Holiday Week

Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
Hi Pinks-

We're leaving in the morning to visit our kids for the holidays - in Las Vegas. We'll drive down so that takes care of Monday. It's about a 9 hour drive.

Tuesday I have an appointment at a wig shop for a new do. I just need a change, the current wig is not being phased out. I'm taking my 5-year-old granddaughter with me - she's excited about buying Grandma some new hair.

Then we'll grocery shop for Thursday and shop for our daughter's birthday on Sunday (27). Wednesday I'll start to cook stuff and go back to the store for all the things I forgot. Thursday we'll eat, eat, eat.

Friday morning we're back on the road to visit our 90-year-old friend whose birthday is on Thanksgiving day. We'll be home either late Friday night or Saturday morning depending on how much energy we have left.

All of this is with the dog along because we can't bare to board him. This is something we've got to get over.

So - I probably won't be on here much next week. Wishing you all a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving. One big thing I have to be thankful is all of you.

What's everyone else doing?

Suzanne

Comments

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hope you have a safe trip and please! enjoy your family and I feel you on the dog we have one we really limit where we travel too because of her it really hurts her feeling when we leave her. I'm staying close to home most of my family are here around me i just eat a little at each house through out the day, we take a family walk afterwards at the first house and by the time i get to my house its night time,my dinner is for the next days cause i make sure i don't have to cook for a day or two afterwards and i don't do black Friday i never have i don't like the idea of rushing and having to get up to to early for a deal. that's my thanksgiving in a nutshell ~~lol~~Mollyz
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Sounds great , especially
    Sounds great , especially going to somewhere that is not frigid. It's 3F outside right now - thankfully just a light breeze so no bad wind chill or drifting/blowing snow. We got about a foot here on the prairie night before last and yesterday don't know how much they got up in the Hills (Deadwood) but they did need snow to open Terry Peak anc Mystic Miner ski areas without doing a lot of 'artifical'. Hubby is a tow truck driver and they haven't done any "out od town" since Friday noon unless it was a police/sheriff/highway patrol call. Havve fun in the warm!

The only times our 'Small' 4 legged babies (small as in the dogs as opposed to the horses) don't go where we go is when we fly somewhere.

Have a great time in the warmth.

Susan
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    mollyz said:

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Hope you have a safe trip and please! enjoy your family and I feel you on the dog we have one we really limit where we travel too because of her it really hurts her feeling when we leave her. I'm staying close to home most of my family are here around me i just eat a little at each house through out the day, we take a family walk afterwards at the first house and by the time i get to my house its night time,my dinner is for the next days cause i make sure i don't have to cook for a day or two afterwards and i don't do black Friday i never have i don't like the idea of rushing and having to get up to to early for a deal. that's my thanksgiving in a nutshell ~~lol~~Mollyz

To you both...
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING To you both and to all our pink sisters! We all have much to be thankful for...I count my blessings daily...

We're going to our daughter's ...AND we're not cooking! This will be a first...we have ordered EVERYTHING from a local restaurant where the food is delicious...we pick it up at 11:00 AM Thanksgiving day....bring it home and serve it up! It will seem strange not cooking...at first....but I could get use to it pretty quickly! especially since we usually have a crowd....my daughter is very involved in helping unwed, young, pregnant girls...so we usually have at least one at our table....

Again, to all who will be traveling, be safe and my best wishes and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.....I am so thankful for all of my " pink sisters"....
    Hugs,Nancy
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Suzanne,
    sounds like you're going to be busy in a wonderful way. Have fun and enjoy every minute!!

I'm going to Mom & Dad's house (in the same city) and be with family and enjoying my grandbaby. Dad's dementia/memory loss is progressing but for the most part, he still remembers us. And of course, I'll enjoy eating turkey. My chemo was during Thanksgiving some years back and I was frustrated NOTHING tasted like it should have so I can certainly relate to those going through it now.

Wishing YOU and all my sisters a blessed and wonderful holiday as well.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Suzanne, I'm so thankful to
    Suzanne, I'm so thankful to have you too! Your trip sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it will be nice to spend the holiday with your family.

When my kids were little I started a tradition, we create 'The Family Thankful Book'. Each year each of us writes/decorates/creates a page, and each year we look at books from previous years. We'll spend time in the morning doing that, and then in the afternoon we'll go to the house of a long time friend and eat, laugh, eat some more, talk, eat, play games, eat again, etc.

I will NOT be shopping on black friday...I worked retail for several years and I have no desire to participate in that madness ever again.

Hugs,

Linda
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Enjoy everyone!
    We go to my mom's for lunch, she does the turkey, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls and cranberries and we bring the rest. My duty is 5 cup salad and green bean casserole.

We are keeping my grandson Thanksgiving night while his mommy and daddy do some black Friday shopping then getting our Christmas decorations up. Then if I have any energy left I will wrap what I have purchased thus far or do some more shopping. I may just be a bum and watch Christmas movies and veg.

Hope everyone's holiday is wonderful!

Jennifer
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Suzanne,
    Have a wonderful

Suzanne,
    Have a wonderful trip. It sounds like alot of fun.
    Don't get over not boarding the dog, I did once and felt horrible(Scooter was beside himself when we picked him up). We have someone that stays at the house. The pups love her and the house is taken care of too. Just a thought.
    Cindy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Suzanne your Thanksgiving adventure sounds lovely, doggy and all! :-) We plan on having dinner with friends on Wednesday to celebrate her grand daughters 18th birthday (she is home from college for the holiday) then on Thanksgiving we will be going to the home of the same friends as she hosts THanksgiving for most of my family. Much like you I plan to eat eat eat so Mon, Tues, and Wed. I plan to walk~walk~walk! :-) How a wonderful week and enjoy the time with family and friends! I too am thankful for my CSN family, you are all a blessing.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

RE
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Suzanne :) sounds like
    Suzanne :) sounds like you've got your plate full for Thanksgiving! We're going to my mother in law's for dinner, and early Friday morning, we're taking our daughters on a 6 hr road trip to northern michigan to an indoor water park resort. One of our friends and his fiancee, and their kids are joining us! We are all sharing a suite, complete with pirate ship bunkbeds, storytime by dressed up characters by the fireplace, and a spa! And the best thing about this - my husband pulled this all together without me knowing anything about it!
    So Cam and I are going to miss out on our black friday shopping, but that's ok! Everyone enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    NEW do..hu? cute your grand
    NEW do..hu? cute your grand daughter going along...

I do not have wig (NO chemo) but I am up on changing hair styles...at any time...

have a great time

Denise
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
    I thought about spending Thanksgiving in Nevada, but was vetoed! Laugh. We did this when my kids were little and I was still married. We loaded up the car and my Mom, would have a wonderful dinner with family (brother and his family were there). But they no longer live there and I just wanted to go for the fun! Oh well, have a great time~!

Be careful on your trip and have fun getting your new do's.

Prayers,
    Carol