Core Biopsy Update

sunnyaz
sunnyaz Member Posts: 582
Ouch! Had two core biopsies yesterday and I have stabbing pain. Tylenol is not cutting it. One of the biopsies was on a cystic tumor and the doctor basically sucked all the fluid out. The one done in my pectoral muscle doesn't really bother me. I thought it would be the other way around. I hope I can put a bra on tomorrow and go to work. Anyone else with this type of problem?
Blessings,
Julie-SunnyAZ

Comments

• ThycaAnne
    ThycaAnne Member Posts: 68
    Core biopsies
    Hi, Julie--

Been looking for your post this morning........

Have you tried a sports bra? That's what I had to do for several days after the core biopsies. They are soft and kind of squash you, but it's better than going without!!

When will you know the results?

Anne
    Houston
  • sunnyaz
    ThycaAnne said:

Core biopsies
    Hi, Julie--

Been looking for your post this morning........

Have you tried a sports bra? That's what I had to do for several days after the core biopsies. They are soft and kind of squash you, but it's better than going without!!

When will you know the results?

Anne
    Houston

The doctor said she would call
    Hi Anne,

The doctor said she would call me no later than Monday but maybe as soon as Friday. I took off the ace bandage this morning and realized that the incision area where the core biopsy was done is the one with stabbing pain not the cyst incision, that one is much lower and on the bra line. It was hard to tell with my boobs squashed in the ace bandage for twenty four hours. I also noticed that the incision is very splotchy red and slightly hot. I will call the office to find out what to do. The instruction sheet said to watch for this and oozing from the sites. This might explain my discomfort. My entire breast is bruised and sore. I guess this is par for the coarse.

Blessings,
    Julie-SunnyAZ
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    sunnyaz said:

The doctor said she would call
    Hi Anne,

The doctor said she would call me no later than Monday but maybe as soon as Friday. I took off the ace bandage this morning and realized that the incision area where the core biopsy was done is the one with stabbing pain not the cyst incision, that one is much lower and on the bra line. It was hard to tell with my boobs squashed in the ace bandage for twenty four hours. I also noticed that the incision is very splotchy red and slightly hot. I will call the office to find out what to do. The instruction sheet said to watch for this and oozing from the sites. This might explain my discomfort. My entire breast is bruised and sore. I guess this is par for the coarse.

Blessings,
    Julie-SunnyAZ

I also wore a sports bra,
    I also wore a sports bra, so, that might help. Or, if your pain is really worse, call and get some pain meds.

Praying that you get good results!

Sue :)
  • sunnyaz
    Ritzy said:

I also wore a sports bra,
    I also wore a sports bra, so, that might help. Or, if your pain is really worse, call and get some pain meds.

Praying that you get good results!

Sue :)

Thanks Sue
    I really appreciate prayers. LOVE your avatar!

I have Vicodin left over from my surgery last year. I have been using it as needed. It causes other problems so I try to avoid it unless necessary.

Definitely going to use a sports bra for work tomorrow. It's going to look funny under my scrubs but I don't care.

Blessings,
    Julie
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    sunnyaz said:

Thanks Sue
    I really appreciate prayers. LOVE your avatar!

I have Vicodin left over from my surgery last year. I have been using it as needed. It causes other problems so I try to avoid it unless necessary.

Definitely going to use a sports bra for work tomorrow. It's going to look funny under my scrubs but I don't care.

Blessings,
    Julie

I had lots of pain after my
    I had lots of pain after my biopsy,too. I used pain pills, icing it. I didn't have any sports bras and couldn't afford any at the time, so I made do with what bras I had. If your pain is that bad, I would definitely call your doctor and let them know how much pain you are having.
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Ouch
    Julie,

I had a core biopsy in 2009. The radiologist ended up hitting a bone and bending the needle during one of the "clicks". I almost came off the table. Sorry to hear your sore but it is common. It's a more invasive biopsy.

