Post radiation headaches, off balance and dizzy

janie560
janie560 Member Posts: 42
I completed radiation last thursday and have been having headaches, light heaadednesss and balance problems, is this related to radiation treatment?

Comments

• Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    I had headaches
    I had bad headaches, but I don't remember feeling shaky or off balance. Are you drinking plenty of water? I know they told me to drink at least 3 liters of water per day to replenish what I was loosing during rads.

I hope you start feeling better very soon.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

I had headaches
    I had bad headaches, but I don't remember feeling shaky or off balance. Are you drinking plenty of water? I know they told me to drink at least 3 liters of water per day to replenish what I was loosing during rads.

I hope you start feeling better very soon.

Hugs,

Dawne

Had...
    Radiation twice, we're all different, but I never had any of these symptoms...I did have fatigue the first go round, and I had oral chemo AND radiation combined 5 days a week this past Aug/Sept...again fatigue but nothing like what you are experiencing...those symptoms don't seem, to me, like side effects of rads...I,personally, would contact your radiation oncologist...stay hydrated in the mean time...

Keep us posted...we care
    Hugs, Nancy
  • LanaKaye
    LanaKaye Member Posts: 21
    post treatment
    I am through with treatments...but have been dizzy & headaches that wake me up...my oncologist said it is normal to have symptoms up to 6 mos to 1 year.

Would also like to invite you to what we call The Chatters Celebration, people from the chat rooms plus \the Boards are going to meet September 28-30th 2012 in
    St Louis Missouri...I am hoping to get sponsors to help w/the hotel & food expenses. We would love to have you & your family..We have a lot of things planned for the weekend.

I have a page on Facebook called The Cancer Chatters, u can go into events & sign up...that doesn't commit u, but I need to reserve the rooms by mid Jan, but if you are unable to make it u can cancel 30 day prior to the event.

Goodluck w/the symptoms, u really neeed to drink a lot of water.
  • LanaKaye
    LanaKaye Member Posts: 21
    Also we have a chat room for
    Also we have a chat room for all types of cancer CSN then chat..right now the server is down, but would love for you to join us
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sorry you are going through
    sorry you are going through this...I did not have any side effects at all...so I don't have any advice...but I am sure you'll find others here who can give some..

Feel better.

Denise
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    possible rads effects
    I did not have those symptoms. You might want to check to make
    sure that you do not have an inner ear infection. Hope you
    get to feeling better!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Tux said:

possible rads effects
    I did not have those symptoms. You might want to check to make
    sure that you do not have an inner ear infection. Hope you
    get to feeling better!

As far as I know, rads
    As far as I know, rads wouldn't cause this. Please contact your rads oncologist or oncologist and let them know.

Hugs, Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Kylez said:

As far as I know, rads
    As far as I know, rads wouldn't cause this. Please contact your rads oncologist or oncologist and let them know.

Hugs, Kylez

Janie ...
    How are you feeling, dear Sister in PINK?

Please post and let us know, when possible.

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

Janie ...

Vicki Sam

You could have an ear
    You could have an ear infection as rads wouldn't do this unless you were having them to your brain possibly.

Hope you're doing better by now.

Hugs, Jan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    VickiSam said:

Janie ...

Vicki Sam

Double post

Double post
  • tko683
    tko683 Member Posts: 264 Member
    me too
    Yes I had all those symptoms and they lasted for awhile after radiation. I had Herceptin after radiation which made the dizziness linger and I noticed that the neurontin that I take for neuropathy also causes dizziness. Always check with your dr. though, I always did, and had lots of ct scans and mri's just to make sure nothing else was going on. Hope you get to feeling better soon
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

sorry you are going through
    sorry you are going through this...I did not have any side effects at all...so I don't have any advice...but I am sure you'll find others here who can give some..

Feel better.

Denise

I didn't have any of these
    I didn't have any of these symptoms either. Talk to your doctor and let us know what he says. Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Lex