Results of my husband's 6 mth scan

Dawn50
Dawn50 Member Posts: 122
We met with the radiologist today and learned that the cancer has spread. There is a new tumor in the right lung and in the hilar lymph node. The cancer at the original site is still active. The radiologist says they have increased his stage from 3B to 4 and they plan to move to palliative treatments ... so no more radiation but possibly more chemo if he will take it.

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Dawn
    I'm sorry for the results. I hope that there will be a chemo that will address the tumors. I don't know your husbands history or if he has been tested for gene mutations to see what chemo would work against the tumors. I hope you and your husband will find a way to treat the tumors. I have you in my prayers. Lori
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Scans.....
    Sorry to hear the news of your husbands scans. Don't give up or get too discouraged yet, chemo alone can give him more time. I'm currently being treated for recurrence and am only receiving chemo. After the first two treatments the tumor shrank by 20% which I find very encouraging.

Stay strong and keep the faith,
    Glenna
  • z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Glenna M said:

Scans.....
    Sorry to hear the news of your husbands scans. Don't give up or get too discouraged yet, chemo alone can give him more time. I'm currently being treated for recurrence and am only receiving chemo. After the first two treatments the tumor shrank by 20% which I find very encouraging.

Stay strong and keep the faith,
    Glenna

Glenna
    Hello Glenna, I am so happy your tumor shrank 20%, like you said this is very encouraging. I pray that it keeps shrinking until it is totally gone. Happy New Year. Lori