~~ What's Everyone Doing For Thanksgiving? ~~

2»

Comments

• COOKING
    Dear Susie,

My daughter, son-in-law,and their 4 children are coming up for Thanksgiving dinner and staying the weekend. So it's a lot of cooking, site seeing, and attending a family reunion on Saturday. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. I ordered the turkey today. GOBBLE GOBBLE.

My son and his family will be with his wife's family. I get them every other Thanksgiving Day..

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    ladyg said:

Still not sure.
    I know I will be making a turkey at home for my husband and my mother. I am still undecided to invite my friends that we have had dinner with the last couple of years. I am hesitating on this because I am having some major dental work done 6 days before Thanksgiving and I am not sure if I will feel up to having anyone here.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Good luck Georgia with your
    Good luck Georgia with your dental work. I hope it won't interfere with your Thanksgiving.

Hugs, Angie
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339

COOKING
    Dear Susie,

My daughter, son-in-law,and their 4 children are coming up for Thanksgiving dinner and staying the weekend. So it's a lot of cooking, site seeing, and attending a family reunion on Saturday. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. I ordered the turkey today. GOBBLE GOBBLE.

My son and his family will be with his wife's family. I get them every other Thanksgiving Day..

I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

My Husband, my 2 girls & I
    My Husband, my 2 girls & I are going over to my mom house ...actually my WHOLE entire family is going to my mom house...We are Latin so that's alot of people that likes to eat and have a reason to party..... to us any holiday is a big party.

Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving
    Eva
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

After many years of JUST MY
    After many years of JUST MY HOUSEHOLD for Thanksgiving my neice invited all of us for dinner...will be nice...we used to always have together...then some issues and now back...if my mom were around she would be so excited to see this or be with all of us...

Denise

we all live local......

I don't have to have it this
    I don't have to have it this year! Yippee for me! LOL Going to my sister's and crossing my fingers that she cooks the turkey right. LOL

Hugs, Lex
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    epark said:

My Husband, my 2 girls & I
    My Husband, my 2 girls & I are going over to my mom house ...actually my WHOLE entire family is going to my mom house...We are Latin so that's alot of people that likes to eat and have a reason to party..... to us any holiday is a big party.

Hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving
    Eva

keeping it small and manageable this year ...
    immediate family, and a few friends over. Then Pete and I are leaving for 3 day week - end to San Diego ..with friends -- where we have tickets to see the San Diego Charger game against the Denver Bronco's on Sunday .. so exciting ... Yes, getting back into the swing of things -- My new Normal... and I LOVE IT!

Happy Thanksgiving my Pink Sisters ---- enjoy, laugh and create new memories.

Vicki Sam
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    VickiSam said:

immediate family, and a few friends over. Then Pete and I are leaving for 3 day week - end to San Diego ..with friends -- where we have tickets to see the San Diego Charger game against the Denver Bronco's on Sunday .. so exciting ... Yes, getting back into the swing of things -- My new Normal... and I LOVE IT!

Vicki Sam

Going to my daughters'. I am
    Going to my daughters'. I am glad to pass the torch for the past couple of years. I always had the Holidays at my house and now they each take turns between the 3 of them.
    Love it!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Imagine you Vicki Sam
    Imagine you Vicki Sam looking forward to football! LOL
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Angie2U said:

Imagine you Vicki Sam
    Imagine you Vicki Sam looking forward to football! LOL

Thanksgiving
    I am in charge of my town's community Thanksgiving dinner. I have lots of great helpers
    --some who are cancer survivors. We serve the usual meal & deliver it--could go as high
    as 500 this year! I have been doing this for 30+ years & it is such a great experience!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Susie...you're so clever!
    I love the scrollie thing.

Well, we always get together at my parents house and this year will be no different. Turkey with the works but most important, I get to be with my loved ones. So grateful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    sea60 said:

Susie...you're so clever!
    I love the scrollie thing.

Well, we always get together at my parents house and this year will be no different. Turkey with the works but most important, I get to be with my loved ones. So grateful for that.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!

Andie and I will be going to

Andie and I will be going to my daughter's. My son usually has it but we're over 30 this year and he doesn't have enough room. None of us drink but you would think we did - lots of loud laughter and carrying on. Great fun! I wish everybody a blessed and happy
    Thanksgiving!

Much Love!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Reggie and I are having "Valentine's Day" this year! I love to cook, I love to entertain, and for more years than I can remember, we have had Thanksgiving at our house with all of Reggie's family and friends who now ask if they can eat with us because I make the "good food!" LOL But this year.....
    I will have just have my 2nd round of chemo, and I didn't think I would be up for the whole she-bang. Siobhan and her g/f are headed up to Carmel to spend the holiday with her g/f's family, Reggie's girls (they are in their 20"s) are spending the holidy with their mother. We were invited to one of the friends for dinner, but I declined. I just don't know how I will be feeling, and with it being a 45 minute drive, I don't want to get there only to give Reggie "the look" and have us come home agian! And sad to say, food isn't tasting so good these days....

Anyway, there are still 2 tradtions I will not do without! One, Reggie is Native American, and he has always half-jokingly called the day Thanks-taking Day. To "honor" that, my table has always been adorned with 2 Pilgrim Rag Dolls run through with arrows! Two, we always watch an episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer called "Pangs"~ as in pangs of conscience. It is about Reggie's Tribe ( the California Chumash) and how the spirits of the massacred Natives come back and "give back" all the diseases which the Europeans gave to them way back when! They even speak Samala~ which is the actual language spoken by the Tribe. So, it has become my Thanksgiving version of "It's Wonderful Life!" LOL

Oh...why is it going to be Valentine's Day??? Because I am making mini-versions of turkey day favorites just for Reggie and me, but instead of turkey I am making tiny game hens! And as it is just going to be the 2 of us, it will be candle light and all of the romance associated with that day! Sparkling apple cider in champagne glasses! LOL

Hope that we all remember that in the midst of all of the ugliness of cancer, we do have things and people to be thankful for~ as they say, when I count my blessings, I count you first!

Hugs,
    Chen♥