Marsha Mulvey

New Flower
New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
edited December 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
December 22, 2011 - 3:11pm by Sirod

Marsha Died on Saturday, December 17th
I was hoping Rachel would post it on this discussion board. I sent the obituary to two other members in hopes that they would post it. I just used her name in Google and found it several days ago. More than likely Rachel has a lot to deal with in regards to her mother's death.

Marsha was not only such an exceptional, valiant fighter but, one of the nicest lady on this board.

There is a lovely photo of Marsha on the obituary page should you want to access it.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/courierpress/obituary.aspx?n=marsha-mulvey&pid=155068748

Marsha Mulvey (1952 - 2011)

Evansville, IN

Marsha G. Mulvey, 59, of Evansville passed away at 9 am, Saturday, December 17, 2011 at St. Mary's Medical Center.

Marsha was born March 28, 1952 in Evansville. Growing up, she attended Fairlawn United Methodist Church and was a member of M.Y.F. She was a 1970 graduate of Bosse High School. Marsha had worked in the clerical office at Securitas Security Services. She was a lover of all animals, especially horses and her four cats, Elvis, Chloe, Dottie and Corky. Marsha enjoyed softball, genealogy, coins, bowling and being with her beloved family.

She is survived by daughter, Rachel Mulvey of Evansville, son, Zachary Mulvey of Evansville, the father of her children, Oscar "Gene" Mulvey of Evansville, mother, Betty (Elmendorf) Campbell of Evansville, sister, Brenda Baldwin (Dan) of Mt. Vernon, IN, brother, Steven Bagby (Rose) of Hinsdale, IL. She was preceded in death by her father, Charles L. Turpen, grandparents, Clyde and Isabella Elmendorf and grandmother, Emma Turpen.

Funeral Services will be held at 10 am, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at Boone Funeral Home East Chapel - 5330 Washington Avenue, Evansville with Reverend Mitch Gieselman officiating. Burial will be Private.
Friends may call from 3 pm until 8 pm, Monday, December 19, 2011 at Boone Funeral Home - East Chapel and again from 9 am until time of service at 10 am on Tuesday.

Memorial Contributions may be made to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation , 4424 Vogel Rd, Suite 205, Evansville, IN 47715 or Vanderburgh County Humane Society, PO Box 6711, Evansville, IN 47719. Condolences may be made to the family online at boonefuneralhome.net
Doris

With a very heavy heart I am replicating this information about Marsha. Doris posted it on another thread created by Marsha's daughter, Rachel.
Please light a candle to celebrate her life.I am devastated, and do not have word to express my sorrow
Hugs,
New Flower
reply | Report as Offensive

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    So sad. She was such a
    So sad. She was such a friendly gentle soul. No more suffering for Marsha. She is now in restful peace.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    My Condolences...
    This is very sad and overwhelming. Although it was previously informed to us she wasn't doing well, I still had hope for a miracle.

My condolences go out to her family and her daughter Rachel.

I'm sorry.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    This is very sad news.
    Even when you know the end is near it is never easy when it does come. My deepest symphathies to her daughter and all of her family. She will surely be missed.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    ladyg said:

This is very sad news.
    Even when you know the end is near it is never easy when it does come. My deepest symphathies to her daughter and all of her family. She will surely be missed.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Condolences to family
    This is always hard but especially so at this time of year. We have another angel looking down on us and cheering us on. Rest in peace Marsha.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    skipper54 said:

Condolences to family
    This is always hard but especially so at this time of year. We have another angel looking down on us and cheering us on. Rest in peace Marsha.

Another "Sister"...
    We've lost another precious "sister".....may she rest in peace, pain free now....my heartfelt sympathy to her family....This is heartbreaking..

Hugs, Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MAJW said:

Another "Sister"...
    We've lost another precious "sister".....may she rest in peace, pain free now....my heartfelt sympathy to her family....This is heartbreaking..

Hugs, Nancy

I am heart broken .. like many others ...
    I hate this stupid disease called breast cancer! May Marsha rest in Peace.

Prayers for her Children, Mom, and extended family and loved ones.

Hope for a CURE.. and soon!

Vicki Sam
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    So very sorry
    To hear this. I hope that she is in a better place now and that her family can find some solace.

With deepest sympathies,
    Clementine
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

So very sorry
    To hear this. I hope that she is in a better place now and that her family can find some solace.

With deepest sympathies,
    Clementine

Bump up...
    Bump up...
  • New Flower
    MAJW said:

Bump up...
    Bump up...

Thank you for bumping this up
    Marsha was a very good friend and sister to all of us.
    Her outlook was always very positive and comforting, he has a glowing light in every post she was writing. Her voice will be impossible to replace, it has been a very special, warm and imbracing life.
    Deepest sympathy to family and friends.
    New Flower
  • New Flower

Thank you for bumping this up
    Marsha was a very good friend and sister to all of us.
    Her outlook was always very positive and comforting, he has a glowing light in every post she was writing. Her voice will be impossible to replace, it has been a very special, warm and imbracing life.
    Deepest sympathy to family and friends.
    New Flower

Thank you Doris SIROD
    We need to thank Doris, who found Marsha,s information and made it available to us.
    We appiciate it
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    RIP
    My condolences to Marsha's beloved Family. I am so sorry to hear of her passing. She will always be remembered as a Sister in Pink who was a kind, warm woman with a positive spirit. Thank you for posting this for us.
    Ines