chest pain

hi..why i having pain exactly behind of my chest..even i breath also cause pain..is it because i smoke few sticks cigarrete or is it common pain..its killing me and i cant breath deeply..hodgskin lymphoma stage 2b and after 3 cycles..

Comments

• vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    breathing
    Not to be a alarmist, but make sure you tell your Oncologist what you are feeling. I had similar symptoms and they sent me to the hospital for tests, turned out to be nothing, but the chemo is a very harsh drug, that can cause all kinds of problems...... Vinny
  • jimwins
    jimwins Member Posts: 2,107
    Agree with Vinny
    Another question: Were you given neulasta shot or similar to bring your
    blood counts back? There can be period of bone aches after that for a few
    days. For me it was mostly a pulsating pain from my lower back to my sternum
    (chest).

I agree with Vinny, do get it checked out by your medical team to be
    on the safe side.

Hugs and positive thoughts,

Jim
    DX: DLBL 4/2011, Chemo completed 10/2011, currently in remission.
    Members are sharing recipes!
    ♥ Recipe Sharing Project
  • anliperez915
    anliperez915 Member Posts: 770
    Hi Sumann
    Hi Sumann,
    I've been having some pains like you these past days. I went Christmas shopping on Sat. and had to cut it short because I started having back pain and when I got home I had pain on my chest. It would hurt every time I would take a breath, I took some Tylenol but the pain lasted till yesterday. I don't smoke now but I used to...the only positive thing is that I just had a CT scan and will go see my Dr. next week. I'm on the watchful waiting, FNHL stage IV in my spleen. Take care of yourself

Sincerely,
    Liz
  • sumann
    sumann Member Posts: 13

Hi Sumann
    Hi Sumann,
    I've been having some pains like you these past days. I went Christmas shopping on Sat. and had to cut it short because I started having back pain and when I got home I had pain on my chest. It would hurt every time I would take a breath, I took some Tylenol but the pain lasted till yesterday. I don't smoke now but I used to...the only positive thing is that I just had a CT scan and will go see my Dr. next week. I'm on the watchful waiting, FNHL stage IV in my spleen. Take care of yourself

Sincerely,
    Liz

thanks everyone
    Thanks alot for your advices and opinions..i juz had abvd yesterday, since i complain to doctor that i have chest pain, they do some test like ecg and xray..all seems normal..bt after the chemo the pain totally gone..i realli dun have idea how its gone..
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    sumann said:

thanks everyone
    Thanks alot for your advices and opinions..i juz had abvd yesterday, since i complain to doctor that i have chest pain, they do some test like ecg and xray..all seems normal..bt after the chemo the pain totally gone..i realli dun have idea how its gone..

Chest pain
    Sumann,
    I agree with all the others about the chest pain. it is nothing to ignore. Chemo can cause a lot of side effects. You name it and chemo can probably be connected to it. Then again,chemo or not chest pain anytime is something not to just ignore,but to have checked as soon as possible. John