aromasin (exemestane) and aches

linny b
linny b Member Posts: 25
Hi, after being taken off tamoxifen I've been on aromasin for about 2 months. Every morning my wrist, hands and fingers ache. Has anyone else having aches and pains while on aromasin?
Thanks Linny

Comments

• SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    The Joys of Aromatase Inhibitors
    Dear Linny,

AI's are noted for joint and bone pain. Not fun at all. This is a side effect of all AI's be it Femara, Arimidex or Aromasin.

Best wishes,

Doris
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    SIROD said:

The Joys of Aromatase Inhibitors
    Dear Linny,

AI's are noted for joint and bone pain. Not fun at all. This is a side effect of all AI's be it Femara, Arimidex or Aromasin.

Best wishes,

Doris

Terrible body aches
    I have been on Aromasin for 2 months also & my body hurts all over all day long. I must admit it was was worse with the anaztrazole which I was on for 2 months. Most of the time i feel like a 90 year old woman lol. I hope the pain gets better for you .

Hugs,

Dawne
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Linny,
    I am on arimidex and

Linny,
    I am on arimidex and when I first started the bone pain was so bad my husband asked if they should lower the dose. Now after almost 4 months, it really isn't much of a problem. Mostly if I sit for a long time.

Hopefully it will lessen as you get used to it. I also started walking more so maybe that helped.

Cindy
  • linny b
    linny b Member Posts: 25
    mamolady said:

Linny,
    I am on arimidex and

Linny,
    I am on arimidex and when I first started the bone pain was so bad my husband asked if they should lower the dose. Now after almost 4 months, it really isn't much of a problem. Mostly if I sit for a long time.

Hopefully it will lessen as you get used to it. I also started walking more so maybe that helped.

Cindy

aromasin (exemestane) and aches
    Well, atleast I'm not alone, and it's not just my imagination. My hands, wrists are worse when I first wake up. When I sit on the couch, I can hardly get up, I look like I'm 80 yrs. old, my tail bone aches, I also walk, just to keep things moving, I hope it lets up soon. Thanks Linny
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Some of us have worse side
    Some of us have worse side effects from these meds. Hope yours will lessen with time. I have been off the arimedex for 9 months and still having all the pain. I pray you will have better results.

Hugs and Prayers to You,
    Diana
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    gagee said:

Some of us have worse side
    Some of us have worse side effects from these meds. Hope yours will lessen with time. I have been off the arimedex for 9 months and still having all the pain. I pray you will have better results.

Hugs and Prayers to You,
    Diana

Oh yes
    I have been on Aromasin for 4 months and I still ache. Like some have said when I first get up in the morning or after I set a while is when it is the worse. With me it is my feet, ankles and knees that hurt more. I do notice my hands (one mostly) tend to go to sleep at night some, not sure if that is connected. God Bless
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Oh I feel your pain... I
    Oh I feel your pain... I have the same thing I have a hard time when I first get up in the morning but as I start to move around I do feel somewhat better.
    Best wishes to you
    Hugs :)
    Robbin
  • mamasurvivor
    mamasurvivor Member Posts: 5
    aromasin
    I have been on aromasin for 5 years. For me, the really bad aching has gotten much better. I remember the days of barely being able to move after sitting still through a meal, but now that is much better. Not gone completely, but much better. Now I am wondering how long I will be on this med. Anyone been on longer than 5 years?
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I know what you mean about
    I know what you mean about pain, Some days I can hardly walk or get up from a seated position. My knees bother me allot. I also have bursitis in them. OUCH!!
    And then other days it isn't to bad. I do take Ibuprofen and Tylenol daily it helps.
    I hope you are feeling better and have pain free days. Take care Kay
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    I have been on Aromasin for
    I have been on Aromasin for almost a year and I have found that I don't have as bad of a headache if I take it in the morning, and I still get up like a old lady and ache in my hands,back and feet. If I don't sit for long periods than I am better but it is hard to get moving some mornings.
    I hope that you get better
    HUGS (^_^)
    Robbin
  • mamasurvivor
    mamasurvivor Member Posts: 5

I know what you mean about pain, Some days I can hardly walk or get up from a seated position. My knees bother me allot. I also have bursitis in them. OUCH!!
    And then other days it isn't to bad. I do take Ibuprofen and Tylenol daily it helps.
    I hope you are feeling better and have pain free days. Take care Kay

I have had bursitis in my knee and then my hip. Both lasted about a year and a half and were quite painful. Is that also a side effect of aromasin? I always wondered what I did that caused it.
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    Me too
    I'm also taking Aromasin..same complaints--joint pain. But there is another side effect that I get, that I haven't seen many women getting. I have trouble sleeping...when I get four to five hours sleep a night, its good. I usually get two or three....
    But compared to what could happen if we don't take it, I'll deal with the joint pain and
    not sleeping...

Angie