Marsha Mulvey ~~ How Are You?

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
Marsha, it has been a long time since you have posted and I never saw anything about your latest test results. Please post and let us all know how you are.

Thinking of you and praying for you!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I think of you, often ... Marsha as well
    as pray that all is going your way.

Health, Happiness and Strength.

Vicki Sam
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Thinking of you too!
    I sent a PM last week but haven't heard anything...praying all is well!

Sylvia
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Marsha, you are on the mind
    Marsha, you are on the mind and in the hearts of the pinkies.

Praying,

Sue :)
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Ritzy said:

Praying,

still fighting!
    I'm still fighting, but it's getting harder. My last scan showed just what we expected - the two largest tumors in the liver have now come together with several of the smaller ones to make them very large. The side effects with Halaven have been difficult too. My abdomen is distended from the chemo and the enlargement of the liver so I am uncomfortable all the time. A couple of weeks ago they did an ultra sound of the abdomen - thinking it was filling up with fluid but none was found. This is not pain, but constant discomfort. Sleep is difficult because you are never comfortable, no matter what position you try to lay.

The supraclavical lymph nodes are all swollen again and this is the first time for this since we were able to shrink them down about three months into the fight.

Here's the good news: As many of you know, my cancer was too extensive when it was first found to warrant any surgery. So, the tumors in my breast have been an indicator as to what's going on. I can tell you for sure that those tumors have been shrinking while on Halaven. Usually that tells us what's going on with all of the cancer. This time though, I'm not sure because I'm not getting any relief in the abdomen. It seems like the distention in the abdomen would be getting better if the liver were shrinking too. It will be several more weeks before another scan in order to know for sure.

I've continued to work but now take about an hour and a half to two hours for lunch. I drive home, grab a bite to eat and stretch out for a while. It's difficult to sit for a long time without a break. I'm very fortunate to work where everyone is so understanding. We're currently starting to train someone part-time who will eventually take my place. This is something that needs to be done, so I'm not having any hard feelings about it. My boss called me in to say he didn't want me to think I was being pushed out - that as long as I'm able to work any at all, I have a job in that office.

I do want you to know that recently I've tried several times to get on and either my computer or this site have acted up to stop me from doing so.

As always, I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and of course request that you continue. You'll be in mine as long as I'm able.

Best wishes and God bless.
    Marsha
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

still fighting!
    I'm still fighting, but it's getting harder. My last scan showed just what we expected - the two largest tumors in the liver have now come together with several of the smaller ones to make them very large. The side effects with Halaven have been difficult too. My abdomen is distended from the chemo and the enlargement of the liver so I am uncomfortable all the time. A couple of weeks ago they did an ultra sound of the abdomen - thinking it was filling up with fluid but none was found. This is not pain, but constant discomfort. Sleep is difficult because you are never comfortable, no matter what position you try to lay.

The supraclavical lymph nodes are all swollen again and this is the first time for this since we were able to shrink them down about three months into the fight.

Here's the good news: As many of you know, my cancer was too extensive when it was first found to warrant any surgery. So, the tumors in my breast have been an indicator as to what's going on. I can tell you for sure that those tumors have been shrinking while on Halaven. Usually that tells us what's going on with all of the cancer. This time though, I'm not sure because I'm not getting any relief in the abdomen. It seems like the distention in the abdomen would be getting better if the liver were shrinking too. It will be several more weeks before another scan in order to know for sure.

I've continued to work but now take about an hour and a half to two hours for lunch. I drive home, grab a bite to eat and stretch out for a while. It's difficult to sit for a long time without a break. I'm very fortunate to work where everyone is so understanding. We're currently starting to train someone part-time who will eventually take my place. This is something that needs to be done, so I'm not having any hard feelings about it. My boss called me in to say he didn't want me to think I was being pushed out - that as long as I'm able to work any at all, I have a job in that office.

I do want you to know that recently I've tried several times to get on and either my computer or this site have acted up to stop me from doing so.

As always, I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers and of course request that you continue. You'll be in mine as long as I'm able.

Marsha

Marsha
    I am happy to read that the Halaven is shrinking the tumors Marsha. But not so happy to read about the tumors in your liver coming together with the smaller ones.

I can't even begin to imagine how hard you are fighting, and, I pray that you continue to fight as hard as you can. I wish there more that we could do, other than post here, sending you hugs, hope and prayers.

Your working just shows the determination and courage that you have!

Thank you for posting an update, as, we were all worrying about you.

Take care Marsha and know that you are always in my prayers.

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

There's something wrong with
    There's something wrong with the site Marsha and it has been this way for awhile now. I don't know what, but, many of us have trouble getting in anymore.

Great seeing you here! I am praying for you!

God Bless you Marsha,

Megan
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

still fighting!

Marsha

I was hoping this wouldn't happen
    regarding the tumors fusing together. I hope and pray that you get comfort soon and you can sleep better :( I also hope and pray that the Halaven will continue to shrink ALL tumors and you can get relief in the abdomenal area.

Marsha, you're in my thoughts and prayers...

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Megan M said:

There's something wrong with
    There's something wrong with the site Marsha and it has been this way for awhile now. I don't know what, but, many of us have trouble getting in anymore.

Great seeing you here! I am praying for you!

God Bless you Marsha,

Megan

Praying your chemo will
    Praying your chemo will shrink your tumors Marsha. I've always been amazed how a pink sister that is having such a difficult time continues to work. You are awesome Marsha!

Prayers,

Diane
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

still fighting!

Marsha

Marsha sending you a big hug
    Dear Marsha,
    I am very sorry that you are having a very difficult time. Happy holiday to you and your family
    Sending you a big hug?
    New Flower
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

still fighting!

Marsha

For Marsha,
    Dear Marsha,

You are such a brave woman. Working is such good therapy. I am happy for you that your boss and co-workers are so understanding.

Hope you find some relief soon on the abdomen problem.

Positive thoughts sent your way.

Doris
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Marsha sending you a big hug
    Dear Marsha,
    I am very sorry that you are having a very difficult time. Happy holiday to you and your family
    Sending you a big hug?
    New Flower

Hoping and praying you get
    Hoping and praying you get some relief and that this chemo gets rid of the tumors.

Hugs and prayers,

Angie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Think of you all of the time
    Think of you all of the time Marsha and am sending along prayers and hugs to you!

Hugs, Lex
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

I stand united with the
    I stand united with the others in wishing you strength and hope. I will keep you in my prayers Marsha.

Hugs, Debby
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Ritzy said:

Praying,

I am praying for you
    I am praying for you Marsha.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Just wondering and a bit
    Just wondering and a bit worried about you Marsha. It has been a long time since you posted to us. How are you doing?
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Noel said:

Just wondering and a bit
    Just wondering and a bit worried about you Marsha. It has been a long time since you posted to us. How are you doing?

Marsha ... Marsha .. Marsha ...
    how goes it? We Sisters in PINK are praying for you ... and hoping you are in good health, and spirits!

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    VickiSam said:

Marsha ... Marsha .. Marsha ...
    how goes it? We Sisters in PINK are praying for you ... and hoping you are in good health, and spirits!

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam

I am getting really worried
    I am getting really worried since Marsha hasn't posted. Praying for you Marsha!

Hugs, Diane