Out with the old, in with the new

Options
nwasen
nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
Just curious if anyone has new year's resolutions or ideas of what they would like to do different in 2012?
I had my treatments in 2010 so spent the bulk of 2011 getting better and stronger. I believe last year was the worst and the best year of my life.
I plan on joining a 24/7 gym in town to build back up my strength, put together a rock n roll benefit in April for our local cancer association and Hospice and to enjoy each day to the fullest.
There were 4 more cases of head and neck cancer found just in my town of less than 20,000 so hoping to lend a hand to those who reach out to me.
Happy New Year to each of you. Many of you have helped me in ways you are not even aware of.I love this discussion board!!
Peace
Nancy aka toughcookie

Comments

• HAWVET
    HAWVET Member Posts: 318
    Options
    I do not have any plans
    I do not have any plans except to continue with this life after NPC Have also decided to change my family ways in year 2012. Except for one son, my other two remained in mainland USA. Have decided to spend more time with them and the grand children. Aloha and wishing you the very best for the coming year.
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Where no man has gone before
    I resolve that for the coming year, when I go into a room in my apartment, I will always know why I have gone into that room.

best, Hal
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hal61 said:

I resolve that for the coming year, when I go into a room in my apartment, I will always know why I have gone into that room.

best, Hal

Let me know how that works.....
    Please lend me the secret to that one!
    I must do that a million times!!!
    Stacey
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    Hal61 said:

best, Hal

Everyday is a good one...
    I am choosing to make every day count in 2012. I will attempt to be a better man every day and see the world in 24 hour spaces instead of worrying about what can happen in the future.
    Want to stay on top of being positive....
    all the best with your personal initiatives for the new year...
    Steve
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    2012 Plans
    Take each day as a new day now that my treatments are over; work less, enjoy life more, and be thankful for the gift of good health. Let the healing begin.

Blessings and light

Linda
  • tommyodavey
    tommyodavey Member Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

2012 Plans
    Take each day as a new day now that my treatments are over; work less, enjoy life more, and be thankful for the gift of good health. Let the healing begin.

Blessings and light

Linda

A Tough One
    2012 will be the year of treatment and healing for me. On Jan 11th I'm scheduled for a Radical Neck Dissection on my right side. There is a cancerous lump there and the surgeon will remove the lymph node along with several others. He will also move my left salivary gland to the front of my mouth so it won't get zapped by radiation.

Then comes the radiation. This is the week I meet with the Radiation Oncologist to see what's in store for me. No chemo.

For now it's a countdown of fear and anxiety until the 11th.

Tommy
  • nwasen
    nwasen Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options

A Tough One
    2012 will be the year of treatment and healing for me. On Jan 11th I'm scheduled for a Radical Neck Dissection on my right side. There is a cancerous lump there and the surgeon will remove the lymph node along with several others. He will also move my left salivary gland to the front of my mouth so it won't get zapped by radiation.

Then comes the radiation. This is the week I meet with the Radiation Oncologist to see what's in store for me. No chemo.

For now it's a countdown of fear and anxiety until the 11th.

Tommy

A tough one
    Tommy
    we are all here for you. Let 2012 be the year you kicked cancer's butt!!
    I know the fear and the anxiety. Don't be ashamed to ask for anti anxiety drugs to help. I was on them and antidepressants for quite sometime. It's all alot to take in.
    Take a deep breath, breathe and let us know how we can help!!!
    Peace,
    Nancy