I want to help!

hoop77
hoop77 Member Posts: 84
I haven't been on this sight for quite awhile and feel very guilty. I was diagnosed April 2010 with invasive lobular, had a double mastectomy May 5th with immediate reconstruction with tissue expanders. Exchange surgery was in August 2010 and I haven't looked back. I feel so fortunate to have survived this dreadful disease and would love to talk to anyone out there who is terrified, confused, or just needs a friend. Fortunately, due to my radical surgery choice, I didn't need chemo or radiation so I can't really counsel on those issues, but I certainly went through the heartache and terror that you are all undergoing. If anyone needs someone to talk to please call me at 469-667-9234. My name is Laura and I live in McKinney, TX. I'm 53, married with 2 almost grown children so I am usually free to talk at any time. My heart goes out to all of you and may God bless us all.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Hoop77 .. Thank you for playing it forward ...
    there will be a time and a place for your knowledge -- don't give up on us, or our board.

Survivor's United...

Vicki Sam
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    VickiSam said:

Hoop77 .. Thank you for playing it forward ...
    there will be a time and a place for your knowledge -- don't give up on us, or our board.

Survivor's United...

Vicki Sam

Good job....
    And like all of us, we want to help " newbies"...BUT....YOU SHOULD REMOVE YOUR REAL NAME, AND PHONE NUMBER...sad, but true, there's a lot of nuts out there and ANYONE can read these posts without being a member! Best for you to have women on this board with concerns to send you a private message....I have given my name, number and address to several women on this board...but this has been after "knowing" them on this board for several years...even spoken on the phone....Sadly, we have seen more than a few "fakes" on this board....

I know you want to help, as we all do, BUT you need to protect yourself and your privacy....Your personal info is now in cyberspace....
    Best to you...
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    VERY nice of you...
    Denise

VERY nice of you...

Denise