Out of hospital

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Hi Laurissa~
    So good to see your post this morning. I know I am not alone in thinking of you and praying for you~ so many have been!! My sister was so helpful during my treatments and surgeries, she was an angel~how wonderful the support you have during this time, it certainly allows us to get that rest we need as we go through our treatments. I will hope for little to no side effects as well, and hope you are able to fully enjoy the holidays, sit back and allow others to serve you (it ministers to them, to be of assistance).
    Blessings~ Melanie

Adding my prayers and
    Adding my prayers and welcome home wishes! It is so great that your sister is close and can help you Laurissa. I hope you don't have side effects from your treatment and that your scan will have good results. Keep posting!

Hugs, Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    grams2jc said:

Sorry it has been so rough
    Glad you are out of the hospital, hoping the new meds work wonderfully well with minimal side efffects.

Good luck, keep us posted when you can.

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers,

Jennife

Praying that this new
    Praying that this new treatment will work for you and that you will get some much needed answers about your lymph nodes. I'm so glad you are home now. How is your husband doing Laurissa? I think of you two so often.

Hugs, Diane
  • cowgirl123
    cowgirl123 Member Posts: 2
    I'm starting Abraxane too
    Hi, I wish you all the best. I just got out of the hospital yesterday. Lung infection, forms of pneunomia, thank God it's not the breast cancer spreading to the lung and I can still continue on the chemo path. Anyway, I caught your Abraxane comment, and that's what I'm starting next week, hopefully, if my lungs clear up. Even though Abraxane was in the original treatment plan, they're hoping now it will shrink my tumor more than the TAC chemo did, so I can have the surgery. They tell me Abraxane will be a treat from Adriamycin and Cytoxan. Not nearly the heavy side effects, don't even have to take the AMEND or steroids. Docs tell me it will be a real break, which I'm welcoming, I've had a really rough time. I have to go on Abraxane once a week for 12 weeks. Everyone's different I guess. Good luck and I hope this helps. Susan
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    Yeah your home! So good to
    Yeah your home! So good to hear from you. Stay strong and positive and remember that you are loved my so many people.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

So glad to see you post
    So glad to see you post Laurissa, You are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep fighting and we will all be here fighting for you. You are thought of everyday all across this country. We love ya. Take care Kay,

How did you do Laurissa with
    How did you do Laurissa with your PET scan? Everything go ok?

Hugs, Jan
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    MGNS said:

Yeah your home! So good to
    Yeah your home! So good to hear from you. Stay strong and positive and remember that you are loved my so many people.

Laurissa... Happy to see you posting
    So Happy you're out of the hospital. You're in my thoughts and prayers that the new set of meds work extremely well.

My prayers and positive vibes are sent your way.

Big (((Hugs)))
    Mitzi ;0)
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Hey sweet lady I'm glad to
    Hey sweet lady I'm glad to see your post :) Hope this new drug is easier on you! You're in my thoughts and prayers as always Laurissa <3
    Sending you lots of love and good, positive energy
    xoxo
    heather
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Laurissa
    So glad you finally got out of the hospital. I hope your new treatment does its job for you and you feel better every day. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I'm starting Abraxane too
    Hi, I wish you all the best. I just got out of the hospital yesterday. Lung infection, forms of pneunomia, thank God it's not the breast cancer spreading to the lung and I can still continue on the chemo path. Anyway, I caught your Abraxane comment, and that's what I'm starting next week, hopefully, if my lungs clear up. Even though Abraxane was in the original treatment plan, they're hoping now it will shrink my tumor more than the TAC chemo did, so I can have the surgery. They tell me Abraxane will be a treat from Adriamycin and Cytoxan. Not nearly the heavy side effects, don't even have to take the AMEND or steroids. Docs tell me it will be a real break, which I'm welcoming, I've had a really rough time. I have to go on Abraxane once a week for 12 weeks. Everyone's different I guess. Good luck and I hope this helps. Susan

I'm glad you are out of the
    I'm glad you are out of the hospital too Susan and I am so sorry. Wishing you good luck on Abraxane and hoping it will shrink your tumor.

Keep us updated.

Hugs, Megan
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    ladyg said:

Laurissa
    So glad you finally got out of the hospital. I hope your new treatment does its job for you and you feel better every day. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Hi Laurissa~
    It's so good to hear from you and I'm glad you're out of the hospital. We always think of you and worry but your sister was so nice to post here so we knew where you were.
    I hope this new drug does the trick for you. Keep the faith and keep fighting. Sending tons of prayers and love.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    So happy to hear that
    you are home! I hope that you can get lots of rest and relaxation and that the Abraxane is easy on you.

