picking up that puppy

Forgot to mention that David received a letter a few days ago from our NO saying that he thought a puppy would help David deal with the "distress and and discomfort" of chemo. It couldn't have been a better letter if I had personally dictated it myself. David has no idea what went into getting that letter. No point in telling him. It would only distress him.

So if everything goes according to our plans, we will be picking up David's puppy on Wednesday. I am really hoping that this puppy will give David some positive focus in his life. He's been so very quiet and withdrawn lately. But he's excited about getting this puppy!

I'll post pictures in my Expressions section as soon as we get our hands on that puppy!

Love and blessings,
Cindy in Salem, OR

Comments

• PBJ Austin
    PBJ Austin Member Posts: 347 Member
    What a wonderful idea!!
    Puppies brighten every home, congrats on the new addition to your family.
  • alutiiqmom
    alutiiqmom Member Posts: 256
    very happy for you
    Hi Cindy:

I am very happy for you and David. Enjoy the moments. Sending good thoughts and prayers from Alaska. God Bless you!
    Edna
  • sadinholland
    sadinholland Member Posts: 248

very happy for you
    Hi Cindy:

I am very happy for you and David. Enjoy the moments. Sending good thoughts and prayers from Alaska. God Bless you!
    Edna

Wonderful news Cindy! I hope
    Wonderful news Cindy! I hope the new puppy brings David much joy and happiness. It will give him something else to concentrate on besides his illness.
  • sadinholland
    sadinholland Member Posts: 248

very happy for you
    Hi Cindy:

Edna

Wonderful news Cindy!
    I am so happy for David!