Casting For Recovery Retreats - new info

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited January 2012 in Breast Cancer #1
The New Year is here and it won't be too long til the 2012 Calendar for the Casting For Recovery Retreats will probably be postd soon so thought I'd bring it up. I found out about it last year but missed the application dates.

Casting For Recovery Retreats are for women who have been DX'd with Breast Cancer. There are ones in many different parts of the country. They are weekends of learning how to fly fish and being together. Everything is covered (food/lodging/lessons/use of equiptment) - you just have to get there if you are selected. www.castingforrecovery.org

Check it out - looks like a great time to me and I definately plan on getting my application in early this year.

Susan

Comments

• MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Thanks
    It looks like my state had this sort of retreat was done in September of last year. What a great time to be had!

xoxo
    Mary
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    We had it here also, but I
    We had it here also, but I too missed the application date. They have one for women and one for men dealing with cancer. I am hoping that I will be up to it this year. Last year I probably could not have made it.

Thanks for the reminder.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MsGebby said:

Thanks
    It looks like my state had this sort of retreat was done in September of last year. What a great time to be had!

xoxo
    Mary

Thanks Susan for this
    Thanks Susan for this information!

Sue :)
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    camul said:

We had it here also, but I
    We had it here also, but I too missed the application date. They have one for women and one for men dealing with cancer. I am hoping that I will be up to it this year. Last year I probably could not have made it.

Thanks for the reminder.

I learned a lot today about them
    And you are one of the lucky ones with a chance of going. Where you live there are several Retreats you could be selected for.. Where I live, there is only one Retreat that takes a total of 14 women (Aug 26 - 28) that will be in Pennsylvania. The States that will all be included in the 14 are Alabama, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisianna, Michigan, North Dakota, Oklahoma, eastern Pennsylvanis (there is one specially for western PA) and South Dakota; 12 States = 14 women - basically no hope of being chosen.

The concept is great and I'm sure most of the volunteers are great BUt putting in action is very flawed. The boundaries are drawn and it dosen't matter how close you are to a different 'area' - it doesn't matter never any exceptions ever..

Susan
  • GrammyKaren
    GrammyKaren Member Posts: 96
    Rague said:

I learned a lot today about them
    And you are one of the lucky ones with a chance of going. Where you live there are several Retreats you could be selected for.. Where I live, there is only one Retreat that takes a total of 14 women (Aug 26 - 28) that will be in Pennsylvania. The States that will all be included in the 14 are Alabama, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisianna, Michigan, North Dakota, Oklahoma, eastern Pennsylvanis (there is one specially for western PA) and South Dakota; 12 States = 14 women - basically no hope of being chosen.

The concept is great and I'm sure most of the volunteers are great BUt putting in action is very flawed. The boundaries are drawn and it dosen't matter how close you are to a different 'area' - it doesn't matter never any exceptions ever..

Susan

this sounds divine
    I had hoped of retreats and friends and pretty surroundings. I am on board. Once I finsh my chemo. Will do some research, thanks for the post.

Karen