HERCEPTIN Movie called "Living Proof"

BetsyJane
BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
A few weeks ago, I read on this board about a movie called "Living Proof". It is based on a true story on how the drug "Herceptin" came to be and how it helps treat thousands of women each year with breast cancer. I immediately purchased this DVD on EBAY for less than $8. Since I am on Herceptin (until May 2012), it gave me an extremely positive outlook regarding this treatment.

For women on Herceptin, I can't recommend this movie HIGHLY enough. In fact, I am bringing it to my oncologist office and suggesting he let all the women receiving Herceptin view this movie.

Did anyone else view this movie?

Comments

• disgur
    disgur Member Posts: 17
    Best movie of all time! I
    Best movie of all time! I loved it!
  • mruczko
    mruczko Member Posts: 110
    Herceptin Movie
    Yes, I saw this movie in October. My Cable providor, Comcast/Xfinity offered a Pink Ribbon selection of shows, advice and this movie. I clicked on it quite by chance. I am Herceptin Pos. and found it fascinating. I had no idea it was such a struggle to bring this drug to market. Thank you Dr. Slamon. Thanks also to the lady worked tirelessly to raise money, thanks to Revlon Foundation for their contribution at a critical time of development. Thanks also to Dr. Slamon's family and for their understanding and to all those brave women who participated in the study. This was probably the greatest step forward in the treament of breast cancer in the last 20 years.
    Marlene
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I am Grateful
    I saw the movie. You know... my oncologist was involved in the research done at UCLA with Dr. Solomen( not sure of spelling). I am very fortunate to have Dr. David Chan as my oncologist. He is, without a doubt, a Rock Star! Yes, I tested positive for HER2.
  • erica65
    erica65 Member Posts: 20
    Living Proof
    Does anyone know the author of this movie or book? I would like to read it but there are several of them by different authors. Please is someone could help me. I am on herceptin and love to read.

Thanks so much all:)
  • erica65
    Living Proof
    Does anyone know the author of this movie or book? I would like to read it but there are several of them by different authors. Please is someone could help me. I am on herceptin and love to read.

• erica65
    Living Proof
    Does anyone know the author of this movie or book? I would like to read it but there are several of them by different authors. Please if someone could help me. I am on herceptin and love to read.

• erica65
    erica65 said:

Living Proof
    Does anyone know the author of this movie or book? I would like to read it but there are several of them by different authors. Please if someone could help me. I am on herceptin and love to read.

Ooops
    LOL sorry i posted the same thing more then once but my computer is acting nuts like me and i have no idea how to delete the extras.
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    I mentioned the movie to my
    I mentioned the movie to my oncologist. At my next visit she had watched it and was impressed with how well it was done! She said she usually found fault with medical movies, but she liked "Living Proof"