Wheezing after liver resection

tko683
tko683 Member Posts: 264 Member
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. My husband has his liver resection onWednesday and has wheezing bad all day? The nurses don'tseem concerned but he has never has asthma before and he isn't able to breathe deeply. He is able to walk but has hard time getting up and down. They took 10% of his liver but the incision is huge. I am hoping he feels much better next week but this is really hard to see your spouse in so much pain....I just wondered if anyone else had this problem and any advice on day 4 and what to expect.....Looking forward to better days ahead....hugs to everyone...thanks as always for all your advice.

Comments

• buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    I am happy to hear from you.
    I am happy to hear from you. I was wondering. My husband has also been having some respiratory issues. His surgeon said respiratory does not make him nervous as gut problems are much more difficult to deal with. I hope tomorrow is a better day. I hope you are able to get some rest for you too. We can't afford to get sick or our germs could be transferred to our husbands. Stay strong. Lisa
  • tko683
    buckeye2 said:

I am happy to hear from you.
    I am happy to hear from you. I was wondering. My husband has also been having some respiratory issues. His surgeon said respiratory does not make him nervous as gut problems are much more difficult to deal with. I hope tomorrow is a better day. I hope you are able to get some rest for you too. We can't afford to get sick or our germs could be transferred to our husbands. Stay strong. Lisa

Sleep?
    Hi Lisa, Hope your husband is feeling better. I know it gets better in time but my husband is not very patient. I hope yours is! He is still having hard time getting up out of bed and they took out the catheter already...so it is a struggle....just plain sick of cancer chemo and surgery and radiation...Hugs to you...Teri
  • alexinlv
    alexinlv Member Posts: 194 Member
    tko683 said:

Sleep?
    Hi Lisa, Hope your husband is feeling better. I know it gets better in time but my husband is not very patient. I hope yours is! He is still having hard time getting up out of bed and they took out the catheter already...so it is a struggle....just plain sick of cancer chemo and surgery and radiation...Hugs to you...Teri

Just wondering how your
    Just wondering how your hubbies are, ladies? How are you holding up. So happy to be in touch as we are awaiting the date for liver resection for my husband. How did you handle the week before, nerves wise, without letting them know how nervous you were? Hope today goes well! Alex
  • tko683
    alexinlv said:

Just wondering how your
    Just wondering how your hubbies are, ladies? How are you holding up. So happy to be in touch as we are awaiting the date for liver resection for my husband. How did you handle the week before, nerves wise, without letting them know how nervous you were? Hope today goes well! Alex

Keep yourself busy
    Hi Alex, My advice is just to keep yourself as busy as you can so you don't have any moments to let your mind wander. It was really hard but I.'ve had cancer myself so I wasn't completely freaked out....I knew he was in good hands and kept reminding myself that. My husband needed Ativan daily the week before which helped somewhat. Christmas will keep you busy for sure. This has been the harder part for me watching him in so much pain....that is killing me and living in this hospital room is rough....Hope you get your date soon so you and Toni can get this overwith very soon. Hugs and prayers...Teri