MRI results

linny b
linny b Member Posts: 25
Hi, I got the results of the MRI yesterdat, 3 mm x 3mm x 5mm enhancing nodule, plateau pattern of enhancement. BIRADS-category 3 - probably benign. Another MRI in 6 months. This wording of "probably benign" has me a little scared. Should I ask for a biopsy to be done? I don't think I can wait and wonder for 6 months. I've already had DCIS twice, which resulted in a mastectomy. Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed. Thanks

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Instincts
    I am sorry you’re still worried. I would follow my indicts and request a biopsy, if this was me. If your gut tells you it should be checked further, then listen to your inner voice. I also think a BIRADS category of 3 is better than 4 and 5, so I hope you find some comfort on this as well.

Please keep us posted.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Personally...
    I refuse to play the "let's watch it"...or the waiting game....if it were me..."probably" isn't good enough...I'd want a biopsy....better safe than sorry and no wondering and worrying for six long months.......

Best wishes and keep us posted....
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    MAJW said:

Personally...
    I refuse to play the "let's watch it"...or the waiting game....if it were me..."probably" isn't good enough...I'd want a biopsy....better safe than sorry and no wondering and worrying for six long months.......

I would definitely ask for a
    I would definitely ask for a biopsy! At least ask for a core biopsy. They can tell a lot with that. They actually new the exact size of my tumor from that.

I'll be thinking of you.

Take care,
    Pam
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    You shouldn't have to wait
    Definitely request a biospy. Why should you have to be on pins and needles for six months especially when you've had dcis twice. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ballerina
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    I never liked the wait and
    I never liked the wait and see game either. Go with you gut, you know your body better than anyone.

Cindy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MAJW said:

Personally...

If it were me, I'd ask for a
    If it were me, I'd ask for a biopsy. I don't like the just watch it either. I'd rather know for sure.

Good luck in whatever you decide,

Jan
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    mamolady said:

I never liked the wait and
    I never liked the wait and see game either. Go with you gut, you know your body better than anyone.

Cindy

Waiting game
    I thing I agree with the others. My understanding is to get it early right !! Is that not what were told. Fight to get what you want done now. Good luck
    Kathy
  • linny b
    linny b Member Posts: 25
    Kat11 said:

Waiting game
    I thing I agree with the others. My understanding is to get it early right !! Is that not what were told. Fight to get what you want done now. Good luck
    Kathy

MRI guided biopsy
    Thanks for all your support, I've got a mri guided biopsy being scheduled. I'll let you know how it goes. Linny
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    linny b said:

MRI guided biopsy
    Thanks for all your support, I've got a mri guided biopsy being scheduled. I'll let you know how it goes. Linny

I'm glad to know that you
    I'm glad to know that you are having the biopsy done Linny. Let us know your results.

Hugs, Lex
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Alexis F said:

I'm glad to know that you
    I'm glad to know that you are having the biopsy done Linny. Let us know your results.

Hugs, Lex

Go with your gut!
    Ask for a biopsy. Sending prayers that all is well.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    skipper54 said:

Go with your gut!
    Ask for a biopsy. Sending prayers that all is well.

Good luck with the biopsy!
    Good luck with the biopsy! Praying it will be benign!
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Kylez said:

Good luck with the biopsy!
    Good luck with the biopsy! Praying it will be benign!

I was told that also
    I was told that also.Probably benign.Well there was a delay and change of plans for my treatment.I was livid not knowing and it had been almost a month.Finally I was told the tumor was going be needle biopsied. I wasn't getting a surgery to remove the lump and biopsy that I was told in the beginning.So immediately I called the Breast Center. They got my doctor to send them a order within a hour.Next day I had the needle biopsy and it was a benign fibroid tumor. I have a appt with a new doctor soon.

I always say and read "you don't know till a biopsy is done".I asked my doctor "What do you think".He said I think it is benign BUT we don't know till we go in and biopsy or remove the lump. That makes me comfortable but I want it done ASAP.Not weeks later.

Lynn Smith
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    linny b said:

MRI guided biopsy

Keeping everything crossed...
    toes, fingers - you name it and they are crossed fo you!!

I really hope for great results and an anxiety free post
    from you.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I was told that also
    I was told that also.Probably benign.Well there was a delay and change of plans for my treatment.I was livid not knowing and it had been almost a month.Finally I was told the tumor was going be needle biopsied. I wasn't getting a surgery to remove the lump and biopsy that I was told in the beginning.So immediately I called the Breast Center. They got my doctor to send them a order within a hour.Next day I had the needle biopsy and it was a benign fibroid tumor. I have a appt with a new doctor soon.

I always say and read "you don't know till a biopsy is done".I asked my doctor "What do you think".He said I think it is benign BUT we don't know till we go in and biopsy or remove the lump. That makes me comfortable but I want it done ASAP.Not weeks later.

Lynn Smith

Hoping and praying that you
    Hoping and praying that you get benign results!

Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    aysemari said:

Keeping everything crossed...
    toes, fingers - you name it and they are crossed fo you!!

I really hope for great results and an anxiety free post
    from you.

Hugs,
    Ayse

Good luck with the biopsy
    Good luck with the biopsy Linny! Praying and like Ayse, crossing everything for good luck!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Kat11 said:

Waiting game
    Kathy

Kathy is right, getting it
    Kathy is right, getting it early is so important. Good luck to you!

Hugs, Diane