about a year ago....

Options
It was the tuesday after thanksgiving last year that i got the news i had cancer. I have dreaded this day over the last few weeks. The memories of that moment and the year to follow. Waking up this morning i realized i have a choice to make. I can sit around and feel sorry for myself or i can take this day and be grateful for every moment ive spent with my family over this past year. Thankful for my new outlook on life and all ive gained through this experience that only something this devastating can bring. Encouraged that somehow my experience will help another the way all of you have helped me. Thanks for pulling me through and giving me the hope i needed to get up and go to treatment everyday. Above all i thank God for directing my steps and seeing me through even when i couldnt see Him.

Comments

• fisrpotpe
    fisrpotpe Member Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Survivor
    Congrats on your one year survivor birthday! May there be many more and with you attitude there will be.

John
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Turkey......
    LOL, many more future Turkey Days to come...

Best,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi akotke

It was 9 years ago just two weeks before Thanksgiving I got the news, now I look at it as my anniversary of the rest of my life, 9 down and praying for 30 more. Congratulations on your first and hope for many many more for you.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    What a difference a year makes....
    Just 365 little days.

Glad to read things are much better for you these days. I sure hope that things will continue to improve for you. You are right, in making a choice everyday when you get up in the morning. Some days are easier than others. I hope you have more easy and good days, over the hard bad days.

Blessings-

sweet