Results

I went to my biopsy followup yesterday - alone - and got the news that the microcalcification did not contain any cancer. This morning as my girls got ready for school and work, I showed them the biopsy site and told them everything that had happened since Nov. 8th - when the first mammogram showed "something". We cried and hugged.

I wanted to post this yesterday right after I got home, but then I felt guilty posting this good news with so many of you suffering.

This morning I decided to say a few words of encouragement to you all and tell you what I learned from all this. I learned that I have been focusing on so many meaningless things in my life. I learned that when all is said and done there is no one except for my God and me. The earth will continue to spin, the sun will rise every morning, the ocean will continue to be filled by rivers, people in my life will continue to live their lives with or without me, and my life is temporary like the dew on the grass in the morning drying up as soon as the sun rises.

Even though the result came back negative - for now and for this one - I ask God to help me continue to live my life as though the end was in sight. I want to cultivate my relationship with God and live for Him only - loving Him with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind, and loving my neighbor. I want to let go of all the meaningless and petty things in my life.

I learned that my faith was tested and was proven genuine. Even though I was scared, anxious, worried, and all the emotions a human could possibly feel, I heard my heavenly Fasther say to me, "It's okay...just run to me with your cuts and bruises. I'm here for you. I'll hold you up. I'll keep you strong to the end."

I will remember all of you and your loved ones in my prayer this morning at my Ladies' Bible Study. Just hang in there. This isn't the end. God has something better for all of us who believe in His Son, Jesus. I wish I could embrace all of you.

Thank you, dear God!

Comments

• Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    The best news we could have
    The best news we could have read! So happy for you! We all learn a lot thru this journey, don't we.

God bless you,

Kylez
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Happy For You!
    I think you got to take a brief walk in our shoes and see the world through our eyes. We are ecstatic that you got to take the shoes off but if you ever need to put them back on, we will be here for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    jamiegww said:

Happy For You!
    I think you got to take a brief walk in our shoes and see the world through our eyes. We are ecstatic that you got to take the shoes off but if you ever need to put them back on, we will be here for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

That is wonderful news...

Even though this journey has been tough at times I do believe God has a plan for me. Thank you for sharing your story

Take Care & God Bless
    Eva
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    epark said:

Even though this journey has been tough at times I do believe God has a plan for me. Thank you for sharing your story

Take Care & God Bless
    Eva

Amen...
    Amen!

Hugs, Nancy
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Wonderful news.
    I am so glad for you.Thank God.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Wonderful news.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    epark said:

Take Care & God Bless
    Eva

Fantastic news!
    Fantastic news!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    ppurdin said:

Wonderful news.

:)
    This truly is wonderful news! I am smiling from ear to ear for you!

Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    ppurdin said:

Wonderful news.

Yes, Thank God! I am so
    Yes, Thank God! I am so happy that you got this news!
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Glad for you
    Isn't it amazing what things can bring about a re evaluation of our lives.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

Glad for you
    Isn't it amazing what things can bring about a re evaluation of our lives.

I hope you are celebrating
    I hope you are celebrating this weekend!