OT- Hubby just asked how to make mashed potatoes

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
And I'm silently chuckling to myself - how can you not be able to tell when the potato is done? Now, I'm sure we'll be having mashed potatoes on a regular basis - he's retired, you know!

Tee hee,

Sue

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    At least he asked....
    If not you never know what you may have ended up with!

Cindy
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    mamolady said:

At least he asked....

Cindy

hee hee
    Sue Happy Belated Birthday! How do you tell when the potatoes are done ? And if they are lumpy do we have to eat them?
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Hope you like mashed potatoes
    I love them. My hubby is the master chicken fryer of our family, unfortunately I clean up after him. But it is sooooo good. My FIL, may he rest in peace, asked my MIL after 50 some years of marriage when they were both in their 80s how to use the sponge mop - does the water go on the mop or the floor? I guess we each play our own role.

Jennifer
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Funny ! Funny! Been there
    Funny ! Funny! Been there and now it is getting better. Mine has been retired a few years now and we are getting used to being home together more often. I had to learn to let him just do it. But.... wouldn't give him away for anything. It has been 46 years and don't want to train a new one.

Merry Christmas to All...... Diana
  • MellieMc
    MellieMc Member Posts: 35
    awsome!
    That's too funny.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    MellieMc said:

awsome!
    That's too funny.

Gagee I understand
    Gagee I understand not wanting to train a new one.My husband and I have been married for 43 years. Things now are at there best.He is getting ready to retire and we hope to have time to travel and camp. Oh and he makes the mashed potatos.Mine turn out lumpy but not his.Problem is like someone else said "I clean up after him BUT when I cook he doesn't clean up after me". That's why he can whip up a meal in no time.AND he wonders why it takes me longer????

Lynn Smith
  • MellieMc
    MellieMc Member Posts: 35
    Chicken Broth
    Hey if he boils them in broth you don't have to add salt. It gives the tators good flavor. Very easy too.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    MellieMc said:

Chicken Broth
    Hey if he boils them in broth you don't have to add salt. It gives the tators good flavor. Very easy too.

This mace me smile.
    It would be great if he took up cooking!
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    I've been on a mashed potato
    I've been on a mashed potato kick lately... thanks to the 1.99 package in the Wegmans cooler. I prefer thick, lumpy potatoes and the Wegs ones are pretty thick. (and half the price of the Bob Evans). I am the only one at home who eats them, so I don't make 'scratch' unless we have company. I like to dump a can of corn on top (weird, I know..and creamed corn is even better).
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I was running out to meet
    I was running out to meet friends-our grandsons live with us (MOM TOO) she works evenings so I do nightly dinner, homework etc..anyhow I said to my hubby can you handle Mac and Cheese..I put pot on stove...first time ever he made M & C...I assume it came out ok..boys didnt' complain

Denise

SO I TOTALLY understand your hubby!

MINE thinks scrambled eggs are fry and when almost done stir in pan..with fork..
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I was running out to meet
    I was running out to meet friends-our grandsons live with us (MOM TOO) she works evenings so I do nightly dinner, homework etc..anyhow I said to my hubby can you handle Mac and Cheese..I put pot on stove...first time ever he made M & C...I assume it came out ok..boys didnt' complain

Denise

SO I TOTALLY understand your hubby!

MINE thinks scrambled eggs are fry and when almost done stir in pan..with fork..

I so adore this posting ..... :)
    my dear husband is NOT a cook --- he asked me several months ago 'How to make' a baked potato, SERIOUSLY! .. my response, microwave or oven?

My husband is the taco night cook, otherwise I do all the cooking. Pete is now in training as my sous chef.

Vicki Sam
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Smusch them!
    You're kidding? All my men are good to better cooks. Daddy didn't like to when I was liittle but in Mom's last days he really got big time into cooking to try to make something that might temp her to eat (she was Aneorrtic). Some things Hubby has always liked to cook but the older he gets the more he cooks. He loves watching cooking shows. Both Sons are good cooks.
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    VickiSam said:

I so adore this posting ..... :)
    my dear husband is NOT a cook --- he asked me several months ago 'How to make' a baked potato, SERIOUSLY! .. my response, microwave or oven?

My husband is the taco night cook, otherwise I do all the cooking. Pete is now in training as my sous chef.

Vicki Sam

Hubby does fairly well, but not so hot on the clean up.
    I had to laugh about all the potato comments. A number of years ago I was on teh board of a nursing home and we had a confused discussion when we discovered that the residents liked lumpy mashed potatoes. ? ? ? ? ? If they were lumpy they figured they were real, not instant. LOL
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    skipper54 said:

Hubby does fairly well, but not so hot on the clean up.
    I had to laugh about all the potato comments. A number of years ago I was on teh board of a nursing home and we had a confused discussion when we discovered that the residents liked lumpy mashed potatoes. ? ? ? ? ? If they were lumpy they figured they were real, not instant. LOL

Husbands cooking
    My husband and I like different things. Actually, I like everything, but I try to eat a more healthy diet - something he refuses to do (long story). Over the past few years he has learned how to cook the things he likes (things like fried chicken, chicken friend steak, you know good grease). Sometimes I do cook what I fondly refer to as "Don food" for both of us. The thing is, he now thinks he's a ----ing expert and will TELL me how to to do it! To the point where I'm ready to kill him.

And that's what you get when you've married forever - which overall is a good thing.

Suzanne
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    mamolady said:

At least he asked....

Cindy

LOL! Looks like mashed
    LOL! Looks like mashed potatoes will be on your menu a lot!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    mamolady said:

At least he asked....

Cindy

LOL! Looks like mashed
    LOL! Looks like mashed potatoes will be on your menu a lot!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    JuJuBeez said:

I've been on a mashed potato
    I've been on a mashed potato kick lately... thanks to the 1.99 package in the Wegmans cooler. I prefer thick, lumpy potatoes and the Wegs ones are pretty thick. (and half the price of the Bob Evans). I am the only one at home who eats them, so I don't make 'scratch' unless we have company. I like to dump a can of corn on top (weird, I know..and creamed corn is even better).

Thanks for the laugh! My
    Thanks for the laugh! My hubby cooks some, but, since I love to cook and have the time, I try to keep him away from open flames and boiling water. lol

Lex