O.T.

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
who else has already mailed their Christmas cards?

Denise...

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Benefits
    When I was diagnose and going through treatment, I had to cut out a lot things that were superfluous. I was working and only had so much energy. One item that was cut was sending out Christmas cards.

Then the following year, I decided to continue not doing things I didn't enjoy. I have never sent out cards again. Well, perhaps a couple to people who I thought very dear. If someone sent a letter with their Christmas card, I would call them or write a letter. Those who only signed their name, I never responded.

For me, not doing something that I thought was expected of me, dropping it, turned out to be one of the many insightful perks from being diagnose.

Denise, did you cut things that you realize were unnecessary?

Doris
  • BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    I'm starting them next week
    I am going to start writing my Christmas cards next week. I try to write about 10-15 cards a day as I try to write a little note in each of them. By the end of seven days, I'm usually finished. Merry Christmas
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    BetsyJane said:

I am going to start writing my Christmas cards next week. I try to write about 10-15 cards a day as I try to write a little note in each of them. By the end of seven days, I'm usually finished. Merry Christmas

I not only...
    Love to send Christmas cards, I paint mine! ...I do watercolors and oils....I paint the picture then take it to a printer who then reduces the painting to card size,and put on card stock.......This gives me great joy....and I love receiving Christmas cards! Personally, I don't care if there's a personal note from the sender or not..I figure they must be thinking of us even a bit to address and stick a stamp on it....
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I bought mine! I too love
    I bought mine! I too love getting Christmas cards as life is so busy for some it is the only time that we can really connect, and I love all the pictures of my niece's and nephews babies, and family and friends.

But I love Christmas most of the time.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    I have bought them and
    I have bought them and gotten the pictures of my grand kids to include in a few of them. I love sending out cards even though I am not always on top of it.
    As to letting go of things I don't want to do, I am still paying some one to clean the bathrooms and do the floors! I think I have the energy but I would rather go to San Francisco and hike up to the Golden Gate Bridge!

Cindy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    BetsyJane said:

I love doing my Christmas
    I love doing my Christmas cards and my hubby always helps. He puts the stamps on. LOL

I always write something personal on each one to try and make it special.

Merry Christmas pinkies!

Sue :)
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Send only a few
    I only send cards to those who I am not likeley to encounter between Christmas and New Year. So I gotta get busy on my two or three. Thanks for reminding me.
  • disneyfan2008
    MAJW said:

I not only...
    Love to send Christmas cards, I paint mine! ...I do watercolors and oils....I paint the picture then take it to a printer who then reduces the painting to card size,and put on card stock.......This gives me great joy....and I love receiving Christmas cards! Personally, I don't care if there's a personal note from the sender or not..I figure they must be thinking of us even a bit to address and stick a stamp on it....

sounds wonderful...
    Denise

sounds wonderful...

Denise
  • disneyfan2008

Send only a few
    I only send cards to those who I am not likeley to encounter between Christmas and New Year. So I gotta get busy on my two or three. Thanks for reminding me.

MY must do tradiation if
    MY must do tradiation if PHOTO cards I make at CVS 4 of us and grandsons...

I am a picture NUT...love to scrap (used to all the time until grandsons moved back in with their mom) space limited now..but anyhow..I LOVE To do my anuula photo cards..

Denise

About 35