Shout out to Chen...

MAJW
MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
Where are you, special lady? Hope you're doing okay...we need, when you're up to it, to hear from you...

Hugs, Nancy

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    We are all rooting for you
    We are all rooting for you and pray you are doing better. (((Hugs)))
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

We are all rooting for you
    We are all rooting for you and pray you are doing better. (((Hugs)))

Yoohoo!
    You've been in my thoughts a lot, too. Hope you're ok.

Suzanne
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Aside from THAT Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play????
    If you only knew how difficult this site is for me to access! But, here I am!

Quick recap...as most of you know I am in a clinical trial, and I seem to be responding quite well~ I don't of course know for sure, but I feel really well! Alright, really well for a bald tired woman,in the middle of chemo anyway! I absolutely LOVE my medical team , which is a good thing, as I seem to live at the cancer center! LOL For example, next week on Thursday I have labs, a uninalysis, nuclear bone scan and a CT scan~ and Friday I have chemo, which takes about 5 hours! First of course I get the IV steroids for almost an hour, then Taxotere ( I was allergic last time, needed oxygen and 50 mgs of Benedry pushed) then the "investigational drug" for about an hour, then Zometa for an hour. Most of these drugs can be given much faster~ I however react adversely when the drip is fast so it is slowed down to almost nothing. Takes much longer of course, but with fewer SE's. I also take an insulated lunch bag with 2 bags of ice chips--I hold my fingers in one bag for as long as I can, and out of the other I suck on the ice. This has been known to help some of us with both neuropathy and mouth sores. So far so good! No mouth sores, no neuropathy! Friday is my 3rd infusion, btw.
    What I do have from the infusions is LOW white count! Though I do eat red/white boosting foods, it has not helped as far as the white count is concerned. My levels dipped to a "critically low level" last week...2.6. I got 3 Neupogen shots ( I take Aleve and Claritin and have NO bone pain!!!) and OMG~ my cancer center called me expecting me to be in severe pain!!! Why????? The neupogen elevated my white count from 2.6 to ( are you ready??) 76.4!!!! But, no pain...whew! Aways something on this journey!

Personally, life is good~ my Reggie is attentive, supportive and considers himself the lucky one in this marriage...I allow him to think that even though I know better! We still have our 2 year old granddaughter living with us 5 days a week~ Reggie calls her my REAL medicine, I suspect he is right. We too her out tonight to our small towns lighting of the Christmas tree in the Park, complete with an orchestra, dancers, carrollers, and every little shop had lighted decorated trees outside ther door. So festive and pretty!

I know as always I have missed greeting new ones, hugging my long-time Kindreds, hearing about your ornaments, riding the Pink Bus, sending congrats on great results...all of the things I wish I were a part of. I miss all of you!!!!!!

In case I can't find my way back here because of the computer gremlins barring the disccussion room door~ I wish you all a peaceful, happy and ultimatly healthy winter season. To those who celebrate, to those who don't...I send you much love, courage and every bit of encouragement from now and all through 2012.

You fill my ♥ Kindreds...I don't know what I would do without you heping me navigate the road. Again!

Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    chenheart said:

Quick recap...as most of you know I am in a clinical trial, and I seem to be responding quite well~ I don't of course know for sure, but I feel really well! Alright, really well for a bald tired woman,in the middle of chemo anyway! I absolutely LOVE my medical team , which is a good thing, as I seem to live at the cancer center! LOL For example, next week on Thursday I have labs, a uninalysis, nuclear bone scan and a CT scan~ and Friday I have chemo, which takes about 5 hours! First of course I get the IV steroids for almost an hour, then Taxotere ( I was allergic last time, needed oxygen and 50 mgs of Benedry pushed) then the "investigational drug" for about an hour, then Zometa for an hour. Most of these drugs can be given much faster~ I however react adversely when the drip is fast so it is slowed down to almost nothing. Takes much longer of course, but with fewer SE's. I also take an insulated lunch bag with 2 bags of ice chips--I hold my fingers in one bag for as long as I can, and out of the other I suck on the ice. This has been known to help some of us with both neuropathy and mouth sores. So far so good! No mouth sores, no neuropathy! Friday is my 3rd infusion, btw.
    What I do have from the infusions is LOW white count! Though I do eat red/white boosting foods, it has not helped as far as the white count is concerned. My levels dipped to a "critically low level" last week...2.6. I got 3 Neupogen shots ( I take Aleve and Claritin and have NO bone pain!!!) and OMG~ my cancer center called me expecting me to be in severe pain!!! Why????? The neupogen elevated my white count from 2.6 to ( are you ready??) 76.4!!!! But, no pain...whew! Aways something on this journey!

