Out of hospital

laurissa
laurissa Member Posts: 773
Hello everyone, it's been awhile. I've been having alot of blood count problems and transfusions because of the chemo drugs I was on. Now I have swollen lymph nodes, one on my neck the size of a golf ball. Today I go for a petscan. I know my sister updated all of you. She and others did so much for me holding a fund raiser and raised alot of money. That was a blessing. Next Wednesday, I'll be starting a new chemo drug called Abraxene. Has anyone been on it? It is weekly with the 4th week off. I hope things go better with it. I'm starting to have bad feelings concerning my lymph nodes. Sorry I haven't posted in a long time. I just noticed some PM messages, so don't think I was ignoring you. I'll keep you posted about my results. Thanks for thinking of me and your prayers!

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Good to see you!!
    Hi Laurissa -- We all think of you often. I'm sorry you've been having such difficult time with blood count. And now dealing with more concerns. My prayers are always with you, and specially today so your results are good. Please try to rest, and if you can keep us updated.

I've only taken ACT for chemo regimen, but I hope other sisters can help you about side effects and what to expect. I went online to see what information may help you and I came up with these two links:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/abraxane-side-effects.html

http://breast-cancer.emedtv.com/abraxane/abraxane-side-effects.html

Praying you get little to no side effects. Best wishes are always with you Laurissa.

Hugs
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

Good to see you!!
    Hi Laurissa -- We all think of you often. I'm sorry you've been having such difficult time with blood count. And now dealing with more concerns. My prayers are always with you, and specially today so your results are good. Please try to rest, and if you can keep us updated.

I've only taken ACT for chemo regimen, but I hope other sisters can help you about side effects and what to expect. I went online to see what information may help you and I came up with these two links:

Praying you get little to no side effects. Best wishes are always with you Laurissa.

Hugs

Hi Laurissa~
    So good to see your post this morning. I know I am not alone in thinking of you and praying for you~ so many have been!! My sister was so helpful during my treatments and surgeries, she was an angel~how wonderful the support you have during this time, it certainly allows us to get that rest we need as we go through our treatments. I will hope for little to no side effects as well, and hope you are able to fully enjoy the holidays, sit back and allow others to serve you (it ministers to them, to be of assistance).
    Blessings~ Melanie
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Hi Laurissa~
    So good to see your post this morning. I know I am not alone in thinking of you and praying for you~ so many have been!! My sister was so helpful during my treatments and surgeries, she was an angel~how wonderful the support you have during this time, it certainly allows us to get that rest we need as we go through our treatments. I will hope for little to no side effects as well, and hope you are able to fully enjoy the holidays, sit back and allow others to serve you (it ministers to them, to be of assistance).
    Blessings~ Melanie

Yay - out of the hospital
    You're never far from my thoughts, Laurissa.

Keep fighting, take care of yourself. Sending you all my positive energy.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Good to see you!!

Hugs

Laurissa
    So good to see you posting. Your sister posted to let us know that you were in the hospital. So happy you are out now.

I'm so sorry to read about your lymph nodes. I am sending big prayers for your PET scan. Please let us know your results.

Prayers and hugs,

Debby
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Good to see you!!

Hugs

double post

double post
  • beachmom
    beachmom Member Posts: 50
    prayers to you
    Hi Larissa,
    I'm new to these boards but I can see by the posts that you are loved! I pray that all goes well with your new treatment. I'll be praying for you.

Love,
    Keely
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    DebbyM said:

double post

double post

Hello!
    So good to hear from you. So sorry you've had such a tough time and hope this new chemo is much easier on you. Please thank you sister from all of us for letting us know when you were in the hospital. I know we all think about and worry about you a lot.

Sending hugs and prayers,
    Suzanne
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DebbyM said:

double post

double post

Wraping my arms around you .. providing you
    with a huge Cyber hug, dear Laurrisa. Wishing, hoping and praying that you prevail
    strong during your uphill battle concerning your WBC.

I am happy that your are out of the hospital and on the mend.

As you know we pray and think of you, your extended family daily.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Laurissa... it's so
    Laurissa... it's so wonderful to hear from YOU! Keep fighting, we are here supporting you in spirit and prayer!
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Hi Laurissa
    Glad you are out of the hospital, that must be such a relief. I was on Abraxane and it was much milder than the the others that I have been on. I didn't need as many neulesta shots and I felt pretty good while on it. It seemed to work well for months.

Hope this works for you, and will say prayers that those lymph nodes are just due to all the activity in your body! Will be with you today for your Pet Scan!

Prayers and hugs,
    Carol
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Hello!
    So good to hear from you. So sorry you've had such a tough time and hope this new chemo is much easier on you. Please thank you sister from all of us for letting us know when you were in the hospital. I know we all think about and worry about you a lot.

Suzanne

Hi Laurissa
    I am so glad that you are out of the hospital and feeling well enough to post. The pink sisters have been so worried about you.

Please do thank your sister for letting us know about your being in the hospital. That was nice of her.

Good luck with the PET scan and with the new chemo. Post your results Laurissa.

Hugs & prayers,

Jan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Hello!

Suzanne

Sorry
    double post
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Glad to
    Glad to see your out of the hospital. We didn't feel ignored, just concerned about you. Praying that the new treatment works well and easily for you.

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

marge
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Oops double post
    Oops double post. Sorry
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Oops double post
    Oops double post. Sorry

Laurissa
    So good to hear from you and you're finally out of the hospital.I understand you are worried about the lymph nodes.I've never had any involvement with lymph nodes.BUT just recently I had met someone whose mother is a 25 year survivor and she had more than 20 lymph nodes involved. I know I heard right because I had to ask the lady to repeat that.

So prayers to you for a good test result.I can understand you being worried.Remember we are all thinking of you.

Lynn Smith
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Laurissa... it's so
    Laurissa... it's so wonderful to hear from YOU! Keep fighting, we are here supporting you in spirit and prayer!

Seeing you post
    is so good Laurissa! I am wishing you the best of luck with your scan and your new chemo. The pink sisters here love you and are all supporting you as you can see.

Please keep updating us!

Praying,

Lex
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Laurissa
    So good to hear from you and you're finally out of the hospital.I understand you are worried about the lymph nodes.I've never had any involvement with lymph nodes.BUT just recently I had met someone whose mother is a 25 year survivor and she had more than 20 lymph nodes involved. I know I heard right because I had to ask the lady to repeat that.

So prayers to you for a good test result.I can understand you being worried.Remember we are all thinking of you.

Lynn Smith

Welcome Back
    It is so good to hear from you Laurissa, and to hear that you are going to be on a different chemo treatment. Sometimes our bodies just can't handle a particular treatment, and another one might be even better for you. My prayers have been coming your way, and it is just good to see your smiling face. Hugs, Judy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    It's so wonderful to here from you!
    We were just worried about you. How amazing that so much money was raised to help. Your sister sounds like an angel. My prayers are with you Laurissa. I hope and pray this new drug works wonders!

BIG hugs,

Sylvia
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I am so happy that you are
    I am so happy that you are out of the hospital--yay! But I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. We understand when you can't post, but we love you and miss you. You are an amazing lady! I am praying that the abraxane will knock the heck out of the beast. Hugs and prayers.
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    I'm glad You Are Out
    Hi Laurissa, I'm glad you are out of the hospital. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

Ballerina