In Memory of a Coworker (Ronnie K.)

LoveBabyJesus
LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
Hi pink sisters --

I wanted to share these feelings with you, because this is my other home, where everyone listens and cares.

I was dx this year and I was working from home during most of my chemo treatments. I worked with someone for about 3 years, she was a client of mine. She would come into the office sometimes. One year she got me this cute little kitty calendar. Ronnie (female) was a good person, worked hard, always responsive, responsible, sweet and professional too. I came back to the office after treatments (Aug 1st of this year), and I never lost contact with her - we communicated through emails often. Worked on projects in a weekly basis.

Well...a couple of weeks ago, I was wondering how come I didn't hear from her for some time. Then I was asked to forward emails to someone else.I was feeling weird about the situation. So I emailed her asking her what's going on, and that I was hoping she was OK. Two hours after I sent the email, my boss walks over and says "Oh! BTW, Ronnie passed away two hours ago". It turned out she was fighting cancer at the same time I was. I had no idea. It was pancreatic. She was a young woman too, with a college kid. I walked away from my desk and went to the restroom to cry. I could not believe the news. I understood she wanted to keep it private and I respected that. And I don't even think she knew what I was going through either! Or maybe she did and didn't want to upset me. Anyway..I miss working with her. And I pray she is in light and at peace.

RIP dear Ronnie K.

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    My sympathy in the loss of
    My sympathy in the loss of Ronnie K.

Sue :(
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Ritzy said:

My sympathy in the loss of
    My sympathy in the loss of Ronnie K.

Sue :(

How sad
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Even without knowing what each other was going through, sounds like you had a special connection. Thoughts and prayers for you and her family.

Hugs,Debi
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    debi.18 said:

How sad
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Even without knowing what each other was going through, sounds like you had a special connection. Thoughts and prayers for you and her family.

Hugs,Debi

So sorry...
    for your loss - she sounded like a very beautiful person - I'm sure you helped her as well. Keeping you and her loved ones in my prayers.
    -Jenny
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

So sorry...
    for your loss - she sounded like a very beautiful person - I'm sure you helped her as well. Keeping you and her loved ones in my prayers.
    -Jenny

I'm crying
    Im crying right now after reading this. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. She sounds like she was a beautiful person & I'm sure that you were a huge help to her while she battled even though you didn't know it.

I'm sending you a big cyber hug, uplifting thoughts, & prayers.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

So sorry...
    -Jenny

My sympathy..
    On the loss of your friend....we all understand the grief....we have a dear friend who was diagnosed in Nov. with pancreatic cancer with metastasis to the liver...he is going down hill fast ....lost my beloved first cousin to this also...sending prayers for her family and you...it's painful to lose a friend...

Hugs,
    Nancy
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    MAJW said:

My sympathy..
    On the loss of your friend....we all understand the grief....we have a dear friend who was diagnosed in Nov. with pancreatic cancer with metastasis to the liver...he is going down hill fast ....lost my beloved first cousin to this also...sending prayers for her family and you...it's painful to lose a friend...

Hugs,
    Nancy

my heart breaks for your
    my heart breaks for your friend and her family...whenever i hear about someone passing from this disease it just breaks my heart in so many ways..you and your friends family are in my prayers.

Take care & God bless
    Eva
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    So sorry for your loss
    So sorry for your loss sometimes we just never know about someone else may she rest in peace.Hugs Frankie
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

So sorry for your loss
    So sorry for your loss sometimes we just never know about someone else may she rest in peace.Hugs Frankie

What a very sad story
    I am just so sorry she went through this and that you are having to cope with the loss of a dear, sweet friend.

May Ronnie be in the loving arms of our heavenly Father, in peace and feeling no pain.

Hugs, Renee
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    So sorry
    to hear of the loss of your friend. Keep her in your heart and she will always be with you.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ladyg said:

So sorry
    to hear of the loss of your friend. Keep her in your heart and she will always be with you.

Hugs,
    Georgia

A quiet and valiant WARRIOR, indeed.
    prayers going out to her family, love ones and associates. A class act has closed up shop, here on earth.

May her kindess live in the hearts of those she touched, forever.

Vicki Sam
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Thank you for your kind
    Thank you for your kind thoughts. It is different when you don't know and can't say your last words to that person, but she wanted it this way. No one to know. Because she didnt want to be treated differently. I respect that.