Personally, life is good~ my Reggie is attentive, supportive and considers himself the lucky one in this marriage...I allow him to think that even though I know better! We still have our 2 year old granddaughter living with us 5 days a week~ Reggie calls her my REAL medicine, I suspect he is right. We too her out tonight to our small towns lighting of the Christmas tree in the Park, complete with an orchestra, dancers, carrollers, and every little shop had lighted decorated trees outside ther door. So festive and pretty!

I know as always I have missed greeting new ones, hugging my long-time Kindreds, hearing about your ornaments, riding the Pink Bus, sending congrats on great results...all of the things I wish I were a part of. I miss all of you!!!!!!

In case I can't find my way back here because of the computer gremlins barring the disccussion room door~ I wish you all a peaceful, happy and ultimatly healthy winter season. To those who celebrate, to those who don't...I send you much love, courage and every bit of encouragement from now and all through 2012.

You fill my ♥ Kindreds...I don't know what I would do without you heping me navigate the road. Again!

Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥

<3 love you Chen <3
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

<3 love you Chen <3</p>

Yeah!
    Our Chen is back...! at times this site is hard to access..I use an iPad...when I get " server can't open" I simply start over, going to cancer survivors network and usually it works and opens the site....

Peace be with you, Chen this coming week and always...may you have the strength to endure...

Hugs and love,
    Nancy
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    chenheart said:

Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen you are such an
    Chen you are such an inspiration to so many. Thank you for the update of your clinical trial, Reggie and your sweet granddaughter. Stay strong!!!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    chenheart said:

Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥

Glad Your Counts Recovered!
    In spite of the fact you are dealing with the cancer business, you post sounds uplifting. You do have what it seems to be a great hubby and a wonderful grandchild to keep your life interesting.

Wishing you the same and a healthier 2012.

Doris
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    chenheart said:

Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thank You....
    Dear Chen,

You were the first person I came across on this site. You gave me hope and strength. I hope I can repay you with helping others. Thank you for being you. My prayers are with you always. I wish You the best for the rest of this year and times to come.

Merry Christmas, Diana
  • chenheart
    gagee said:

Thank You....
    Dear Chen,

You were the first person I came across on this site. You gave me hope and strength. I hope I can repay you with helping others. Thank you for being you. My prayers are with you always. I wish You the best for the rest of this year and times to come.

Merry Christmas, Diana

Oh my~ I am so happy I have
    Oh my~ I am so happy I have been miraculously able to log on lately~ I have missed "talking" to all of you and you have no idea how much reading your posts has meant to me. All of you are so special to me for so many different reasons...I know that if I had to, I could make this journey alone. But knowing that we walk this path together, with true Kindred Spirits who understand and encourage me~ it makes every step easier.
    Diana~ you made me cry!!!! I am so glad that I was able to give you what you are now giving me and others~ it is the ultimate Pay It Forward, isn't it?

I love you all...

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hugs and positive thoughts sent your way
    Hope good health pays you a permanent visit! Thinking of you and wish you many more years.

Hugs,
    marcia
  • chenheart
    Marcia527 said:

Hugs and positive thoughts sent your way
    Hope good health pays you a permanent visit! Thinking of you and wish you many more years.

Hugs,
    marcia

Awwwww Marcia, TY so much! I
    Awwwww Marcia, TY so much! I am almost ready to begin to maybe want to start t beginning possibly thinking about making the house look a bit holiday festive..which of course means bringing out the lovely ornaments I have collected from the Kindreds over the past 5 or so years~ Boerne, Texas will soon be represented!
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    chenheart said:

Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥

checking in
    One of the reasons I keep coming back is because of you and Kathi. Gotta see how you are doing and you _are_ an inspiration to a lot of us. I have always known while on this journey that I can come back here and you will help me keep my head on straight. Anything you ever need-just find a way to let us know.

Maureen