Christmas Songs

wolfen
wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
For those of us that celebrate the holidays or just like Christmas songs and could use some cheer right now, what is your favorite Christmas song?

Mine is "O Holy NIght".

Happy Holidays to everyone,

Luv,

Wolfen

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    I'm Still Up Barking at the Moon with Mama Wolf:)

"Jingle Bell Rock" by Bobby Helms

"Rocking Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee

"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" by Burl Ives.

And let's not forget the King of Rock & Roll..."Blue Christmas" by Elvis

Just to name a few...I like the 60's rendition of "The Little Drummer Boy" sung by that boys choir.

Happy Holidays to you Mama...and tell JBG that I know she's "been good" this year:) Wishing her as well a holiday as she can have and that cancer takes a nap for the holidays.

HO! HO! HO!

-Santa Craig
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    Mine is "Let it snow"...now
    Mine is "Let it snow"...now I even hear my 10 year old singing it :)

plh4gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    two songs
    Of my two favorites, one is also "O Holy Night". The other is "Breath of Heaven", which is probably not very well known, but is a beautiful Christmas song.

Thinking of Christmas songs takes me back to the school pagaent I was in in kindergarten- I was "Suzy Snowflake", lol. My mom still jokes about how she never knew how verses "Frosty the Snowman" had until the play I was in that year.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Lisa
  • MrsJP
    MrsJP Member Posts: 157
    "Jingle Bells"
    My 3 year old grandaughters version!!! She's so cute!

Happy Holidays Everybody!
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I always like "the little
    I always like "the little drummer boy" sung by a child. I don't know if that is the real name of the song, but I like the theme -every gift is precious no matter how small or simple.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    How..
    very dare you mention Christmas :p I'm teasing smile everyone :-)

Love, O holy night, the holly and the ivy, all I want for Christmas is you, and Slades classic. :-)
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    My favorite is "In the Bleak Midwinter"
    It's an old hymn but not widely heard today. My favorite version of "In the Bleak Midwinter" is sung by Pierce Pettis but there are a number of versions on YouTube.

In the Bleak Midwinter

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    mom_2_3 said:

My favorite is "In the Bleak Midwinter"
    It's an old hymn but not widely heard today. My favorite version of "In the Bleak Midwinter" is sung by Pierce Pettis but there are a number of versions on YouTube.

In the Bleak Midwinter

GRANDMA GOT RAN OVER BY A REINDEER......
    LOL........ ok..not my favorite...but funny! Gotta go with Craiger on Blue Christmas

Jennie
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Love all the Christmas
    Love all the Christmas classics we grew up singing in church---so much mystery and magic in them.
    One of my radio favorites is John Lennon's "So this is Christmas" aka War is Over because it makes me stop and think.
  • johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    tommycat said:

Love all the Christmas
    Love all the Christmas classics we grew up singing in church---so much mystery and magic in them.
    One of my radio favorites is John Lennon's "So this is Christmas" aka War is Over because it makes me stop and think.

just heard this
    one last year it is one of my favorites and usually sang around Christmas time it is" Mary Did You Know" great thread....Godbless....johnnybegood
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Songs
    I love them all!!! I love when they get stuck in my head and the words to them have to burst out of my mouth. I'll be singing in the store, the backyard, walking around school, it just doesn't matter when it comes to Christmas songs. LOL, that's just me, can't help it!!
    Winter Marie
  • mef123
    mef123 Member Posts: 45
    Favorite song
    I love "White Christmas". I also like the funny ones like "The 12 Pains of Christmas", just light and funny. But I love all Christmas songs.

Michele
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    mef123 said:

Favorite song
    I love "White Christmas". I also like the funny ones like "The 12 Pains of Christmas", just light and funny. But I love all Christmas songs.

Michele

fav
    me too I like em all

Let It snow is a fav

mags
  • th_in_canada
    th_in_canada Member Posts: 46
    lisa42 said:

two songs
    Of my two favorites, one is also "O Holy Night". The other is "Breath of Heaven", which is probably not very well known, but is a beautiful Christmas song.

Thinking of Christmas songs takes me back to the school pagaent I was in in kindergarten- I was "Suzy Snowflake", lol. My mom still jokes about how she never knew how verses "Frosty the Snowman" had until the play I was in that year.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

Lisa

songs
    Breath of Heaven is also one of my favourites. It's so beautiful.
    Merry Christmas.

Tricia
  • annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    Some good ideas here...
    I'm going to be adding some of these to my Itunes holiday playlist. Can't believe I forgot "The Holly and the Ivy"! One of my personal faves is the Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet of "Little Drummer Boy". I've read that when it was suggested to Bing that he do this duet, he wondered who the heck David Bowie was! Still, it's very beautiful.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Some good ideas here...
    I'm going to be adding some of these to my Itunes holiday playlist. Can't believe I forgot "The Holly and the Ivy"! One of my personal faves is the Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet of "Little Drummer Boy". I've read that when it was suggested to Bing that he do this duet, he wondered who the heck David Bowie was! Still, it's very beautiful.

Holly night. ( Noche de Paz)
    And, little Drummer boy ( el tamborilero) did you ever hear this one by the three tenors ( pavarotti , placido Domingo , Jose carreras)?
  • karen40
    karen40 Member Posts: 211 Member
    My Favorite
    Santa Clause is Coming to Town
    By: Bruce Springsteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLNytdIyfFg&feature=related
  • Phoebesnow
    Phoebesnow Member Posts: 600 Member
    pepebcn said:

Holly night. ( Noche de Paz)
    And, little Drummer boy ( el tamborilero) did you ever hear this one by the three tenors ( pavarotti , placido Domingo , Jose carreras)?

77 santas I counted yesterday thin ones, tall ones beards made
    Out of white and gray.

Each song, I went oh yeah that one,oh that one too. Made me feel good inside. Thanks.
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member

GRANDMA GOT RAN OVER BY A REINDEER......
    LOL........ ok..not my favorite...but funny! Gotta go with Craiger on Blue Christmas

Jennie

I vote yea!
    I agree Jennie...too cute.

I also like "Santa Baby"...still looking for my sable, convertible and that deed to a platinum mine!

Merry Christmas to all the guys and gals!

Marie who loves kitties
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    joy to the world
    we sang it at church this morning.

i forgot how much i love carols.

great post wolfen.

hugs,
    pete