tamoxifen and achy areas

mjjones453
mjjones453 Member Posts: 155
Anyone on Tamoxifen that has aches(throbbing) in the underarms where they check for lymphnodes? or sometimes even breast aches? Of course I have had bone pain, and hot flashes, but was just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Comments

• jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    tamoxifen
    I do have those same symptoms every now and the. I have breast aches also. These don't bother me as much as the pain and fatigue that I suffe.
    Hope this helps you,

Jean
  • deeb111
    deeb111 Member Posts: 141 Member
    tamoxifen effects
    Hello Tamoxafen is bad know all about it have all side effects feel better
  • Ballerina
    Ballerina Member Posts: 152
    Yep, Yep, and Yep
    All of the above but my onco says just push through it.

Ballerina
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    deeb111 said:

tamoxifen effects
    Hello Tamoxafen is bad know all about it have all side effects feel better

NO noticeable side effects
    NO noticeable side effects for 2 1/2 yrs...I was checked regularly for thickening of uterus..which I did have (each time after test I had D & C each time..FINALLY Hysterectomy 6mths ago. I was takenn for 3 mths prior to surgery NOW back on for 18 mths more..

Denise
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Ballerina said:

Yep, Yep, and Yep
    All of the above but my onco says just push through it.

Ballerina

Pain from Tamoxifen
    Yes there is pain, My ONC also said the same push through it. The hot flashes are getting a little better almost 18 months later. They just told me to take over the counter pain meds. I do have y take other pain meds if I need, I only take them when life gets really tuff and I also have a bit of nerve damage in my arm which causes me pain. Hang in there.
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    I had a lumpectomy and a
    I had a lumpectomy and a sentinel node biopsy in May 2010. I still get achy in those spots. If I touch my scars, they are still sore. Every so often I get a 'zap' from nerves, I guess. I lose feeling in the pinky on that same side.

I have been on Tamoxifen since Aug 2010. I get hot flashes and body aches almost daily. I have also had some uterine changes. Onco doesn't want to switch me yet. I'm 45 and premenopausal.