MOre then once (Radiation) same part of body

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I was told you can only have body part radiated ONE time..what happens if comes back and can't do radiation?

Denise

Comments

• butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Yup... you are correct. If
    Yup... you are correct. If it reoccurs in the same spot you need alternative treatment. But if it's out of the previous treatment field then you should be good to go.

Lorrie
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Yup... you are correct. If it reoccurs in the same spot you need alternative treatment. But if it's out of the previous treatment field then you should be good to go.

Lorrie

Just had it...
    I had rads for a second time this past August/Sept....my bc back in my lymph nodes but part of my breast that was previously radiated was again radiated ...the area was over lapped for the first two weeks.... 10 of the 25 rads...it's risky as my radiation oncologist explained because it can cause neuropathy, nerve damage, and it did in my case but Gabapentin has allowed me to be pain free....

Hugs,Nancy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Lorrie

My rads oncologist said that
    My rads oncologist said that if I got bc again, that he could do radiation again. I am not for sure though, that you can have it 3 times.