Terry
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    mom62 said:

Ouch
    Julie,

I had a core biopsy in 2009. The radiologist ended up hitting a bone and bending the needle during one of the "clicks". I almost came off the table. Sorry to hear your sore but it is common. It's a more invasive biopsy.

Terry

sports bra .. here
    due to the cuts, bruising and bondage. Have you tried ibuprofen? Tylenol does not help with my pain --.

Hoping you find releif soon ---

Vicki Sam

Terry -- OUCH!!
  • sunnyaz
    VickiSam said:

sports bra .. here
    due to the cuts, bruising and bondage. Have you tried ibuprofen? Tylenol does not help with my pain --.

Hoping you find releif soon ---

Vicki Sam

Terry -- OUCH!!

Sports Bra
    This is the second day after my biopsy. I haven't tried a sports bra as of yet, also due to the cuts, busing and bondage. I decided to stay home from work again today and I will try the sports bra for a short relaxing walk around the lake later. Feeling like I need a little exercise to get my spirits/endorphins back up. The pain is better this morning. I did have to take Vicodin before I could get to sleep last night. I would love nothing more than to take some Ibuprofen but I am not allowed until tomorrow. The doctor said that it's due to bleeding. Normally I am an Ibuprofen addict, taking at least 800-1600 mg per day for inflammatory issues. It's the only drug that helps me. But, I will be able to start back on it tomorrow! Yeah!

Thanks for all the support ladies. It is incredible to me how many of you are on this site. The Thyroid page was not as active. I guess that's because Thyroid is a more rare cancer and not as many people are on it. I am jumping on the Pink bus as I have already started to get to know some of you so well.

Hoping to hear from the doctor today. This would be the soonest I would hear from her. More likely on Monday:( Will keep posting on progress.

Blessings,
    Julie
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    sunnyaz said:

Sports Bra
    This is the second day after my biopsy. I haven't tried a sports bra as of yet, also due to the cuts, busing and bondage. I decided to stay home from work again today and I will try the sports bra for a short relaxing walk around the lake later. Feeling like I need a little exercise to get my spirits/endorphins back up. The pain is better this morning. I did have to take Vicodin before I could get to sleep last night. I would love nothing more than to take some Ibuprofen but I am not allowed until tomorrow. The doctor said that it's due to bleeding. Normally I am an Ibuprofen addict, taking at least 800-1600 mg per day for inflammatory issues. It's the only drug that helps me. But, I will be able to start back on it tomorrow! Yeah!

Thanks for all the support ladies. It is incredible to me how many of you are on this site. The Thyroid page was not as active. I guess that's because Thyroid is a more rare cancer and not as many people are on it. I am jumping on the Pink bus as I have already started to get to know some of you so well.

Hoping to hear from the doctor today. This would be the soonest I would hear from her. More likely on Monday:( Will keep posting on progress.

Blessings,
    Julie

Keep us posted...
    When you get your results...just a note on the ibuprofen and dosage you take daily...unless this is with your physician's knowledge, it can get you in trouble down the road with severe stomach issues...I was the same...took it daily for different pain issues...My oncologist had a fit and said " stop!"
    I know take Aleve..one morning and night...works great for me...it is also an anti inflammatory drug...plead don't think I'm preaching to you...

Keep us posted...
    Hugs,Nancy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MAJW said:

Keep us posted...
    When you get your results...just a note on the ibuprofen and dosage you take daily...unless this is with your physician's knowledge, it can get you in trouble down the road with severe stomach issues...I was the same...took it daily for different pain issues...My oncologist had a fit and said " stop!"
    I know take Aleve..one morning and night...works great for me...it is also an anti inflammatory drug...plead don't think I'm preaching to you...

Keep us posted...
    Hugs,Nancy

Post your results Julie when
    Post your results Julie when you can. Sending hugs and prayers!

Hugs, Kylez
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kylez said:

Post your results Julie when
    Post your results Julie when you can. Sending hugs and prayers!

Hugs, Kylez

Did I miss another post with
    Did I miss another post with your results Julie? Praying for you!

Hugs,

Diane