0, CTs, Bone Scan, Breast MRI OK. So, there is a plan, and I started chemo yesterday. It will be 4 A/C every other week for a total of 8 weeks, then Taxol for 12 weeks, 3 weeks rest, surgery, radiation daily for 6 weeks. Whew! Long haul, but hopeful it will do the job!!!
    Angie

Praying you will get thru
    Praying you will get thru chemo with no side effects Angie. You do have a long haul but you can do it! You've got us cheering you on to the finish line!

Hugs, Lex
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Oh my goodness
    Your plate is overflowing . I am so sorry that on top of everything else that your going through now you have to go through the battle with the beast. My heart goes out to you and I'm sending a huge cyber hug.

My best friends little boy was born with HLHS & had to have surgery within 4 hours of being born . He just turned 12 & even though he's had a few scary moments & several surgeries he is doing quite well. I will keep you and your family in
    my prayers.

Please keep us posted and try to take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Dawne

You've joined the club that
    You've joined the club that none of us want to. Since you're here Angie, I welcome you and know that you've got a wealth of info and love right here!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Alexis F said:

Praying you will get thru
    Praying you will get thru chemo with no side effects Angie. You do have a long haul but you can do it! You've got us cheering you on to the finish line!

Hugs, Lex

WOW
    WOW you do have alot on your mind.I read so many times where a spouse(husband or wife) is diagnosed with cancer after the other.It happened not far from me.A lady had bc and within 6 months her husband was dx with bc.It had to be hard on them.He passed within a year and she is doing fine. I beleive this happens more than we realize.

Wishing you,your husband and the twins better health.Praying for you.Hope this new treatment works for your husband.Believe in miracles!!!

Lynn Smith