Day 1 Radiation

MellieMc
MellieMc Member Posts: 35
Hey Rosas,

I had my 1 of 40 today. I really didn't feel anything. Afterwards I felt a little light headed for a little while. Nerves I'm sure were a part of it.

I hope it all goes as easy as today.

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Glad to hear it was
    easy for you. I am sure the light headedness was just from nerves. Now that you know how it goes you will not have anything to be worrying about. You will be done before you know it!

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I used to feel a little
    I used to feel a little lightheaded/headachey after rads...the old drink a lot of water seemed to help. Of course you need it anyway. I hope they all go easy for you.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    I bet it was your nerves
    I bet it was your nerves that made you feel light headed. The first one is scary because you have no idea what to expect. Start using your creams, if your rads oncologist gave you some, and, be gentle with the radiated area.

Good luck with the rest of your rads!

Hugs, Kylez
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I was lucky enough to not
    I was lucky enough to not have ANY side effects...I hope you can follow in my footsteps...

Denise..
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

I was lucky enough to not
    I was lucky enough to not have ANY side effects...I hope you can follow in my footsteps...

Denise..

I hope rads go easy for you
    I hope rads go easy for you too. Get lots of rest as rads will wear you down. I know you don't think so maybe now, but, in a few weeks you will be tired.

Good luck,

Jan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

I hope rads go easy for you
    I hope rads go easy for you too. Get lots of rest as rads will wear you down. I know you don't think so maybe now, but, in a few weeks you will be tired.

Good luck,

Jan

You'll be fine! Nerves can
    You'll be fine! Nerves can do crazy things to us.

Best of luck!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    ladyg said:

Glad to hear it was
    easy for you. I am sure the light headedness was just from nerves. Now that you know how it goes you will not have anything to be worrying about. You will be done before you know it!

Hugs,
    Georgia

I know how nervous I was
    I know how nervous I was when I started rads. I felt sick at my stomach, but, after I got the first one done and knew how it was going to go, it didn't happen again.

Good luck and soon we will be celebrating your graduation,

Leeza
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    rads started
    Glad to hear that your first treatment went OK. Just as the other posters said--rest up--fatigue is a major side effect. Last Fri. the rads techs had their annual Christmas open house & it was great to see them again. They commented that they thought I looked tired at end of rads 2 1/2 yrs ago. The open house goes on all day & their current patients can see survivors & it gives them hope that they, too, can get through it.

Good luck--be sure to follow doc/nurse/tech instructions!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Tux said:

rads started
    Glad to hear that your first treatment went OK. Just as the other posters said--rest up--fatigue is a major side effect. Last Fri. the rads techs had their annual Christmas open house & it was great to see them again. They commented that they thought I looked tired at end of rads 2 1/2 yrs ago. The open house goes on all day & their current patients can see survivors & it gives them hope that they, too, can get through it.

Good luck--be sure to follow doc/nurse/tech instructions!

The first one is done, so,
    The first one is done, so, the rest will be fine for you. You won't notice anything probably for a few weeks, but in the meantime, use your creams, rest and take care of yourself. Good luck!
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    It really goes fast
    Good luck with your radiation treatment. I too was scared until my first visit was over and I knew what to expect. The time flies by.

Six more treatments to go for me ---- than I'll be a "rad grad".

As others have said, use your cream religiously. I have an aloe plant at home and I cut a piece off of it, put it in the refrigerator (to get cool) and when I get home from radiation, I cut the piece open and put the juice all over my radiation spot. I feel this has helped me along with my creams. My doctor feels this has helped me too.

Good luck. Soon we'll both be rad grads!

Betsy