My intentions are always good.....

pinkkari09
pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
HI Pinks,
Once again I have let life and treatments consume me and I've failed to be the sister I'm always wanting to be. I have good intentions, I always try to get to the boards, then, well, you know......anyhow, I miss this board :(
As I was scrolling through the discussion topics trying to get caught up on whats happening I must say I'm sad. We lost Marsha, Laurissa is in the hospital again, and that's as far as I've gotten.
My prayers are with all of you every single day regardless, and now that I know about Marsha and Laurissa I will add extra prayers for them and their families.
After my Halloween PT Scan I was left with some really unsatisfying results. It was, well the scan sees it but the tumor markers say no and yaddy yaddy yaddy. Well, the pain continued and it has been really bad so they ordered an MRI of my entire spine and it turns out, the pain was correct even though my tumor markers aren't moving. They have always been a great indicator for me and now they are not, anyone else have this? Long story short, the MRI read that the cancer is ALL OVER my spine, not just a couple spots anymore, so we switched chemo again. It's as it was before, two weeks on and one week off. I must say I'm really disappointed in my tumor markers, it was the one thing that I could hang on too, being triple negative and all, that gave me some sense of peace.
I'm leaving for Cancun in 17 days :) It's on my "bucket list" to travel outside the US and also to have a vacation with my two kids, so were "killing two birds with one stone" :) I'm praying my health holds out and that I'm able to make this trip, it means so so so so much to me!! We did take out the flight insurance just in case, but I'm praying I wont need to use it.
Enough on me, I'm going to do some more reading and catch up with all my sisters/brothers :)
Hugs,
~Kari

Comments

• jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    So sorry to hear
    about the MRI. I'm glad you are going to share some great vacation time with your kids -
    I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending positive energy your way - take good care of yourself and know all of us here are 'with' you!
    much love,
    Jenny
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

So sorry to hear
    about the MRI. I'm glad you are going to share some great vacation time with your kids -
    I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending positive energy your way - take good care of yourself and know all of us here are 'with' you!
    much love,
    Jenny

Kari
    I am so very sad to read about your MRI results. I 'm sending prayers and hugs to you.

And, have a great time with your kids in Cancun! You DESERVE it!

Sue :)
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Focus on you, and the vakay
    I love Vacations!!! Sorry you are not getting the answers you want, hope it all turns around for you ASAP

Jennifer
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Ritzy said:

Kari
    I am so very sad to read about your MRI results. I 'm sending prayers and hugs to you.

And, have a great time with your kids in Cancun! You DESERVE it!

Sue :)

Kari that is dissapointing
    Kari that is dissapointing news, however lets continue to pray that the new chemo regime works against those persistent cancer cells. have a wonderful trip , and we will collectively pray for you to have a great trip and get well!
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    grams2jc said:

Focus on you, and the vakay
    I love Vacations!!! Sorry you are not getting the answers you want, hope it all turns around for you ASAP

Jennifer

Hoping and praying
    that you are soon on a lovely beach with your beautiful children and enjoying the wonderful vacation that you so well-deserve.

Hugs, Renee
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    carkris said:

Kari that is dissapointing
    Kari that is dissapointing news, however lets continue to pray that the new chemo regime works against those persistent cancer cells. have a wonderful trip , and we will collectively pray for you to have a great trip and get well!

So good to see you Kari,
    So good to see you Kari, though sorry about your news. I am wishing you the best vacation possible with your family.

Hugs, Megan
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    Kari,my heart goes out to
    Kari,my heart goes out to you and I pray you have a wonderful trip with your kids.

Lots of hugs and prayers
    Ballerina
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    missrenee said:

Hoping and praying
    that you are soon on a lovely beach with your beautiful children and enjoying the wonderful vacation that you so well-deserve.

Hugs, Renee

Praying for you Kari and
    Praying for you Kari and wishing you a wonderful vacation.

Hugs, Jan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    missrenee said:

Hoping and praying

Hugs, Renee

Double post

Double post
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Ballerina said:

Kari,my heart goes out to
    Kari,my heart goes out to you and I pray you have a wonderful trip with your kids.

