I am newly diagnosed

I was diagnosed last week and my doctor ordered an MRI to rule out the left breast and lymph nodes. Left is clear but lymph node is suspicious. Dr. called me yesterday to do a nother biopsy on Monday. If lymphs are involved he wants to do chemo first. if not surgury Dec. 30, 2011. I feel like I woke up in a dream and waiting for someone to yell Psych. I am shocked.
I haven't told anyone.

Comments

• trixytwo
    trixytwo Member Posts: 59
    hi
    I am newly diagnosed too on oct 1. What a rollercoaster it has been. Im no expert ( yet) but i would strongly advise
    You to start building a close group of friends to talk to. Also keep a journal.
    Hugs and stay positive.
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    I know the feeling very
    I know the feeling very well. Is this all a joke? When will I wake up? It's a horrible rollar coaster ride. You better hang on! before you panic, wait until you know for sure everything that is going on. Wait for the final diagnosis and then research it. This list is a fantastic place to start to get help and make friends. I didn't find it until after surgery. I wish I knew about it from the beginning. I understand that you haven't told anyone yet. I didn't want anyone to know. I didn't want to talk about either because that would make it too real. I would confide in some-one close to you though because you will need someone to get you through the following months. It's the not knowing that is the scariest. Once you know exactly what you are dealing with I'm sure many here will have advice for you. Good luck on the biopsy. Keep us informed. I'm sending extra hugs your way{{}}. Come back and talk all you want.

Angela
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hello confused one (:
    I am so sorry to meet you here but of all places to go
    for support, this is the best one. The ladies on this
    board have carried me through my dark day, tough decisions
    as well as shared my twisted humor.

Try to relax, I know it is scary but remind yourself at
    ALL times that cancer is NOT a death sentence. And there
    are many women here to support my statement. Take a deep
    breath and prepare yourself for battle. It will be rough,
    I wont' down play it. But I will also say that the emotional
    is a big part and you can control that. As soon as you talk
    to a oncologist and get your game plan on, it will be easier.
    You have but ONE focus - to heal.

In the meantime, stop in and share your thoughts, fears and
    inspiration. You will find some.

I am sending you a big hug.

Ayse
  • MNGirlyGirl
    MNGirlyGirl Member Posts: 14
    Me too
    Hi, I was diagnosed mid-October and my head is still spinning. I went in for a routine mammogram (after skipping them for the last 4 years) and they found calcifications. After the biopsy showed it was cancer, I had a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy. I had to have a re-excision (sp?)because they found more invasive cancer and had to get clean margins. The tumor was triple negative with lymph nodes clear. I just scheduled my first chemo therapy session for January 5 and am scared to death. I'll be getting Taxotere and Cytoxan. From the sounds of it they are a fairly tolerable combination. It's all so surreal. Shopping for hats and trying to figure out what all I need to get done. I think you should tell your family and friends because you are going to want and need all that support. At first I thought it was some dirty little secret, but now I tell everyone. This is a big deal and you shouldn't handle it alone. Wishing you good news.
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    I will sound like a broken record, but here I go anyway
    Be prepared to give yourself a break, and take care of yourself. If you feel like freezing meals in advance and sorting closets, etc. do it. But, be prepared to not want to go to the grocery store, or Wal-mart, or even church. Don't feel bad if you don't make it to every kid concert or ballgame...you must watch out for yourself.

Be your own best advocate and if you don't get the laundry done or the house clean...oh well, you can catch up later, or let one of those "what can I do to help you" people do those things for you.

Good luck, hang in there,

Jennifer
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    Family and Friends
    It can be very difficult to inform family and friends but, once you do, you can gain the support that you need. And, you will always have support here.

Ballerina