Long afternoon but worth it!

grams2jc
grams2jc Member Posts: 756
Had #3 whole brain radiation and saw my regular RO today. Poor guy, I had a typed list of questions and points I wanted to discuss and he went over all of it with me. He feels that I have many options but will probably need gamma or cyber knife after whole brain rads. We will evaluate with a 4 week MRI after rads done. He lowered my steroids by 4 mg daily as long as headaches stay in check which should help hunger and reflux. I had on boots and a thermal vest but had gained 7 lbs in 6 days, OMG!! He said light exercise, part time work, no stress (physical and mental), and routine household chores ok. Daytime driving may be ok soon as long as no headaches. He said that estrogen positive brain mets are easier to treat than primary brain cancer. He confirmed all other scans clear. My MO gave me those 3 words LONG TERM HOPE, he gave me the R word REMISSION. He said it was possible we could get this back into remission, I am so excited!!!! What a difference a week and some info make!!! Of course it won't be easy and it isn't what I planned on doing this winter, but I will give it my all. Hey, hair and brain function are overrated right?

Thank you all for the prayers, caring, hand holding, and pink bus support. As Willie Nelson would say, I am on the road again!!!

Love to all, and yes I am still a prayer w***e, will take any and all and will send them up for you

Jennifer

Comments

• GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 134
    This all sounds very
    This all sounds very encouraging. I'm also excited for you, and your attitude is amazing. All the best and of course rayers and warm wishes coming your way.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Long term hope and remission
    Long term hope and remission sound like a very good prognosis to me! And all other scans clear is good news!! Yes, information and time truly help in getting through this mess.

Hugs,

Linda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    It sounds like
    you are headed in the right direction. Having 2 drs. say long term hope and remission sound like very positive terms. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy so that you can continue to progress.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    This does sound much more
    This does sound much more encouraging. Amazing how far a little information can go! Will keep praying for remission, that sounds good.

Carol
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Jennifer this is quite positive, I like the LONG TERM HOPE and REMISSION what wonderful phrases those are! It sounds like your doctor is caring and listens well to your concerns, which means you are in good hands. I have always taken a list of questions in to my doc and he has simply gotten used to it, he actually say's so whats on our agenda today! :-) My prayers will be going up for you!

Hugs,

RE
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Jennifer, I have been
    Jennifer, I have been following your posts and I am so happy to read such positive results from your long afternoon. I also LOVE those 3 words "long term hope". I am sending you hope and prayers as you go through your treatment and get closer to the remission status. Sending love and prayers to you!!

Debbie

P.S. Yes, hair is definately overrated. I can say that as I sit here bald and type this message.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    ladyg said:

It sounds like
    you are headed in the right direction. Having 2 drs. say long term hope and remission sound like very positive terms. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy so that you can continue to progress.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Praying for you
    Praying for you Jennifer.

Hugs, Jan
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    MyTurnNow said:

Jennifer, I have been
    Jennifer, I have been following your posts and I am so happy to read such positive results from your long afternoon. I also LOVE those 3 words "long term hope". I am sending you hope and prayers as you go through your treatment and get closer to the remission status. Sending love and prayers to you!!

Debbie

P.S. Yes, hair is definately overrated. I can say that as I sit here bald and type this message.

Jennifer, I agree, let's get
    Jennifer, I agree, let's get this into remission (love that phrase).
    Glad your medical team is all in for you. Hopes and prayers going
    up for you. Also sending you love & hugs.

Teresa
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    So glad to hear those words
    Long Term Hope - and Remission. Keeping you in my prayers that all will be well.

Betsy
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    BetsyJane said:

So glad to hear those words
    Long Term Hope - and Remission. Keeping you in my prayers that all will be well.

Betsy

This is very encouraging.
    The next phrase I'd like to hear is NED. It does sound like that's a real possibility.
    Suzanne
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

The next phrase I'd like to hear is NED. It does sound like that's a real possibility.
    Suzanne

Whew
    Much better than last week! So much hope.

Rest, take care of yourself, and don't worry about the weight. You can tackle that next year. Sounds good to say, doesn't it?

xoxo
    Victoria
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    LONG TERM HOPE
    I am happy your appt. went well with your Dr., Jennifer. We will continue with our prayers - they'll never stop. May your treatment work successfully and put you on REMISSION!

Sending you hugs and love.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

LONG TERM HOPE
    I am happy your appt. went well with your Dr., Jennifer. We will continue with our prayers - they'll never stop. May your treatment work successfully and put you on REMISSION!

Sending you hugs and love.

Jennifer, this sounds so good
    I think "long term hope" and "remission" are two beautiful things. Oh, and by the way, I kind of got spoiled with hardly any hair--so easy! And brain function--highly over-rated--I still blame chemo for all my little screw-ups and that ended last May!

Take good care and keep us posted.

Hugs, Renee
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Sounds good
    goody goody gumdrops
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    Jennifer this is quite positive, I like the LONG TERM HOPE and REMISSION what wonderful phrases those are! It sounds like your doctor is caring and listens well to your concerns, which means you are in good hands. I have always taken a list of questions in to my doc and he has simply gotten used to it, he actually say's so whats on our agenda today! :-) My prayers will be going up for you!

Hugs,

RE

This sounds very encouraging
    This sounds very encouraging Jennifer! I will be praying for you.

Hugs, Kylez
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Suzanne

I am with Suzanne, I am
    I am with Suzanne, I am waiting to hear NED from you and we will!