Lots of hugs and prayers
    Ballerina

Kari - I'm sending you
    Kari - I'm sending you prayers for your new chemo to work and
    for you not needing that travel insurance. Cancun sounds
    wonderful for a January trip. Have a great trip with your
    children. Hugs and love and positive thoughts coming your
    way.

Teresa
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    Will keep you in my prayers
    Have a great time in Cancun. You deserve it. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Betsy
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    BetsyJane said:

Will keep you in my prayers
    Have a great time in Cancun. You deserve it. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Betsy

So good to hear from you, Kari
    May you have a wonderful trip to Cancun with your kids. Soak up some of the Vitamin D to help the new chemo. I do hate that the mets have increased, but encouraged that there is still more chemo to try. I will send some extra prayers your way.

Suzanne
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sister Kari -- I think of
    Sister Kari -- I think of you often..and just the other day I was wondering how you were doing since you haven't been posting for some time. We completely understand you need your rest and we know you think of us all.

I'm sorry about the results you received for your most recent tests. I know they can be discouraging, but we will continue with our prayers. And this new plan might actually work the miracles for you. Please don't ever loose your faith. We're staying positive for you.

You deserve the time of enjoyment so I hope you enjoy your trip. Don't think of anything else! We'll be here waiting to read your new posts with good news.

Here to a New Year filled with miracles.

Sending you a big hug.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Kari
    so glad to hear from you. I did the same with the vaca in Jan 2011 and I will never regret it. It was so special to spend that time with my kids. It is memories that will never go away! We didn't make it to Mexico, but Disneyland and the beach was a great time for all of us.

It was the MRI that did it for me also.

I wish you the best, have a great vacation.
    ~Carol
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    camul said:

Kari
    so glad to hear from you. I did the same with the vaca in Jan 2011 and I will never regret it. It was so special to spend that time with my kids. It is memories that will never go away! We didn't make it to Mexico, but Disneyland and the beach was a great time for all of us.

It was the MRI that did it for me also.

I wish you the best, have a great vacation.
    ~Carol

Thinking of you
    And hoping the new chemo is the magic potion. Sending all my best wishes for a fabulous vacation with your kids.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    aisling8 said:

Thinking of you
    And hoping the new chemo is the magic potion. Sending all my best wishes for a fabulous vacation with your kids.

xoxo
    Victoria

Wishing..
    The best for you....I understand, all to well, being triple negative myself and dealing with a recurrence....my prayers are with you. Hoping you have a great time in Cancun....the water there is probably the most beautiful, that I've ever seen...just be very cautious when you leave the grounds of your hotel...been there quite a few times...DO NOT eat anything from street vendors!!!!! No matter how great it looks or smells...Nor drink anything unless it comes from a bottle, like coke, beer, etc. From street vendors...

Keep us posted...you know we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Kari,
    sending you big hugs! I'm sorry about the markers as I know that's a big disappointment. I'm praying for you. I know you'll take that vacation and it will be wonderful!

Sylvia
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
    sea60 said:

Kari,
    sending you big hugs! I'm sorry about the markers as I know that's a big disappointment. I'm praying for you. I know you'll take that vacation and it will be wonderful!

Sylvia

Kari,
    Have a wonderful

Kari,

Have a wonderful vacation with your kids! We'll keep the prayers up for you while you're busy enjoying your time on the beach.

Deborah
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

Kari,
    Have a wonderful

Kari,

Have a wonderful vacation with your kids! We'll keep the prayers up for you while you're busy enjoying your time on the beach.

Deborah

Wishing you a wonderful vacation~
    Cancun is lovely this time of year~ soak up the warm sun and enjoy the relaxation with your kiddo's.
    We always think of you, and know you will check in with us as you are able to~ I believe we continue the good thoughts and prayers for one another "round the clock" so to speak~ as we think of one another through out our days~
    Blessings~ Melanie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    gami43 said:

Kari - I'm sending you
    Kari - I'm sending you prayers for your new chemo to work and
    for you not needing that travel insurance. Cancun sounds
    wonderful for a January trip. Have a great trip with your
    children. Hugs and love and positive thoughts coming your
    way.

Teresa

Praying that your new chemo
    Praying that your new chemo will do its job and kill the beast! Your trip sounds wonderful Kari, enjoy it!

Hugs, Leeza