Newly diagnosed with Stage II

I have another question. I have a 5 cm lump in my right breast and my doctor has me starting chemo Monday. He ordered six rounds of Cytoxan/Taxotere to try to reduce the tumor to make it easier to remove with a lumpectomy. After the surgery, more chemo, then radiation. I have estrogen negative receptors so I can't take Tamoxifen after treatment. Has anyone else had this diagnosis with a tumor this size and also Estrogen negative receptors? What has your experience been?

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Triple Negative...
    From your post, I assume you have triple negative bc...many on this board have this type, including myself....my tumor was 2.2 cm...that's less than an inch....so, no chemo for me before the lumpectomy..but took the same chemo cocktail after surgery, followed by 33 radiation treatments...

Triple negative is an aggressive type of bc...so follow your oncologist's advice....

I wish you the very best as you begin this long journey..
    Hugs, Nancy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    NO advice just thinking of
    NO advice just thinking of you...

Denise
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

NO advice just thinking of
    NO advice just thinking of you...

Denise

Hi Susie,
    I had a 7 c.m tumor in my left breast. Although my tumor was ER+, I too had to do 6 rounds (or so I thought)of chemo before my mastectomy surgery. After 4 rounds my tumor had shrunk so much that we stopped and did the surgery. After my pathology report came back I got to forgo my last two treatments as no cancer was found in any of my lymph nodes.

So stay strong my dear, and I hope your first round of chemo went well this past week. Keep up updated on how you are doing.

Hugs,
    Lorrie