Still having side effects? 3.5 years after chemo?

I am new to this site and a 3.5 year survivor of stage 3 breast cancer. Although I went through chemo (Cytoxin, Adriamicin, then Taxol), surgery and radiation with last treatment in June of 2008, I believe I am still having residual side effects. I wanted to ask if anyone has had trouble with:

1. joint and muscle pain after sitting (or driving for more than 1 hour at a time)
2. foot and leg cramps for no apparent reason
3. extremely oily hair, suddenly, the last few months only (like I had when I was a teenager! I am 55, now)

I am still on Tamoxifen.

Is anyone else having these symptoms, this far out from treatment?
Thanks for any help!

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Welcome to the board,
    Since you are on Tamoxifen some of your symptoms maybe coming from combined sources: Chemo, induced menopause, and Tamoxifen .
    I am sure other will give there opinions as well. I am 3 years out of Chemo, and do have several of those you have listed.
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Welcome to the board,
    Since you are on Tamoxifen some of your symptoms maybe coming from combined sources: Chemo, induced menopause, and Tamoxifen .
    I am sure other will give there opinions as well. I am 3 years out of Chemo, and do have several of those you have listed.
    Hugs
    New Flower

I am almost two years out of
    I am almost two years out of chemo and have all of the above except the oily hair (so far)
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    carkris said:

I am almost two years out of
    I am almost two years out of chemo and have all of the above except the oily hair (so far)

I am about a year and a half out of chemo
    but I do have the achy painful joints, bones--I think due to the Arimidex. Also, my hair isn't oily, but my facial skin is extremely oily (like a teen again). I don't like it at all, but I have to believe it's from the Arimidex as well. Are you taking any estrogen blocking meds like Tamoxifen, Arimidex or Femara?

Hugs, Renee
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    I have been on Tamoxifen
    I have been on Tamoxifen since July 2010 and i have the same side affects except oily hair.That is some of the side affects plus hot flashes.Hugs Frankie