Port a Cath

trspaw
trspaw Member Posts: 73
Has anyone diagnosed with Lung Cancer had thier port removed? One doctor told me one year after Chemo and another told me two years or we will discuss it then.

I appreciate any input.

Thank you
Teresa

Comments

• AlanRinHBG
    AlanRinHBG Member Posts: 121
    port
    Hi Teresa, I had mine removed on Monday. I haven't had chemo since Jan. '2010. I've had to get it flushed every 6 weeks. It was almost 2 years so I wanted it gone. Oncologist said that was fine.If I ever have a recurrence, they'll put in a new one. I don't know your situation, but for me it was just a constant reminder that I wanted to lose. They did it with just some novacaine, only took about 15 minutes. I could still feel the tugging and snipping and all that stuff. If you're the least bit squeemish, have them put you under.
  • trspaw
    trspaw Member Posts: 73

port
    Hi Teresa, I had mine removed on Monday. I haven't had chemo since Jan. '2010. I've had to get it flushed every 6 weeks. It was almost 2 years so I wanted it gone. Oncologist said that was fine.If I ever have a recurrence, they'll put in a new one. I don't know your situation, but for me it was just a constant reminder that I wanted to lose. They did it with just some novacaine, only took about 15 minutes. I could still feel the tugging and snipping and all that stuff. If you're the least bit squeemish, have them put you under.

Thank you for the reply,
    Thank you for the reply, AlanRinHBG. I appreciate it, the information was helpful.

Have a great day

God Bless
    Teresa
  • AlanRinHBG
    AlanRinHBG Member Posts: 121
    trspaw said:

Thank you for the reply,
    Thank you for the reply, AlanRinHBG. I appreciate it, the information was helpful.

Have a great day

God Bless
    Teresa

port?
    Hi Teresa, So, are you going to get rid of it? Today is a week from getting rid of mine. The bruise is huge and many colors. This too shall pass. Dr. told me not to shoot skeet off that shoulder for a while. HAHA. I'm glad it's gone.