Results from Mammo

Thank you all for going with me today. Turns out that I really needed some chocolate and strawberries, and everything else you brought with you. Don't worry about crowd control....I can handle those nurses and techs myself.

To make a long story short, I am NED, but not without an ordeal. I went in as usual, they took pictures of both breasts, and had me wait in the waiting room in my fine looking hospital gown until the radiologist looked at the film. An hour later they tech called me back and said they needed more pictures on my right breast (my "good" one). You could have kncked me over with a feather. Anyway, more xrays, more waiting, and after two hours the tech called me in again and said there was "something" suspicious that the radiologist wanted to see closer through a biopsy.....and then asked when I was available. I told her "right now". She talked with the radiologist and he did the biopsy within ten minutes. It was a swollen nodule...nothng to be concerned about. After picking myself up off of the floor, I made it to the general waiting room where my husband had been waiting, and nearly fell apart. What a scary ride, but after all is said and done, I am NED and will have another mammo in six months. To answer your question, Leslie, generally you have a mammo following chemo treatmens on the treated breast. Six months later you have a mammo on both breasts. That goes on, first one breast and then both, for three years, every six months. Next mammo for me will be my last six month one, and then I on a yearly schedule. It will no longer be considered a "diagnostic" mammo, but just an annual mammo. Hope that explains it well. I am rather brain dead from my day, so if someone else can explain it better, please do so.

Thanks so much for everyone's support, and let me know when the next bus ride begins. I will be there with champagne. Hugs, Judy

P.S. Nancy, have you heard on your results yet?

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    wow...
    Jesus! What a relief this must be for you after the waiting and annoyance. I'm so sorry this happened to you today. you were probably so scared. I'm just happy it turned out to be nothing. Thank God for that. I hope you recover from this physically and mentally. Take a good rest tonight, sleep well.

Lots of hugs for you.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Oh girl,
    I KNOW that feeling...we all probably do. The wait is so hard! I am so happy everything turned out good and you're dancing with NED! Breathe easy.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    sea60 said:

Oh girl,
    I KNOW that feeling...we all probably do. The wait is so hard! I am so happy everything turned out good and you're dancing with NED! Breathe easy.

Hugs,

Sylvia

What an ordeal for you
    The ride home on the bus was full of celebration after your scare today. So happy it turned out to be ok. Dance the night away.

Suzanne
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Wow, Judy,
    What a day! I'm sorry you had to go through all that - but, Yippee, hooray NED!!!

Sue
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    sbmly53 said:

Wow, Judy,
    What a day! I'm sorry you had to go through all that - but, Yippee, hooray NED!!!

Sue

Happy news Judy! Sorry it
    Happy news Judy! Sorry it took so much trauma to get the
    great NED! I hope you dance the night away.

Luv & congrats and a big hug too, Teresa
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    WHOOO HOOOO!
    ✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
    . . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿
    ..…………........♥ •.¸.•´♥……............♥
    ♥YEAH FOR JUDY SHE IS NED♥

Extremely happy for you!!!

RE
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    I am so glad
    I am so glad they could get you in right away for the biopsy. Who the heck wants to wait for the answer. You got your answer Johnny on the Spot. Also very glad the answer was a good one for you. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I am so glad
    I am so glad they could get you in right away for the biopsy. Who the heck wants to wait for the answer. You got your answer Johnny on the Spot. Also very glad the answer was a good one for you. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy.

What a horrific experience!!! I bet your mind,
    body and soul raced non-stop during the multiple Xrays, and biopsy. And to be sporting that SEXY paper hospital grown for hours -- well, lets just say -- You Rocked it, Judy!

I hate the waiting ... it sends my personality into overdrive -- which is when my EVIL Twin, Nikki comes out to haunt everyone .. I Love for days.

I will now perform my hap hap dance for you .. lets hope I don't trip over my feet!

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I love that you said "right
    I love that you said "right now", and that it was done for you right now! Why make the waiting and fear any longer. So very, very happy you can still dance with NED!

Hugs,

Linda
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

I love that you said "right
    I love that you said "right now", and that it was done for you right now! Why make the waiting and fear any longer. So very, very happy you can still dance with NED!

Hugs,

Linda

Thank you all for being there for me. Now that I have passed this latest checkup, I am available to ride the Pink Bus for all of you. My turn to bring the goodies. Hugs, Judy
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    sbmly53 said:

Wow, Judy,

Sue

Congrats!

Congrats!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

Thank you all for being there for me. Now that I have passed this latest checkup, I am available to ride the Pink Bus for all of you. My turn to bring the goodies. Hugs, Judy

I am so late in
    I am so late in congratutlating you Judy, but, I am happy dancing to your good news of NED!

♥ Kristin ♥