Soreness and Pain in the breast

Hi I am new to the Network, I will a 1 year survivor on December 29th, I had a lumpdectomy in the right breast for ductal carcinoma, and 2 lymnodes were removed, but it did not spead.Stage 1. also have HERS 2, and still getting herceptin, I will be done on January 10th. But lately I have been having pain in my breast that I had the lumpdectomy, and soreness underneath the arm. Bearly can lift it up, on my last checkup on Dec 2nd, doctor, did not feel anything, said maybe scar tissue, anyone else have this problem.

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Could be...
    Could be Neuropathy...which is nerve pain, caused by nerves being cut during the lumpectomy and are trying to regenerate themselves...or nerve damage...this is more common than reported...nerve damage....there's a medication called Gabapentin that REALLY can help that...I'm on it and it's changed my life...pain free most days..the swelling could be lymphedema...fluid retention...from having two lymph nodes removed...if it were me, I'd really press your oncologist on this...there's no reason to have this pain and discomfort! Don't be intimidated by your doctors...keep pressing for answers! Don't let them blow you off...tell them you want answers...or even try your primary care physician...

Glad you found this site but hate the reason...
    Let us know how you're doing..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Marketing20107
    Marketing20107 Member Posts: 15
    MAJW said:

Could be...
    Could be Neuropathy...which is nerve pain, caused by nerves being cut during the lumpectomy and are trying to regenerate themselves...or nerve damage...this is more common than reported...nerve damage....there's a medication called Gabapentin that REALLY can help that...I'm on it and it's changed my life...pain free most days..the swelling could be lymphedema...fluid retention...from having two lymph nodes removed...if it were me, I'd really press your oncologist on this...there's no reason to have this pain and discomfort! Don't be intimidated by your doctors...keep pressing for answers! Don't let them blow you off...tell them you want answers...or even try your primary care physician...

Glad you found this site but hate the reason...
    Let us know how you're doing..
    Hugs, Nancy

Soreness and pain in the breast
    Thank you very much Nancy, I will talked with my oncologist again on the 20th, I will keep telling them what is going on. I feel much better than I did yesterday, I had my boyfriend massage the area, and seem to help, and I put ice on it also. Thanks again, I will let you know what's going and what the doctor said, and by the way my name is Francene. Have a wonderful day.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi and welcome! -- A couple
    Hi and welcome! -- A couple of us are now suffering with similar issues, but breast is also swollen and red. I was told I had cellulites at first, was put on antibiotics for 5 weeks. Nothing. Then I was told I had edema/localized lemphedema. I will follow up with Dr. again about this as I am also concerned. It hurts, it feels heavy, its warm to the touch and swollen – similar symptoms?

I want to wish you well on everything. May you recover smoothly from treatments. And please check with Dr. about everything.
  • Marketing20107
    Marketing20107 Member Posts: 15

Hi and welcome! -- A couple
    Hi and welcome! -- A couple of us are now suffering with similar issues, but breast is also swollen and red. I was told I had cellulites at first, was put on antibiotics for 5 weeks. Nothing. Then I was told I had edema/localized lemphedema. I will follow up with Dr. again about this as I am also concerned. It hurts, it feels heavy, its warm to the touch and swollen – similar symptoms?

I want to wish you well on everything. May you recover smoothly from treatments. And please check with Dr. about everything.

Soreness and Pain in the breast
    Thanks, I really appreciate it, I will follow up on it on the 20th, I am sure everything will be fine. I will let you all know...