I had a dream about her last night, for the first time! She was at the office and a meeting was about to start. I quickly looked and she was stairing at me the entire time. I was in shock that she was there. She smiled and said hello to me. I yelled "Ronie?!?!", people looked at me because they thought I was loosing it. Apparently they could not see her. She continued to look at me, but she looked as she was at peace. Happy. Younger and tanned! She looked OK. I want her to be OK.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

Thank you for your kind
    Thank you for your kind thoughts. It is different when you don't know and can't say your last words to that person, but she wanted it this way. No one to know. Because she didnt want to be treated differently. I respect that.

I had a dream about her last night, for the first time! She was at the office and a meeting was about to start. I quickly looked and she was stairing at me the entire time. I was in shock that she was there. She smiled and said hello to me. I yelled "Ronie?!?!", people looked at me because they thought I was loosing it. Apparently they could not see her. She continued to look at me, but she looked as she was at peace. Happy. Younger and tanned! She looked OK. I want her to be OK.

My sincere sympathy to you
    My sincere sympathy to you for losing your friend. Your dream sounds like Ronnie wanted to visit you just to let you know she's at peace.
    I'm sure she is.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

My sincere sympathy to you for losing your friend. Your dream sounds like Ronnie wanted to visit you just to let you know she's at peace.
    I'm sure she is.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

I am sorry
    I am sorry for the loss of your friend.I know with the time you kept in contact you were friends even though a distance.Pancreatic cancer is one of those cancers that when found it is already to late.It would have to be hard to tell someone.Time is indefinate and she knew of your dx.Sometimes I am so down about my cancer but then I think of those with lung, liver pancreas etc.I know they can live long lives depending how soon it is caught but it is inside you body near major organs.It has to be a worry.

I'm not sure how long her dx was but she was probably private because there may not have been alot of time to think.Tests, treatments etc.I remember when a friend of mine was dx with breast cancer her doctor told her she will be on fast speed for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. She had a fast growing invasive breast cancer.Life did go by fast for her. After 6 years she is fine.

Not sure your friend was on the computer much after he dx.Not alot of time. May have been everywhere before it was found. My heart goes out to you and her family. It has to be hard.

Like I mentioned in another post my husband knows of people that have passed in 2 days or a month after dx of some cancers.

Lynn Smith
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    VickiSam said:

A quiet and valiant WARRIOR, indeed.
    prayers going out to her family, love ones and associates. A class act has closed up shop, here on earth.

May her kindess live in the hearts of those she touched, forever.

Vicki Sam

I am so sorry for your loss.
    I am so sorry for your loss. Sending sympathy and prayers!

Hugs, Kylez
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    ladyg said:

So sorry

Hugs,
    Georgia

This is so sad and I am so
    This is so sad and I am so very sorry that you lost your friend.

Hugs,

Debby
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

So sorry for your loss

RIP Ronnie and my sympathy
    RIP Ronnie and my sympathy to you LoveBabyJesus.

Hugs, Angie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I'm sure she is.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

My deepest sympathy for your
    My deepest sympathy for your loss of Ronnie K.

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Thank you for your kind

I love your dream! She is
    I love your dream! She is at peace now!

Hugs!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm so very sorry to here this
    I also had a dear friend, Terry, who was diagnosed one year after I was (2006). We kept in touch and I know she was still doing various treatments. When I would ask her how she was she always resonded "fine". Well, after I left a voice mail message one day, I wondered why she never called back. She always did. I figured she was busy with her 2 sons & family. Then I got a call that she passed away. I was shocked. But I knew Terry, and I also knew she never wanted to tell me how bad it really was because she was thinking about MY feelings. She was an angel and I have no doubt she's amongst them now.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    sea60 said:

I'm so very sorry to here this
    I also had a dear friend, Terry, who was diagnosed one year after I was (2006). We kept in touch and I know she was still doing various treatments. When I would ask her how she was she always resonded "fine". Well, after I left a voice mail message one day, I wondered why she never called back. She always did. I figured she was busy with her 2 sons & family. Then I got a call that she passed away. I was shocked. But I knew Terry, and I also knew she never wanted to tell me how bad it really was because she was thinking about MY feelings. She was an angel and I have no doubt she's amongst them now.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,

Sylvia

I'm so sorry and you have my
    I'm so sorry and you have my sympathy for the loss of your dear friend. May she rest in peace now.

Hugs to you,

Noel