Cleaning products

Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
We talk about our diets, sleep and stress but I wonder if most of you have changed to environmentally safe cleaning products.My friend did that as soon as she was dx 16 years ago.I told her about a Geen Works which I use alot.She used it for a time but went back to plain water with a steam cleaner for her tile. I really like Pine Sol Lemon Fresh but wonder about it. Have any of you talked about this with your doctors or just changed what you use.Or do some of you feel it doesn't matter.Two things I won't use are bleach and ammoonia. Those are def a worry for the lungs.Way to powerful.

I don't know what to do.My cancer was non invasive but I think and worry about other places I can get cancer.Especially lungs.My husband smokes and it is upsetting to me.With winter approaching he hates going outside and hard for him to go up and down the stairs when he wants to smoke.That is really what worries me. Don't want to be around any smoke but esp cigarette smoke.

Lynn Smith

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sorry about being around the
    sorry about being around the smoke...

My daughter works for "ALL Natural Cleaning" they dont' use any chemicals..

Denise
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi Lynn- You're right to
    Hi Lynn- You're right to worry about cleaning products as well. I try to stay ammonia-free at all times as well as non-clorox products, or any other strong related chemical. I know it's hard when you're trying to kill germs, but I'm sure there are products that are safer to use. I also started to use gloves and always leave the windows open when I clean, even if it's "safe".

I really HATE smoke, sorry your husband does. I can't stand it! And you are so right to worry about that too. Please try to have him go outside if he wants to smoke. In my opinion, we can't be exposed to that! It's unhealthy. Just last night I smelled smoke coming unto my apt. and I was angry. I think my neighbors are smoking (when it's illegal to do here) so I will contact the management office (I live in a building) to address this.

I think environment can have an effect on our health just as diet, stress and sleep do. Just I agree we should try to be as safe as possible all-around.

Take care.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Hi Lynn- You're right to
    Hi Lynn- You're right to worry about cleaning products as well. I try to stay ammonia-free at all times as well as non-clorox products, or any other strong related chemical. I know it's hard when you're trying to kill germs, but I'm sure there are products that are safer to use. I also started to use gloves and always leave the windows open when I clean, even if it's "safe".

I really HATE smoke, sorry your husband does. I can't stand it! And you are so right to worry about that too. Please try to have him go outside if he wants to smoke. In my opinion, we can't be exposed to that! It's unhealthy. Just last night I smelled smoke coming unto my apt. and I was angry. I think my neighbors are smoking (when it's illegal to do here) so I will contact the management office (I live in a building) to address this.

I think environment can have an effect on our health just as diet, stress and sleep do. Just I agree we should try to be as safe as possible all-around.

Take care.

I use
    I use Green works alot. A easy clean up with a dog and cats.I never thought about gloves. For the smoke I did talk to my doctor.When we are out he smokes outside the car BUT when he gets in the car I smell it on his clothes.The doctor told me that isn't like breathing the smoke.Just the smell. My husband's plans to retire in April. Going to be a tough one.

Love Baby Jesus.I agree about smoke coming inside.We burn our paper but it goes out towards the cornfield.I once in awhile smell our neighbors fireplace esp during a rain. I was at Taco Bell.A worker was smoking outside but the problem was she was smoking at the front door where people walk in.I didn't complain but feel she should be by the dumpster in the back of the business.

My niece is a survivor.She and her husband both smoke.They go outside when we get together. They believe in doing that for others.

Lynn Smith
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    It really doesn't bother me
    It really doesn't bother me what I use for cleaning. I use whatever I like but stay away from the ones that aggravate my asthma and when I do need to use stronger cleaners, I open windows.

My partner smokes and I have asthma. So he started smoking outside when I was there, but in the house when I wasn't there. I noticed that I could tell whatever room he smoked in. So eventually he quit smoking in the house all together. He doesn't particularly like smoking outside, especially in the rain and winter, but he does it for me. We have a detached garage and in the winter, he uses a propane heater, sits on a lawn chair, listens to the radio. He upgraded his garage man cave to have walls built by tarp this year!!

Hope your husbands quits smoking or goes outside for you.
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Smokers
    When my smokers were sick I would tell them to use the back porch, and have the outside window open. We seldom used that entrance and it was a good place for them. Nobody wanted to hang out in there either as there was just a set of steps to the outdoors and no extra room for company. It worked quite well.