Now it's pneunomia, chemo halted

Has anyone had their chemo halted for pneunomia? I've just finished 8 weeks and i's been rocky from the start, then I couldn't breathe, then I was hospitalized this week. They did biopsies and they turned out neg for more cancer spreading to thelung. Thank God. The only positive report that's coming back is pneunomia. They put me on oxygen. Great. Now I'm walking around the house in my nightgown trailing an oxygen tank... fighting on,

They gave me antibotics (Azithromycin). Anyone take these? You take them for 5 days but they caused severe cramping and diarrhea. I have to stop. Now I'm worried the lung infection won't go away and I won't get back on chemo and that will be the end of that. OK, but that's where I go....

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Not had this...
    But am praying that the antibiotics do their magic. Hugs!

Roseann
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    So sorry...
    Hate that pneumonia has been added to your plate..does your physician know that you stopped the antibiotic???? The 5 day regime is like a dose pack....stronger but taken on average 5 days less than "the old way" ....please notify your physician that you've stopped the antibiotic if you haven't done so....by only taking the partial dose, you could be doing more harm...

Wishing you better days....let us know
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    MAJW said:

So sorry...
    Hate that pneumonia has been added to your plate..does your physician know that you stopped the antibiotic???? The 5 day regime is like a dose pack....stronger but taken on average 5 days less than "the old way" ....please notify your physician that you've stopped the antibiotic if you haven't done so....by only taking the partial dose, you could be doing more harm...

Wishing you better days....let us know

My daughter had that side
    My daughter had that side effect with zithromax for strep. she had to struggle through it as she allergic to penicillin. Ask you doctor for an alternative. or something to combat the nausea and diahrea. this will get better promise!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    roseann4 said:

Not had this...
    But am praying that the antibiotics do their magic. Hugs!

Roseann

Hoping and praying the
    Hoping and praying the antibiotics work!

Hugs, Megan
  • ldpettit
    ldpettit Member Posts: 128
    meds
    Don't give up on your meds... Make sure you stay hydrated... this is a MUST! I pray you get through this bump and get back to your chemo quickly... your body needs this time to recover before you can press ahead.
  • ldpettit
    meds
    Don't give up on your meds... Make sure you stay hydrated... this is a MUST! I pray you get through this bump and get back to your chemo quickly... your body needs this time to recover before you can press ahead.
  • ldpettit
    meds
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    ldpettit said:

meds

Praying your pneumonia will
    Praying your pneumonia will clear up and you get back on chemo.

Hugs, Jan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    ldpettit said:

meds

I hope the pneumonia clears
    I hope the pneumonia clears up and you can start taking chemo again. Be sure and post to update us how you're doing.

Hugs, Kylez
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    ldpettit said:

meds

Please continue taking the
    Please continue taking the antibiotics. You need them to help with the pneumonia. Call your doctor and tell him the side effects and I know he can help you with something for them.

Big hugs,

Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    DianeBC said:

Please continue taking the
    Please continue taking the antibiotics. You need them to help with the pneumonia. Call your doctor and tell him the side effects and I know he can help you with something for them.

Big hugs,

Diane

I am so sorry that they
    I am so sorry that they stopped your chemo. Praying your pneumonia will clear up and you get back on your chemo regimen. Can you post to update us?
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorrr you are going
    so sorrr you are going through this..

Denise