Hair going fast :( Second chemo Monday!!!!

KitKatKat
KitKatKat Member Posts: 27
Hello to all you beautiful pinks,
Well it has started my hair is going. :(
It started falling out by the handfuls, so I cut off my pony tail on Monday.
Trying not to brush it to much,but when I took my shower last night OMG handful after handful in the shower. Guess the time is all most here to shave it all off.
I made a real cute hat out of eyelash yarn and I made it a tan color, it is really cute looks like hair..LOL
I have my second round of chemo on Monday sure hope I do better this round.
My blood count came up on Mondays blood test.Not sure how much the nurse just said I was good to go.
Hope every one is doing good. Hugs Kathy

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    well i guess that means its
    well i guess that means its working:) thr hat sounds cool.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    So sorry Kathy that your
    So sorry Kathy that your hair started falling out. Your hat sounds cute. I will bump up a post called Helpful Websites and it has lots of free hats and scarves you can get.

Praying that your next round goes easier for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jnl said:

So sorry Kathy that your
    So sorry Kathy that your hair started falling out. Your hat sounds cute. I will bump up a post called Helpful Websites and it has lots of free hats and scarves you can get.

Hugs, Leeza

I've been there .... and when it starts to fall out
    it -falls out.. Happy to see you have a great attitude in preparing for the occasion
    with a new hat. You will soon find out that there are so many great options for we
    Chemo Queens -- and you may even go hog wild purchasing/making hats in every color of
    the rainbow. Go for it, and enjoy.

Be cautious when going out into the sunshine, or heavy snow -- protect your scalp with sun screen and hats -- remember the back of your neck and ears. Shampoo and condition your scalp as well.

Leeza bumped up a post of helpful websites -- good luck, and happy shopping.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    jnl said:

So sorry Kathy that your

Hugs, Leeza

sorry ... keyboard stepped on by my tea cup yorkie ==== Peanut aka Emma
  • VickiSam
    jnl said:

So sorry Kathy that your

Hugs, Leeza

.... oops!
  • VickiSam
    jnl said:

So sorry Kathy that your

Hugs, Leeza

• tcat
    tcat Member Posts: 4
    jnl said:

So sorry Kathy that your

Hugs, Leeza

So sorry to hear that it's already starting
    Good luck to you Kathy. Your hat sounds very cute, and how great that you made it yourself.
    My 2nd round of TCH chemo is in two weeks so I'll be right behind ya - no hair loss yet but I'm sure that in a week or so... Have had lots of scalp tingling on & off too which I wasn't expecting.

Did Leeza send you the website that has lots of free hats and scarves? It sounds wonderful.

Good luck with your new look, Kathy! Enjoy you new hat and stay warm!
    Tcat
  • catowner
    catowner Member Posts: 50
    Hi Kathy
    My hair started falling out right after the 2nd treatment and started growing back after the fourth one. I will be having my 6th one on the 22nd so I can't figure out what's going on? I did shave it off when it started falling out so yes I was bald:) Mostly just the top in the front is growing. I hope you do better with your treatments, I know they can be a bugger. Your hat sounds awfully cute, I'm sure you will look great in it! Happy Holidays to you and yours, Debbie
  • KitKatKat
    KitKatKat Member Posts: 27
    jnl said:

So sorry Kathy that your

Hugs, Leeza

Thanks Leeza
    I would really love that web site.Thanks, Thanks for the prayer, Hugs Kathy
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    catowner said:

Hi Kathy
    My hair started falling out right after the 2nd treatment and started growing back after the fourth one. I will be having my 6th one on the 22nd so I can't figure out what's going on? I did shave it off when it started falling out so yes I was bald:) Mostly just the top in the front is growing. I hope you do better with your treatments, I know they can be a bugger. Your hat sounds awfully cute, I'm sure you will look great in it! Happy Holidays to you and yours, Debbie

Hair
    I'm sorry you have to go through this. I remember my hair coming out last December. It was tough to handle at first but once I had my head shaved I felt relieved & empowered. I actually sang outloud " nanny nanny boo boo cancer I'm kicking the crap out of you" lol.
    Your hat sounds adorable, so I say put it on & rock that eyelash hat :)

Hugs,

Dawne
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    KitKatKat said:

Thanks Leeza
    I would really love that web site.Thanks, Thanks for the prayer, Hugs Kathy

So sorry Kathy, but, you
    So sorry Kathy, but, you will look great in anything, hats, scarves or nothing!

