ALL started

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
Just realized next month (JAN 2008) is when all my BC adventure started! Sometimes it seems like yesterday and other days so long ago..

Denise

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    me too
    I had my lumpectomy on January 21, 2009 ... and then chemo and radiation ... and like you ... sometimes it seems like a million years ago ... sometimes it seems like yesterday ... then other times ... I still find it hard to believe it ever happened.

It's been an adventure that I never thought I'd have to take ... but it's also showed me that I'm much stronger than I ever thought I could be.

Happy Holidays ... and hugs,
    Teena
  • disneyfan2008
    tgf said:

me too
    I had my lumpectomy on January 21, 2009 ... and then chemo and radiation ... and like you ... sometimes it seems like a million years ago ... sometimes it seems like yesterday ... then other times ... I still find it hard to believe it ever happened.

It's been an adventure that I never thought I'd have to take ... but it's also showed me that I'm much stronger than I ever thought I could be.

Happy Holidays ... and hugs,
    Teena

Mammo Jan 08, surgery March,
    Mammo Jan 08, surgery March, radiation May last day (date I really remember) June 28,08!

Merry Christmas-Happy HOlidays..to you too

Denise
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

Mammo Jan 08, surgery March,
    Mammo Jan 08, surgery March, radiation May last day (date I really remember) June 28,08!

Merry Christmas-Happy HOlidays..to you too

Denise

Someone's end is another's reintroduction to that world again!
    Hi Denise,

You were ending in June 2008 and I was beginning my 4th adventure with breast cancer. A ct scan, PET and VATS told me the bad news I began a hormonal therapy and by March 2009, it failed then I began another hormonal which lasted 2 years more or less. A vacation from the drug and in the 5th month, I knew it was back once again. Soon I will try the same drug to see if the theory works. With most women take something call Estradiol and a lot don't have success with it. I didn't take the hormonal and used my own estrogen. I am hoping that will make a big difference in response. Time will tell.

I do hope you remain cancer free the rest of your days. Enjoy the holidays.

Best,

Doris
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    First time around Jan 2002
    Seems like not so long ago sometimes, other times like a life time. Amazing how so much is measured as before bc and after.
    Carol
  • disneyfan2008
    SIROD said:

Hi Denise,

You were ending in June 2008 and I was beginning my 4th adventure with breast cancer. A ct scan, PET and VATS told me the bad news I began a hormonal therapy and by March 2009, it failed then I began another hormonal which lasted 2 years more or less. A vacation from the drug and in the 5th month, I knew it was back once again. Soon I will try the same drug to see if the theory works. With most women take something call Estradiol and a lot don't have success with it. I didn't take the hormonal and used my own estrogen. I am hoping that will make a big difference in response. Time will tell.

Best,

Doris

@Doris...sorry you have gone
    @Doris...sorry you have gone through so much...

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    camul said:

First time around Jan 2002
    Seems like not so long ago sometimes, other times like a life time. Amazing how so much is measured as before bc and after.
    Carol

Carol:
    My email:

Carol:

My email: disneyfan2008 2008 when it started and ended per say..I treated myself to first adult Disney trip with long time friend...at the end of treatments...so where I got my email address...

Denise
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    SIROD said:

Hi Denise,

Best,

Doris

Praying for you Doris!
    Praying for you Doris!