All the Best, Clementine
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    sbmly53 said:

Laurissa!
    I am so happy to see your post! I never thought for a moment that you had forgotten us, but, boy were we worried. We were so thankful when your sister posted.

How wonderful for the fundraiser! Post when you can, we love you!

Hugs,

Sue

Hoping that you are feeling
    Hoping that you are feeling good today Laurissa and enjoying your Sunday at home! Please let us know your pet scan results as we all are concerned.

Hugs, Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    ladyg said:

Laurissa

Hugs,
    Georgia

Wishing you good luck this
    Wishing you good luck this Wednesday Laurissa when you start Abraxene. I pray you have no side effects. Post so we know how you do on it please.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

So happy to hear that
    you are home! I hope that you can get lots of rest and relaxation and that the Abraxane is easy on you.

All the Best, Clementine

So glad
    So glad to hear you are home and posting updates for us. Take it easy and get lots of rest. Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Debi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    debi.18 said:

So glad
    So glad to hear you are home and posting updates for us. Take it easy and get lots of rest. Keeping you in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Debi

Thinking and praying for you
    Thinking and praying for you Laurissa, we all are!

Hugs, Angie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    missrenee said:

Laurissa--so happy to hear from you
    and that you're out of the hospital. Hope you are regaining strength and are able to rest and relax at home. Best of luck with your new treatment. Sending a ton of positive energy your way for best results.

Hugs, Renee

Results yet from the pet scan? How are you doing on the new chemo?

Praying and thinking of you,

Leeza
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Angie2U said:

Thinking and praying for you
    Thinking and praying for you Laurissa, we all are!

Hugs, Angie

Abraxane
    Hi Laurissa,

I've been on Abraxane for two cycles and have had no bad side effects except for some neuropathy in my toes. I massage them several times a day and it has definitely helped.
    The chemo I was on this summer almost killed my lung function - pneumonia 3 times. So I said I needed a new plan. I was put on anastrazole for 6 weeks and then abraxane when my lungs healed enough to tolerate a chemo. I'm still on the hormones and my last abraxane treatment pre-surgery will end January 3rd. I will hopefully be able to have the mastectomy the end of January. I may have to back go on chemo for awhile - we just don't know at this time. If so, I am totally willing. I just want this done.

I am thinking of you and you are always in my prayers. Please take care and know that so many of us are keeping you in the light.

Blessings,
    Pam
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Pam5 said:

Abraxane
    Hi Laurissa,

I've been on Abraxane for two cycles and have had no bad side effects except for some neuropathy in my toes. I massage them several times a day and it has definitely helped.
    The chemo I was on this summer almost killed my lung function - pneumonia 3 times. So I said I needed a new plan. I was put on anastrazole for 6 weeks and then abraxane when my lungs healed enough to tolerate a chemo. I'm still on the hormones and my last abraxane treatment pre-surgery will end January 3rd. I will hopefully be able to have the mastectomy the end of January. I may have to back go on chemo for awhile - we just don't know at this time. If so, I am totally willing. I just want this done.

I am thinking of you and you are always in my prayers. Please take care and know that so many of us are keeping you in the light.

Blessings,
    Pam

Laurissa, sweet pink
    Laurissa, sweet pink sister,I pray for you and think of you often. I pray that you improve daily. ((((HUGS))))to my chemo buddy.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    VickiSam said:

Wraping my arms around you .. providing you
    with a huge Cyber hug, dear Laurrisa. Wishing, hoping and praying that you prevail
    strong during your uphill battle concerning your WBC.

I am happy that your are out of the hospital and on the mend.

As you know we pray and think of you, your extended family daily.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

I am sending lots of hugs to
    I am sending lots of hugs to you Laurissa and hoping you will post another update for us.

Hugs, Debby
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    natly15 said:

Laurissa, sweet pink
    Laurissa, sweet pink sister,I pray for you and think of you often. I pray that you improve daily. ((((HUGS))))to my chemo buddy.

Laurissa,
    Sweetie I am so glad to hear that you are now home. My prayers continue for you to find the strength you need to stay in the fight. We love you pink sister... ♥

Hugs,
    Lorrie