Got my Xeloda

molly64
molly64 Member Posts: 5
Finally got my Xeloda script approved and picked up my pills today. My HR manager at work interceded on my behalf and made things happen after days of insurance delays.

Now I have to worry about how I will tolerate the 2 weeks on and one week off Xeloda treatment in addition to my daily radiation treatment on my pelvis and sacrum and my monthly Xgeva shot. Hope I feel well enough to keep working at my job. I desperately need the insurance coverage since my husband split during my first round of breast cancer surgeries and treatments 3 years ago.

Thanks to all for your hugs and good wishes.

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YEAH!!!
    Great news Molly! So glad you can now get on with treatment! I also took Xeloda daily, for 5 days a week in addition to radiation 5 days a week for 25 radiation treatments....I was tired, but by no means incapacitated by it....And Xeloda increases the effects of radiation, which is a good thing...makes the rads work even better....As I told you before, I have had no problems with the Xeloda at all....no nausea...no hand/ foot syndrome...do take good care with lotions on both....I now have been on it since The end of July...7 days on 7 days off...don't ask me why doctors differ with this part of Xeloda...when you get your's, it states the usual dosage is 3 weeks on and 1 week off....go figure....

Anyway, again so happy you finally can get on with treatment...keep us posted...there are more than a few of us on Xeloda so hopefully, they'll also respond with their experiences with it....I have scans on Nov.28 to see how it is working...I feel confident it is keeping the beast at bay...because all the nodes (that's where mine reappeared) have shrunk big time! I am Stage IV so this isn't going away....being now treated as a chronic disease....

Hugs, Nancy
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    MAJW said:

YEAH!!!
    Great news Molly! So glad you can now get on with treatment! I also took Xeloda daily, for 5 days a week in addition to radiation 5 days a week for 25 radiation treatments....I was tired, but by no means incapacitated by it....And Xeloda increases the effects of radiation, which is a good thing...makes the rads work even better....As I told you before, I have had no problems with the Xeloda at all....no nausea...no hand/ foot syndrome...do take good care with lotions on both....I now have been on it since The end of July...7 days on 7 days off...don't ask me why doctors differ with this part of Xeloda...when you get your's, it states the usual dosage is 3 weeks on and 1 week off....go figure....

Anyway, again so happy you finally can get on with treatment...keep us posted...there are more than a few of us on Xeloda so hopefully, they'll also respond with their experiences with it....I have scans on Nov.28 to see how it is working...I feel confident it is keeping the beast at bay...because all the nodes (that's where mine reappeared) have shrunk big time! I am Stage IV so this isn't going away....being now treated as a chronic disease....

Hugs, Nancy

I am also on Xeloda
    Had it during radiation for 5 weeks with weekends off...now 1 week on and 1 week off...no side effects except a bit of fatigue. Hope it works well for you!

Laura
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    MAJW said:

YEAH!!!

Hugs, Nancy

So happy Molly that you can
    So happy Molly that you can continue your treatment! Wishing you the best of luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hugs, Kylez