Hugs,
    Jan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    catowner said:

Hi Kathy

Sending you a big hug Kathy!
    Sending you a big hug Kathy!
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Hi KitKat
    Sorry you are here, and going through this~I remember that I cried in the shower ~ I had shaved my head after the 1st chemo because the doc said it would start to fall out by the 2nd one..and I thought I was all prepared, wrong, I cried and cried, it was such a moment. I was glad that I was home alone, so I got all the crying out, ran out of hot water so I had to get out of the shower, brrrr, lol....anyways the crying was great, and it was more than just about the hair~anyways fast forward a year, and I have hair again, and no cancer~so it will happen for you too....and like someone else said, the chemo is working, killing those cancer cells...that is the best way to know it...glad you blood count came up, you will hear a lot about eating beets, to keep the blood count up...the other thing to be cautious of is cold germs, avoid people who are sick~your immune system is no longer working...my oncologist explained it this way, you have all the things you need but you have no workers to build the house....so there they sit...that too shall pass...but for now, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay away from sick people~your hair is beautiful in your profile, and will be once again~cry if you must~and then get busy resting and healing and before you know it, your year in hell will be over and you will be where I am saying this to someone else who needs to hear it...love and hugs to you my dear~all will be well~Sinee
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Hi KitKat
    Sorry you are here, and going through this~I remember that I cried in the shower ~ I had shaved my head after the 1st chemo because the doc said it would start to fall out by the 2nd one..and I thought I was all prepared, wrong, I cried and cried, it was such a moment. I was glad that I was home alone, so I got all the crying out, ran out of hot water so I had to get out of the shower, brrrr, lol....anyways the crying was great, and it was more than just about the hair~anyways fast forward a year, and I have hair again, and no cancer~so it will happen for you too....and like someone else said, the chemo is working, killing those cancer cells...that is the best way to know it...glad you blood count came up, you will hear a lot about eating beets, to keep the blood count up...the other thing to be cautious of is cold germs, avoid people who are sick~your immune system is no longer working...my oncologist explained it this way, you have all the things you need but you have no workers to build the house....so there they sit...that too shall pass...but for now, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay away from sick people~your hair is beautiful in your profile, and will be once again~cry if you must~and then get busy resting and healing and before you know it, your year in hell will be over and you will be where I am saying this to someone else who needs to hear it...love and hugs to you my dear~all will be well~Sinee
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    sinee said:

Hi KitKat

I hated that day my hair
    I hated that day my hair came out. You can't save it. I had my son shave my head then I cryed like a baby. I thought it was never going to come back, but it did. Just do what you have to do. Stay positive and its all doable. Hugs
    Kathy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    sinee said:

Hi KitKat

Hoping you get along better
    Hoping you get along better with your 2nd round Kathy.

Sue :)
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Kat11 said:

I hated that day my hair
    I hated that day my hair came out. You can't save it. I had my son shave my head then I cryed like a baby. I thought it was never going to come back, but it did. Just do what you have to do. Stay positive and its all doable. Hugs
    Kathy

Love your Attitude~!
    I think we all remember the day we lost our hair. Your hat sounds really cute. My hair is growing back, but not enough to feel comfortable without my hats. Of course, mine are store bought, don't have your talent......LOL.... Love your positive attitude.

Hugs,Debi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    sinee said:

Hi KitKat

I'm sorry Kathy. I hope and
    I'm sorry Kathy. I hope and pray that chemo will go easier on you.

♥ Kristin ♥